• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

everyone should buy this game.

Hell yeah. I've got 60 hours logged so far and still hadn't beaten most of the challenges yet. It's a lovechild of Diablo loot and Sanctum 1st person shooting tower defense. At 2.81 per in a 4 pack it would be ridiculous to pass on this. I'm glad I held out on the new DLC until now though.

Javaman

I heard that singleplayer sucks and I don't care about co-op so... no!

Your loss. Single player doesn't suck, it just takes some time until you can beat the higher levels yourself. Each of the 4 characters max out at level 70. Loot and items are shared between your characters so it's much easier to level the others ones you make. Once you build defenses with one high level character you can switch to another weaker one and scoop up the experience like crazy. Be sure to create your characters on Ranked since you can't play online at all with Open class characters. You can play single player just fine in ranked games by yourself if you wish.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Darksiders 2 and Postal III both have a Steam page, now.

Darksiders 2 says Summer 2012, and Postal III says December 2011.

KarmaCow

I was about to buy Dungeon Defenders before I realised I have Orcs Must Die. Is Dungeon Defenders worth it if I only plan to play with random people or alone? It's $4-6 but I really need to stop adding to the backlog...

MRORANGE

I was about to buy Dungeon Defenders before I realised I have Orcs Must Die. Is Dungeon Defenders worth it if I only plan to play with random people or alone? It's $4-6 but I really need to stop adding to the backlog...

you will get more playtiime out of Dungeon Defenders due to loot and the leveling system, playing with random is no problem in fact it's more helpful to play with randoms then by youself, more info on the game here

It's a fantastic co-op game in which you don't have to be a expert in tower defence :)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I thought DD was pretty boring. It has a lot to it, but most of it isn't very fun.

Orcs Must Die on the other hand only has Single player, but the gameplay felt so much more refined. In DD, its falls down to more blockade and spam. Orcs must die let me create more unique layouts and in general, customize the character with a lot more enjoyable gameplay elements.

Javaman

I own both and only have 2 hours in Orcs must die. I prefer the single player in DD.

Sober

Speaking of 4-packs, I bought a 4-pack of Renegade Ops during the Autumn sale (because they decided to make the 4pack cost only twice a single copy, har har, got my money there). I gave one away to a friend soooooo

I have two copies to give away. Mini wishlist giveaway!

Link me your wishlist with Renegade Ops in it and I'll send you a copy!

I don't have an interesting banner, so sue me

TheBez

I would also like to get in a DD 4pack but I probably won't be able to PayPal until much later tonight as I have work. I have good feedback in the b/s/t thread so you know I'm good for it :)

mannerbot

Speaking of 4-packs, I bought a 4-pack of Renegade Ops during the Autumn sale (because they decided to make the 4pack cost only twice a single copy, har har, got my money there). I gave one away to a friend soooooo

I'd like one. :)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Eyedrinker/wishlist

TheBez

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995779955/wishlist

Added oct 12th so I didn't just add it to win :)

Javaman

I'm also wondering which DLC is worth it, but for $2.50... I'll probably buy them all if I enjoy the game enough.

The Halloween and Thanksgiving ones were free when they came out (Thanksgiving one is still free and can be activated ingame) and I passed on the new hero and warping core packs until now. The latter is a bit of a rip off at full price since it's just a different game mode for 4 maps. (one that already exists for a different map). The hero packs are slightly different abilities apart from the new reskins. Their traps and towers are exactly the same.

Too late :)

4.8 million concurrent users online. Next week will be 4.9 I bet and 5 million at the start of the Holday sale. Valve will most likely release a press release soon about total active account, revenue increases, and the high point in concurrent users.

Sober

4.8 million concurrent users online. Next week will be 4.9 I bet and 5 million at the start of the Holday sale. Valve will most likely release a press release soon about total active account, revenue increases, and the high point in concurrent users.
Also, "we don't ban you from your games if you are being a total asshat on our forums"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom