• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

A man walks into a bar and orders twelve tequilas. As he's finishing the twelfth, the bartender asks him what he's celebrating. "My first blow job" replies the man. "In that case have the thirteenth on the house" says the bartender. "No thanks mate", says the man, "if twelve won't get rid of the taste, I don't think another one will help."

Heaven is an American salary, Chinese cook, a British home and a Japanese wife.

Hell is a Chinese salary, a British Cook, a Japanese home and an American wife.

Alright gaf, time for another holiday giveaway! This time, it's going to be 3 complete Borderlands editions! This time, the three gaffers that give the funniest joke will win a copy. Contest ends 6pm EST.

Two muffins are sat on a hill, watching the sunset. The first muffin turns to the second and says "beautiful, isn't it?" The second muffin looks at him in horror and shrieks "Oh my god! A talking muffin!"

Arken2121

Alright, after looking over the jokes. Here are the three choices I believe were the funniest.

In no particular order:

1. Stumpokapow
2. Corto
3. Red Blaster

Congratulations! I'll be having more of these as the month passes along.

catabarez

Two muffins are sat on a hill, watching the sunset. The first muffin turns to the second and says "beautiful, isn't it?" The second muffin looks at him in horror and shrieks "Oh my god! A talking muffin!"
I was about to use a very similar one lol. Gotta love that anti-humor. :p

Volcynika

Ah, thank you. I just figured since it was referenced to a steam sale, this would be more appropriate.

It's just an issue of readability for those that may not be interested (great that people give tot he community though). Moreso since it's "Post ___ and in the next few hours I'll choose a winner." That's just me though.

It's just an issue of readability for those that may not be interested (great that people give tot he community though). Moreso since it's "Post ___ and in the next few hours I'll choose a winner." That's just me though.

Actually I think you are right on this too (I just thought about it).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Proposition: I have a $50 gift card for iTunes, but I have no interest in anything in the Itunes store. I was wondering if someone would be interested in gifting me Cave Story+ ($10) in exchange for it. PM me or hit me up on Steam.

thanks Amrod!

Javaman

Normally I don't care about autopatching but a 5 gig update for Wings of pray?

-Improves MP mode stability
-Adds user skins of aircrafts

What a fucking joke

Edit: Also this part...

! If you have a problem on AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core, please download a patch.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Normally I don't care about autopatching but a 5 gig update for Wings of pray?

-Improves MP mode stability
-Adds user skins of aircrafts

What a fucking joke

Yeah they trolled me up to about 1 gb before I looked at what was downloading and when I found out what it was for, I just deleted it. I mean fuck that.

Petrie

Banned
Anyone interested in a Borderlands GOTY 4 pack? I need to copies for myself and the g/f, so I'm looking for 2 others. I can host if need be, doesn't matter.

moojito

I've looked back a bit, but any impressions on borderlands? Worth a go at 5 quid? I'm trying to remember what the gaf consensus was of it at the time, but draw a blank.

I've looked back a bit, but any impressions on borderlands? Worth a go at 5 quid? I'm trying to remember what the gaf consensus was of it at the time, but draw a blank.

Great game. Played dozens of hours (100's?) on the 360 and Pc when I got that version.

You really need to fix the FOV and it's annoying how it reverts when you get into vehicles, but you can set it to a button so it's very easy to fix.

moojito

Alrighty then, cheers for the heads up! It's only 7gb as well, and I have 8gb spare. It's a sign. Going to install it now before it gets thrown into the dark cupboard of my steam backlog.

edit: gah, 12gb with the dlc. Onto the pile with you!

I will always associate Kanye with Saints Row: The Third now because of the Penthouse mission near the beginning of the game.

Alrighty then, cheers for the heads up! It's only 7gb as well, and I have 8gb spare. It's a sign. Going to install it now before it gets thrown into the dark cupboard of my steam backlog.

edit: gah, 12gb with the dlc. Onto the pile with you!

You just dodged a bullet. Not a little one, one of those huge ones from the Mario games which takes up like half the vertical space of your screen.

Goddamn, traveling in Morrowind is terrible. My character is so sluggish and it takes forever to reach other places. It kinds of make me want to cheat and put a torpedo on my character's ass.

The combat is also so-so. But I haven't fought a lot so I will leave my thoughts for later, but it seems so wrong when my arrows go through people.

However, I'm loving the world and the beginners guide in the Elder Scrolls wiki helped me in what could have been a terrible intro with no gold whatsoever. :p

I will always associate Kanye with Saints Row: The Third now because of the Penthouse mission near the beginning of the game.

You just dodged a bullet. Not a little one, one of those huge ones from the Mario games which takes up like half the vertical space of your screen.

what is so bad about Borderlands?

Fox318

Goddamn, traveling in Morrowind is terrible. My character is so sluggish and it takes forever to reach other places. It kinds of make me want to cheat and put a torpedo on my character's ass.

The combat is also so-so. But I haven't fought a lot so I will leave my thoughts for later, but it seems so wrong when my arrows go through people.

However, I'm loving the world and the beginners guide in the Elder Scrolls wiki helped me in what could have been a terrible intro with no gold whatsoever. :p

Have you tried http://morroblivion.com/ ?

moojito

I fear it's one of those games that I have great memories of, but if I went back to it I'd dislike it due to the lack of quality of life stuff that skyrim is full of.

Damn, that looks awesome. Bookmarked for later!

what is so bad about Borderlands?

It's a mediocre loot game because it focuses on having thousands of variations of the same weapons, all of which feel equally awful to shoot because it's a mediocre shooting game too. The environments are bland and repetitive, the enemies are bland and repetitive, the skill-trees are all but worthless and the same goes for the classes. There is no story whatsoever, the little robot makes me want to punch babies, the UI on PC is horrible.

If co-op weren't broken at launch I might not hate it so much, but after 8 hours of the singleplayer game I wanted to find Randy Pitchford and spank him with wet lettuce.

Rufus

Use silt striders and ships whenever possible. There are gondolas that take you to different cantons of Vivec as well, so look our for those once you're there. Most importantly though: Mark and Recall. If you can get your hands on amulets or rings with either enchantment, you're pretty much set. You will still have to walk/run a bunch, but at least you won't have to run back, too.

derFeef

It's a mediocre loot game because it focuses on having thousands of variations of the same weapons, all of which feel equally awful to shoot because it's a mediocre shooting game too. The environments are bland and repetitive, the enemies are bland and repetitive, the skill-trees are all but worthless and the same goes for the classes. There is no story whatsoever, the little robot makes me want to punch babies, the UI on PC is horrible.

If co-op weren't broken at launch I might not hate it so much, but after 8 hours of the singleplayer game I wanted to find Randy Pitchford and spank him with wet lettuce.

Man, 115 hours wasted it seems....

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Fuckin BOREDOMLANDS!

Rufus

Ah, Borderlands. Outside of some neat lines from Scooter and other characters, there's little to redeem the game, honestly. It's that boring. The only reason I got through it were the podcasts I listened to on the side.

Look at me! I'm dancin'!

punch-babies.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom