• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diebuster

Arc
Has logged 1077.4 hours of playtime — that's 44 days, 21 hours, and 23 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Left 4 Dead 2, which accounts for 41.0% of their playtime

I regret nothing!

Almost 75% of my playtime across only four games really puts my backlog into perspective though. :(

snack

Japanator

Has logged 2153.6 hours of playtime — that's 89 days, 17 hours, and 36 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Team Fortress 2, which accounts for 83.0% of their playtime.

Shit, all that idling really added up.

Chinner

Banned
Has logged 1627.2 hours of playtime — that's 67 days, 19 hours, and 11 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Team Fortress 2, which accounts for 50.0% of their playtime

Has played 62 games out of 162. You can also view unplayed and played games

noooooooooooooooooooo

This is essentially this year:
Has logged 424.4 hours of playtime — that's 17 days, 16 hours, and 24 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, which accounts for 11.0% of their playtime

Has played 145 games out of 421. Jesus.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
lol @ all my <1hr games... and I played champions online (free) the most by almost double the #2 terraria (mega cheap) and I played TDU2 a ton... and decided it's shit.

gaming is so weird.

TGMIII

Obviously nothing to go on but on the Winter objectives wika page someone commented with:

Grand Prize 1 winner Every single game on Steam

First Prize 50 winners Top 10 items on wishlist

Second Prize 100 winners Top 5 items on wishlist

Third Prize 1,000 winners Valve Complete Pack

Also do we know if unlocking the christmas achievements early will cause any issues with the winter hunt once it starts?

just a bump, if anyone missed it:

list of people up for gifting during the Steam Holiday:

this is a list of people who are willing to help out with cross-region gifting for bigger savings.
If you want to help out, just send me a pm or post here with the region that you are in:

Region: North America

Xeno_Flux2113
graywolf323
wilflare (except EA games.)
Cloudius12

Region: Europe

confused
Gav47
UnluckyKate

In the rare, rare case that us Australians get a cheaper price (HA!) I'm more than willing to help out.

Only things we will get cheaper are:

Saints Saint 2 for $3.75
Dead Space for $3.75
Titan Quest Gold for $3.75
Guess or can you see the future?

If it's the latter can you please let me know how much money I need to free up/borrow for the sales?

Thank you in advance.

jgminto

Just passed the forest section of Limbo. I guess I'm in some cave area now. Enjoying the game a lot, the art style is fantastic. It really makes for a moody experience. Definitely worth the $2.50.

Also
wow at the spider's death. That has to be one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a game. Just seeing it limping along and you just rip out it's leg. Sent chills down my spine. I actually kind of feel sorry for the spider.

SmokyDave

Blimey, that wastedonsteam site was eye opening. I've played 159 of 445 games. Dat backlog.

The thing that surprised me most is that 10% of my gaming time (720 hours) has been spent playing Saints Row 3. The game is only about 3 weeks old and I've already spent 70+ hours maiming innocent civilians!

Expect that to rise to 80 hours after I pull an all-nighter tonight.

twdnewh_k

Do all steamworks games have cloud support for save files or is it sometimes only for settings and such?

Started MW3 campaign on my pc and now I am trying to continue my progress on my laptop but there no save progress files.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Has logged 2544.6 hours of playtime — that's 106 days, 0 hours, and 35 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Mass Effect 2, which accounts for 4.0% of their playtime

Mass Effect 2? I don't even like the game... wow I am disappoint.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Has logged 2544.6 hours of playtime — that's 106 days, 0 hours, and 35 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Mass Effect 2, which accounts for 4.0% of their playtime

Mass Effect 2? I don't even like the game... wow I am disappoint.

At least yours isn't Dragon Age :|

Snk_Fanatic
Has logged 451.6 hours of playtime — that's 18 days, 19 hours, and 35 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2, which accounts for 23.0% of their playtime

Lol damn, I kind of expected CS Source to be mine

FoliorumViridum

Has logged 1004.5 hours of playtime — that's 41 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing F1 2010, which accounts for 23.0% of their playtime

That would be so much more if they tracked the YEARS I played CS 1.5 - CSS

krzy123

Has logged 1005.5 hours of playtime — that's 41 days, 21 hours, and 29 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing The Last Remnant, which accounts for 12.0% of their playtime

my TF2 counter got reset sometime last year, otherwise that would be #1.

Do all steamworks games have cloud support for save files or is it sometimes only for settings and such?

Started MW3 campaign on my pc and now I am trying to continue my progress on my laptop but there no save progress files.

Yea it seems like MW3 cloud saving is only for settings and options. I just checked my Steam client and it shows that MW3 is using up 16KB of the total 10MB allotted cloud space for the game, so it's definitely not meant to save progress files.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Has logged 1194.6 hours of playtime &#8212; that's 49 days, 18 hours, and 35 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Team Fortress 2, which accounts for 94.0% of their playtime. at least 300 hours of that is just idling in tf2.

Has played 44 games out of 92.

haha

Kerrinck

Has logged 1124.8 hours of playtime — that's 46 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Dragon Age: Origins, which accounts for 9.0% of their playtime
Has played 98 games out of 259.

Christ my backlog is depressing.

MRORANGE

I also can help out with gifting. Karma and all that. I took advantage so many times of the kindness of USA gaffers that it's time to pay back. EuroSteam here!

done!

For the Steam gifting list we got going, put me down as willing for Australia in the rare case we get a cheaper price.

done! and welcome back!

In the rare, rare case that us Australians get a cheaper price (HA!) I'm more than willing to help out.

done!

Dambrosi said:
I helped out last Xmas sale, and I'd love to help out again. Just say the word, my PayPal is ready.

Oh, I'm in the UK, if that matters.

done!

list of people up for gifting during the Steam Holiday:

this is a list of people who are willing to help out with cross-region gifting for bigger savings.
If you want to help out, just send me a pm or post here with the region that you are in:

Region: North America

Xeno_Flux2113
graywolf323
wilflare (except EA games.)
Cloudius12
HP_Wuvcraft (no more than $14)

Region: Europe / Uk

confused
Gav47
UnluckyKate
Corto
Dambrosi

Region: Australia

3chopl0x
Planet_JASE

Region: South America

Kerrinck (Rockstar games)

Mimir

Has logged 881.3 hours of playtime — that's 36 days, 17 hours, and 17 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Tomb Raider: Anniversary, which accounts for 6.0% of their playtime.

Has played 169 games out of 352.

Tomb Raider didn't close properly, so the process was running in the background for several days. Without that, Frozen Synapse would be my most played game.

Oh my

toasty toast

Has logged 1150.8 hours of playtime — that's 47 days, 22 hours, and 47 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Left 4 Dead 2, which accounts for 26.0% of their playtime

linko9

Hey, don't know where the best place to ask this is, so I guess I'll try here. I just got a new computer and am trying to get as many of my games as possible running through steam. I played through Super Meat Boy on the windows (non-steam) version, and just downloaded the game on steam on my new computer. I copied over the save file manually from my old computer, and luckily, it's recognized and works great. My question is, is there any way for me to get steam achievements for this game now without erasing the game and starting a new save? I'm guessing no, but it's worth a shot.

thefil

filkr Has logged 1274.4 hours of playtime &#8212; that's 53 days, 2 hours, and 24 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Team Fortress 2, which accounts for 33.0% of their playtime.

I wish these sites had some way of knowing what you actually paid for the games, as over half my collection is indie bundle games which cost $5-15 out of bundle.

Has played 129 games out of 222.

Has logged 261.5 hours of playtime — that's 10 days, 21 hours, and 29 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Left 4 Dead 2, which accounts for 12.0% of their playtime

:D

Owns 195 games for a total worth of $2474.93 (at the games' current prices)
Has played 70 games out of 195.

D:

1-D_FTW

Have like 74 of 144 games played.

And TF2 had 20 percent of my play time. Sad thing is, the vast majority of my TF2 time was before they even kept track of hours played.

Has logged 2140.9 hours of playtime — that's 89 days, 4 hours, and 53 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Left 4 Dead 2, which accounts for 33.0% of their playtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom