• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having trouble with the Left 4 Dead 2 holiday achievement? I've played versus for an hour and a half and I've seen no presents drop.

SmithnCo

Anyone else having trouble with the Left 4 Dead 2 holiday achievement? I've played versus for an hour and a half and I've seen no presents drop.

Pretty sure you have to play on the first map of a given scenario to get frequent drops. For example the first map of No Mercy, which is what I did it on.

svegis

Yeah don't think that is active yet. Global completion shows that 0% have it yet.

That reminds me, the achievements are still messed up on OS X so anyone on Mac won't be able to unlock it. Kind of messed up that it's not a requirement from Valve that everyone should be able to unlock all of these. Meh.

Nabs

If you're trying to get Skyrim, it's probably best to pick it up retail or on another site. I know it was 50% off in the UK a few weeks ago. It'll probably hit 45 on Steam.

VALIS

I know there's a 0.1% chance of this happening, but I wish they'd just discount everything the max it will ever be discounted on day 1 and just leave it like that until the end of the sale. I was not able to make purchases the last day of the Thanksgiving sale because I already had four pending Steam charges hanging on my credit card from different daily sales Wed. night, Thanksgiving, Fri. and Sat (3 of 4 days that banks weren't open), and my CC quite reasonably stopped letting more Steam charges through at that point.

Highlight a dozen new games every day, that's cool, but I think the way they space out the max sale prices is shit. Particularly since this often happens on days when banks aren't open.

I know there's a 0.1% chance of this happening, but I wish they'd just discount everything the max it will ever be discounted on day 1 and just leave it like that until the end of the sale. I was not able to make purchases the last day of the Thanksgiving sale because I already had four pending Steam charges hanging on my credit card from different daily sales Wed. night, Thanksgiving, Fri. and Sat (3 of 4 days that banks weren't open), and my CC quite reasonably stopped letting more Steam charges through at that point.

Highlight a dozen new games every day, that's cool, but I think the way they space out the max sale prices is shit. Particularly since this often happens on days when banks aren't open.

Pay through Paypal. Worked for me.

So the second one was insanely hard to get.

KAeFJ.png

Vamphuntr

Got the Dungeons of Dredmor christmas achievement. It was fairly easy. Simply craft the Diggle Nog holiday brew. Pick up the reagents on the first floor and It's the last recipe on the brews/drinks tab.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Just dump 50 into your Steam account. The means are there

chixdiggit

The Bit Trip achievement where you have to use a controller is killing me. Wasn't this game on Xbox? Who would want to play it without a mouse?

Symphonic

There's an achievement that needs a controller? The fuck?

Perfect 1-1 with a controller. I haven't been able to do it because the game doesn't recognize my Logitech controller.

Make achievement that requires controller, make one of the lead 3rd party controller companies noncompatible. GG Gaijin.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Perfect 1-1 with a controller. I haven't been able to do it because the game doesn't recognize my Logitech controller.

Make achievement that requires controller, make one of the lead 3rd party controller companies noncompatible. GG Gaijin.

Wait, are we talking Beat or Runner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom