• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I have no idea, that's just the going rumor. Wouldn't surprise me, actually.

Tickets with a Christmas twist.
Probably some have presents and some have lumps of coal or something. I don't know. For some reason there are naughty and nice drops in TF2, right?

Kammie

My first Christmas sale. I can't go to sleep. This is like when I was a kid and still believed in Santa. Except instead of sneaking out to see him, I keep refreshing that damn page.

Danj

1_358_666666.png

so excited.

Oh so it is at 6pm tonight then, was just going to ask about that.

Got six of the sale achievements so far...

Counter-Strike Source
Day of Defeat Source
Team Fortress 2
Jamestown
Greed Corp
Orcs Must Die

I'm surprised at how much I still enjoyed DoDS and CSS, L4D2 not so much. Going to try that Mutation mod I guess before I simply uninstall the game again.

I'm not really excited for the holiday sale. I blew my load with a lot of new games this holiday season and I have enough backlog to last me awhile. I hope to see Rage and Sonic Generations at a good price, but outside of those games I don't want much.

That's how I feel. I bought way too much during the Summer sale and for a few months after so I'm good for quite awhile. I might get some cheap DLC.

Nelo Ice

Banned
That's how I feel. I bought way too much during the Summer sale and for a few months after so I'm good for quite awhile. I might get some cheap DLC.

U kno I should do this but I kno I'm gonna cave on something lol. I really do not need to get anything this holiday sale and I shouldn't but I will =(.

goober

My first Christmas sale. I can't go to sleep. This is like when I was a kid and still believed in Santa. Except instead of sneaking out to see him, I keep refreshing that damn page.
Mine too! I think I accidentally stumbled upon it last year, but didn't purchase anything.

Want L4D2 achievement in 5-10 min?

1. Get this mod: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1529433

2. Start Left 4 Dead 2, Select "All Mutations" then "Versus Mutations" after that select "Versus Co-op".

3.-Select Versus Co-Op Custom Match Settings and create a lobby.

4. Pick a human character

5.- Play and after 5-10 min and you get the achievement :)

THANK YOU, this worked like a charm, the mod was SUPER EASY to install, got the achievement in like ten minutes and best of all I didn't have to deal with any of the toxic community. Cheers!

Popstar

Alright working my way through. Kinda wish I had grabbed the Indie Royale bundles just for a couple games that have achievements. Oh well. So far:

Hoard
Audiosurf
Bastion
Jamestown
Bit.Trip.Beat
Counter-Strike:Source
Defense Grid
Bit.Trip.Runner (1/2)
Magicka
Orcs Must Die!
Left 4 Dead 2
Team Fortress 2

upandaway

Google doesn't seem to help me, does anyone know if I can disable the achievements? I don't mind if they're still there in the background (though I'd rather they weren't), but I don't wanna see them anywhere, even on the game page/in the library, or the popups. (in general, not just the new Christmas ones)

Zzoram

Google doesn't seem to help me, does anyone know if I can disable the achievements? I don't mind if they're still there in the background (though I'd rather they weren't), but I don't wanna see them anywhere, even on the game page/in the library, or the popups. (in general, not just the new Christmas ones)

I think you can disable the in-game achievement notification and choose not to list achievements on your community wall but that's as far as you can go.

I literally have every game I want on steam except the CS:GO beta and some random expensive stuff on my wishlist :|

Feel the same. Maybe I want Defence Grid and the DLC for that, and some DLC for Shogun 2, but other than that, I can barely find enough games for my wishlist for the daily giveaway contest. Maybe Red Orchestra 2 if it´s really cheap. I have no urge to fill up my Steam account with loads of games I don´t have time for.

MRORANGE

It had to happen now. My HDD burned out.
:(
Yup. Hurts doesn't it? My gaming computer died back in August and I haven't had the time/money to fix it.
Same problem, my main HDD was on it so legs's last lets and died back in November, been using a 40gb IDE hard drive ever since ;-; so slooooooooooooooooooooow, just wating for hard drive prices to recover from the flooding :( I might as well go down the SSD route this time.

benjipwns

Banned
After what happened last year, I just added "£50 worth of Steam Sale stuff" to my Christmas list, so my parents will be making all my sale purchases for me :)
haha, I basically did this last year. My dad was like "are there any games or something you might like?" And I said "well, there's this Gabe fellow who has this thing called Steam that has these sales..."

I of course still spent over the amount of the check. It was a Steam Sale after all.

Just went through my steam christmas sales purchases for the past two years.

24 games. I have them all downloaded and installed. To date I have played none of them.

I think I am doing this right.

I'm posting on my laptop but because of my extreme lack of self control I only have Steam installed to buy games (as I'd rather do that than log into steampowered). Sadly GoG would be just as bad. I'll be getting my gaming fix from my DS until I get back home.

Of course it doesn't help that I keep checking this thread for any news regarding sales.

GOG can be intense, especially right now. Someone posted a link to a Descent engine conversion which I decided I had to play, so I went to grab Descent and ended up buying 20 games :lol

Steam plus GOG is pretty much PC gaming nirvana in my book, but yeah... not good for the bank balance. I'm checking in here all the time and buying games I can't play until later too, it's like some kind of sickness.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Man, these Gundemonium Collection games are so d-tier. I got two of the three Winter Sale achievements, which is good enough for me.

Why can't Cave put their stuff on Steam instead.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Created my Steam Account in 2008.

I have now 80 games. (Most of Valve's games I got for free thanks to the Portal 2 ARG :3)

Just below 1/4 of those I haven't touched yet.

:)

Zzoram

I have tons of games from before Steam even started tracking play time. That bothers me because it says I haven't played a bunch of my games when I did. Part of me is tempted to reinstall and fire up those games to put some time on record. Only bandwidth caps prevent me from doing that.

Bliddo

Created my Steam Account in 2008.

I have now 80 games. (Most of Valve's games I got for free thanks to the Portal 2 ARG :3)

Just below 1/4 of those I haven't touched yet.

:)

Member since february 2004.
310 games, I need help.

35 games from the Holiday achievements, 15 achievements down.

Thoraxes

So, tomorrow is the day, huh?

Time to gently put my wallet to bed tonight and get the last sleep I can before it keeps me up all night crying for all the hurt i'm about to give it in the next two weeks.

56 games

Yeah, most of them are from Valve's collections. I picked up cheap copies of HL2 Holiday 2006 and the GoldSource anthologies back in 2007 so I saved a large amount of money. I also bought a lot of stuff on sale for incredibly cheap, I don't exactly spend too much money in sales. :p

Man, these Gundemonium Collection games are so d-tier. I got two of the three Winter Sale achievements, which is good enough for me.

Why can't Cave put their stuff on Steam instead.
Same here.

I still don't understand how Hitogata Happa works, I can't change my character while it seems I should.
Also, the game won't fill my monitor when it's rotated. Which has probably something to do with the game's shit resolution.

edit:

TGMIII

Joined in 2004 have about 120 games now.

I'm hoping to see discounts for:

The Witcher 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Batman: Arkham City
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Sonic Generations
Sword of the Stars II
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity
SkyDrift

Apart from those I'll just generally be looking around steam to see what's a good offer, at this stage I have mostly everything I want from steam. I guess the Assassins creed games would be good too if they're all packaged together for a decent price.

vall03

created my account back in 2008 but had no idea what the hell Im supposed to do with it. Only started to use it back in July and now I have 64 games... damn you Steam sales!

MNC

Sins of the Solar Empire would be a nice daily pickup. Had some good times with that game. Still looking to get Witcher 2 as always JUST for benchmark purposes, almost. Plus those kind of RPGs always fascinate me.

It'd be nice to get Skyrim too, but I don't count on it + all the other games need playing and if I'd get skyrim, I wouldn't even start playing it just because I haven't finished the rest of the games :/

Then there's the standard Dead Rising 2/Lost Planet 2 co-op games I'd like for dirt cheap since they could very well be 60-75% off if Capcom actually put effort into it. Also, Alice: Madness Returns would be a nice pickup.

Maybe some other indie games like Bastion et al. and I'm done!

I am gonna impulse buy like fuck and my wallet shan't weep.

Big-E

Will be buying Skyrim for sure. Want to pick up Mass Effect 2 also. Should have grabbed that during Thanksgiving but got gun shy. Then I will be picking up every random game I don't really want but the price says that I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom