• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
It's funny, I was just going through my recommended list and I saw that so it seemed appropriate. I always get a laugh out of one person pushing a game into the most played list, Spiral Knights was another one which always ended up there off the back of one guy :lol

Haha, yeah. A dozen plus people combined into Skyrim, and I alone have almost half that in New Vegas, which is, uh, yeah.

But, hey, someone's gotta hold it down for the greatest RPG ever made, babe.

You think that is pushing? One dude alone owns number 3 and 5 for life time totals on my list. He is only a few hours from beating our my Friend's list total Killing Floor time.

Okay that's pretty insane. One day I should reactivate my WoW account just to check my /played total on my characters and add it up, that would be either depressing or life-affirming depending on whether I decided to keep playing afterwards.

Haha, yeah. A dozen plus people combined into Skyrim, and I alone have almost half that in New Vegas, which is, uh, yeah.

But, hey, someone's gotta hold it down for the greatest RPG ever made, babe.

Truth. I have to play it again as soon as I have a real PC to play with. I started my all DLC and the main game run a while back but then had some stuff which pulled me away from games a bit, so it's high time I return to it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Okay that's pretty insane. One day I should reactivate my WoW account just to check my /played total on my characters and add it up, that would be either depressing or life-affirming depending on whether I decided to keep playing afterwards.
I've already done that and slowly transferring my playtime manually over on Raptr.

Its not pretty and only makes me want to kill myself.

Playing Left 4 Dead 2 with randoms reminds me why I installed the game when all my friends lost interest in it. Out of all of the online multiplayer games (TF2, DoDS, CSS) Left 4 Dead's been the most painful to play through. I actually had fun in CSS and DoDS, which I hadn't played in ages.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I received an American Express prepaid gift card for Christmas. Anyone know if these work on Steam?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Unless you're posting on your phone, join me in GOG paradise! I only have an old laptop right now and it's giving me the perfect excuse to play and replay the greatest games of all time. OF ALL TIME.

I'm posting on my laptop but because of my extreme lack of self control I only have Steam installed to buy games (as I'd rather do that than log into steampowered). Sadly GoG would be just as bad. I'll be getting my gaming fix from my DS until I get back home.

Of course it doesn't help that I keep checking this thread for any news regarding sales.

Symphonic

I give up on Poker Night, jesus. I got pocket kings twice and still nothing. No amount of hilarious Heavy and Strongbad banter can heal that. :(

Prophane33

Sengoku is 66% off for the next 7 days on Gamers Gate. It better be a daily deal on Steam this week! Already got burned from GG by buying Hearts of Iron 3 Collection for 8.99 last night, only to have Heart of Iron complete collection go on sale today for 9.19. Yeah, I know I can live without HoI 1 and 2, but it's the fact that I could have got two more games for 20 cents if I waited, hell I bet Steam may undercut them on the HoI3 collection. Oh well, I'm new to this whole DD based PC gaming world, learned my lesson. On a lighter note, my first Steam Winter Sale starts tomorrow, my body and wallet are ready.

Mr_Zombie

I've played few Versus matches in L4D2 yesterday and only saw a single present; and I was infected at the time so couldn't pick it up :(

Anyway, Beat Hazard achievements are really painful. Playing through awful random pop-music Christmas songs for several minutes, damn. The worst thing is when I already got my Survive Christmas 15 achievement I thought I'm done with achievements for the game and died. Only then I noticed that there's also Survive Christmas 20 achievement. :|

I've played few Versus matches in L4D2 yesterday and only saw a single present; and I was infected at the time so couldn't pick it up :(

Anyway, Beat Hazard achievements are really painful. Playing through awful random pop-music Christmas songs for several minutes, damn. The worst thing is when I already got my Survive Christmas 15 achievement I thought I'm done with achievements for the game and died. Only then I noticed that there's also Survive Christmas 20 achievement. :|

From the steam treasure hunt wiki:

After starting the survival, disconnect all connections made by Beat Hazard (eg. with TCPView) kill yourself, you shouldn't be spawned again, then just wait 20min ;)

It works...

cicero

Yeah, the Poker Night one is neither fun nor interesting to do. Terrible.

I found it to be fairly easy. I was really aggressive without being stupid and I whittled them down until I had 50-70% of the cash and then was heads up with the final opponent. After that I just sat back and only played until I saw the flop, unless I had two Kings show up, I folded.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm not really excited for the holiday sale. I blew my load with a lot of new games this holiday season and I have enough backlog to last me awhile. I hope to see Rage and Sonic Generations at a good price, but outside of those games I don't want much.

dLMN8R

Are you kidding me Steam? Why the hell is it that years later, my categories are still randomly wiped out for completely incomprehensible reasons? I set them up months ago, they got wiped after doing god knows what, so I recreated them, and now 2 days later they're wiped again.

Is there some known cause for this happening? Loading up my account on multiple computer or something? This is incredibly annoying.

Chesskid1

Banned
1_358_666666.png

so excited.

i just really want all the top tier games cheap just to pad my collection.

dragon age/guild wars/darksiders, and if any leftover witcher2/deus ex. i still think it's insane getting fallout3/borderlands/dragon age etc for like $10 with all the DLC. just so much value and those are the games you will come back to years later. plus it's always fun to go back to the DLC, never played DA DLC.

Eusis

I'm not really excited for the holiday sale. I blew my load with a lot of new games this holiday season and I have enough backlog to last me awhile. I hope to see Rage and Sonic Generations at a good price, but outside of those games I don't want much.
I'm in a similar position. Unless those and a few others go for good deals I'll probably only skim a few titles that I've developed an interest in recently, like Dark Messiah.

So the going rumor is that each Winter acheev gives you a Lump of Coal, which acts just like the tickets for the Summer Sale.

So that means there must be a buttload of prizes.

(I'm assuming that Gifted Games net you more Coal)

So the going rumor is that each Winter acheev gives you a Lump of Coal, which acts just like the tickets for the Summer Sale.

So that means there must be a buttload of prizes.

(I'm assuming that Gifted Games net you more Coal)
Huh? You mean you get one Lump of Coal for gifting a game to someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom