• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
Just finished Bastion (6.4 h gameplay). As of right now, it'd be #1 on my GOTY list. I can't fully articulate why because I do actually have some issues with the gameplay, but I hope to get some time to put down some thoughts. It's a very special game and a breath of fresh air and if you're on the fence, well, definitely consider buying it.

Hmm, your recommendation for Hamilton was spot on and I'm loving that game to death, so you've peaked my interest, but when I played the Bastion demo months ago it seemed like a shallow repetitive 2d brawler and seemed like a game that'd get old real quick.

Will look forward to your more in-depth thoughts on it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hmm, your recommendation for Hamilton was spot on and I'm loving that game to death, so you've peaked my interest, but when I played the Bastion demo months ago it seemed like a shallow repetitive 2d brawler and seemed like a game that'd get old real quick.

After nearly five hours of the full game, I feel about the same way as you. It was very pretty, but too shallow to hold my interest for long.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I don't think it's worth a separate thread so I'll post it here.

VG247 said:
@Ekanaut, a marketing chap at Monday Night Combat dev UberEnt, spotted this at “at a local game developer event worn by a Valve employee.” Keep the faith, boys.

hl3.jpg

Just finished Bastion (6.4 h gameplay). As of right now, it'd be #1 on my GOTY list. I can't fully articulate why because I do actually have some issues with the gameplay, but I hope to get some time to put down some thoughts. It's a very special game and a breath of fresh air and if you're on the fence, well, definitely consider buying it.

I'll pick it up if (when?) it goes on sale during the Winter Sale. Definitely a game I want to check out. It may be worth the full $15, but that's a little steep for me at the moment.

Or if it goes on sale on the 360 - I have $10 in points sitting in there, though I may want to save that for Skyrim DLC at this point...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Holy fuck, another 900+mb update for Dungeon Defenders.

Thats it, I am turning updates off on the game, and I know anther friend who says he is just uninstalling it (He has somewhat limited HDD space). These updates are just to much. The content is nice, but I am somewhat over the game, and just don't play it enough to justify it (Biggest problem is I have some issues with my internet and am stuck on Wifi for now)

I completely agree and it's my personal game of the year as well. There aren't many games I play through again right away once I'm finished but that was one of them. I'm interested in reading your thoughts on it.

If that shirt was just Valve trolling it would say "Half Life 3: Episode 1"

Could a announcement be coming soon?

Maybe at the Spike VGA's or as a christmas present during the xmas steam sale?

probably not but a man can dream

Symphonic

I don't think it's worth a separate thread so I'll post it here.

hl3.jpg

Emailed Gabe about it. He's usually pretty good about responding to my (and others) questions about this kind of stuff. I usually don't email him at 2 in the morning though...probably a good idea for someone to shoot him an email about this at around 8 or so.

Guys.

Why in the world would HL3 just come out? They would hype it up for at least a year first.

Oh, I guarantee word-of-mouth and gaming websites would do plenty of hyping even post ninja-release. I totally do not expect a ninja-release to occur, just that Valve wouldn't be hurting either way. Sure, their day 1 sales might not be insane, but the sales will come in due time.

Also, I'm putting a $20 limit for myself this winter sale. I'll quote this after the winter sale to either eat crow or bask int he glory of self-control.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys.

Why in the world would HL3 just come out? They would hype it up for at least a year first.

Nobody has said it would "just come out". Developers often wear a shirt advertising their upcoming game when demoing it or conducting interviews. Assuming the shirt were real, that would be why it exists.

Blizzard

Banned
Emailed Gabe about it. He's usually pretty good about responding to my (and others) questions about this kind of stuff. I usually don't email him at 2 in the morning though...probably a good idea for someone to shoot him an email about this at around 8 or so.
When has he responded to your emails? :( I've emailed him like 5 times about stuff and there's like never a response! I demand personal attention!

derFeef

fake as hell but if it's not I'll celebrate by spam gifting steam games to people itt

What do you mean by fake? The photo is real and the t-shirt also is real. Now if it's just clever trolling or hype-starting, that's the question.

Except everyone hoping it will just drop at Christmas.

I remember when people thought the next Nintendo system would just come out next week.

That's a joke one guy made.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Except everyone hoping it will just drop at Christmas.

I remember when people thought the next Nintendo system would just come out next week.

Two people mentioned Christmas, and one was being facetious while the other not overly serious.

Half-Life³ finished in secret. Launched on Christmas day* as Valve's present.

December 25th, 2014
If that shirt was just Valve trolling it would say "Half Life 3: Episode 1"

Could a announcement be coming soon?

Maybe at the Spike VGA's or as a christmas present during the xmas steam sale?

probably not but a man can dream

Symphonic

When has he responded to your emails? :( I've emailed him like 5 times about stuff and there's like never a response! I demand personal attention!

He responded to me about a fake HL3 ARG thing that popped up a while ago and another fake advertisement that showed up last year.

I also shared a couple of long emails with him and Jeep Whatshisface when I was deeply/directly involved with the group that ultimately solved the Portal 2 ARG.

Guys.

I don't think Valve would care too much either way. An unannounced release would send GAF into a frenzy and Valve can do all their marketing after it has already hit Steam. Would be nice to go into it cold with no idea what was going to happen aside from Episode 2.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
He responded to me about a fake HL3 ARG thing that popped up a while ago and another fake advertisement that showed up last year.

I also shared a couple of long emails with him and Jeep Whatshisface when I was deeply/directly involved with the group that ultimately solved the Portal 2 ARG.

I emailed him about controller support for OS X when steam first came out on it and he forwarded it to someone else in the company who responded that they're working on it but the lack of an official Apple API made it kinda hard.

Bradach

i came back to PC gaming 6 months ago after a 5 year stint on the consoles and i have to say I LOVE STEAM! The sales are so damn exciting. I love getting a great game for the same price as bus fare

jkoch

Thanks to today's update, I've fallen back into the throes of Terraria addiction. They added a ton of new stuff to the game. I wiped my 50 hour save and restarted with a fresh character, and there is so much to do...tunnels to dig, minerals to pick, monsters to slay...so much for finishing any more games by the end of '11. I'm off the wagon.

It's a lot of game for $2.50. Buy it if you haven't already, jerks.

I bought it for $2.50, played for about 20 minutes, then quit. I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom