• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmax3901

Perfect 1-1 with a controller. I haven't been able to do it because the game doesn't recognize my Logitech controller.

Make achievement that requires controller, make one of the lead 3rd party controller companies noncompatible. GG Gaijin.

Mines a shitty powerwave gamepad, doesn't get recognised either. Pretty annoying.

chixdiggit

Fucking finally.

o9TjA.png

Yea after playing that for over 2 hours today I finally get 3 kings only to have a pair of twos with it making it a full house. Didn't count.... Rage

Christmas Achievements Done so far:

Universe sandbox
TF2
Super Meat Boy (1/2)
Sequence
Spiral Knights
The Polynomial
L4D2
Killing Floor
Jamestown
Frozen Synapse

Still have to do

Binding of Isaac
Bit.Trip Beat and Runner
Poker Night
SpaceChem
Beat Hazard
Audiosurf

I hope they give us good prizes.

Chrysalis

I can't leave this thread for 10 seconds without losing track of what's going on. So steam released the ticket-for-winning-something achievements before the sale has even started? Why didn't they list this on the main page? And holy crap...there's a million of them!

ArjanN

I can't leave this thread for 10 seconds without losing track of what's going on. So steam released the ticket-for-winning-something achievements before the sale has even started? Why didn't they list this on the main page? And holy crap...there's a million of them!

A lot of the games that are going to be in the xmas event have been updating since about a week or so. It's mentioned in the various change log news updates. The actual contest/sale starts tomorrow probably.

I played a lot of beat on the wii so I had a pretty good idea of the block placement.

Got it first try as well, not very hard if you've played the game a bunch before already, even with the bad joypad controls.

KarmaCow

I thought about doing the SMB Golden Gift achievement but I haven't play SMB in so long that I'm not used to the controls again. Oh well, hopefully the achievement stuff works like the Summer sale.

Vamphuntr

I downloaded that Rise of Immortals game (F2P). Anyone know what is an assist and how to get the achievement quickly so I can uninstall it.

EDIT : Jesus the 2 other christmas achievements for this game are awful you need to refer 10 and 20 friends and they must create an account and play the game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Karma for Feep. Hell yeah! Congrats man. What little I played of Sequence to get the Christmas achievement were amazing by the way, can't wait to play more. Thanks again for the code.

I think I've done Christmas achievements for ~20 different games so far. Not sure I'll do more 'til I find out if it's worth my time. It's been really fun though.

SmithnCo

I downloaded that Rise of Immortals game (F2P). Anyone know what is an assist and how to get the achievement quickly so I can uninstall it.

EDIT : Jesus the 2 other christmas achievements for this game are awful you need to refer 10 and 20 friends and they must create an account and play the game.

Fuck.... That sounds awful. Valve should disallow crappy referral achievements for events like this.

Derrick01

Banned
Universe Sandbox has the most fun achievements

I think in the summer sale you had to fling the Earth into the sun to get the achievement. Now it's freeze it lol

An assist means you help someone else kill a guy. If it's like every other Dota game I've played, it's going to be pretty damn hard unless everyone agrees to farm it.

Rise of Immortals looks and supposedly actually is awful. I advise you to not even bother.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
An assist means you help someone else kill a guy. If it's like every other Dota game I've played, it's going to be pretty damn hard unless everyone agrees to farm it.

Rise of Immortals looks and supposedly actually is awful. I advise you to not even bother.
I got 30 in my first game no problem.

You can do PvE for it... lol I know.... PvE.

SmithnCo

Theoretically we could probably farm the referral achievements but it would almost definitely be more trouble than it's worth, when there are other fun ones to do.

Better to wait to see what these will be used for I guess.

Vamphuntr

Yeah the wiki is still missing a lot of achievements. Hopefully it will get filled quickly when the contest starts tomorrow and people try to find them.

Hooray, I got the Poker Night achievement. I had pocket kings and the third king showed up on the flop, so I went all in and the heavy folded. Achievement unlocked.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Rise of the Immortals is one game as long as you know what to do. AI isn't tough, and they are stupid. But its about a half hour to forty minute title. Add another if you fuck up.

If its tickets again then i'll only need six or so to get the tf2 item and then the free game :p

Then there will be nothing worth getting...

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Vamphuntr

Yup, I was not looking forward to trying them but after seeing the referral ones I'm debating whether to do them at all. Depends how the achievements are used at this point.

At least it's less awful than I had read on their message board. Guy said 20 but it's 2 and 10 friends to refer. Still god awful and hopefully they don't count in the contest.

mgWZN.png

Yup. Hurts doesn't it? My gaming computer died back in August and I haven't had the time/money to fix it.

Unless you're posting on your phone, join me in GOG paradise! I only have an old laptop right now and it's giving me the perfect excuse to play and replay the greatest games of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At least it's less awful than I had read on their message board. Guy said 20 but it's 2 and 10 friends to refer. Still god awful and hopefully they don't count in the contest.

mgWZN.png

I have 10 Alts from TF2, I'll think about it.

*Continues hating Poker Night*

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yo.

What are you trying to do to me here, bro. Steam just can't track all my time played on Blood. Yeah.

Yo.

What are you trying to do to me here, bro. Steam just can't track all my time played on Blood. Yeah.

It's funny, I was just going through my recommended list and I saw that so it seemed appropriate. I always get a laugh out of one person pushing a game into the most played list, Spiral Knights was another one which always ended up there off the back of one guy :lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's funny, I was just going through my recommended list and I saw that so it seemed appropriate. I always get a laugh out of one person pushing a game into the most played list, Spiral Knights was another one which always ended up there off the back of one guy :lol

You think that is pushing? One dude alone owns number 3 and 5 for life time totals on my list. He is only a few hours from beating our my Friend's list total Killing Floor time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom