• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SalsaShark said:
damn! oh well, we'll probably get an Inspector profile later on i guess. Aliasing could be worse on my side cause of the low resolution.
Doubtful, low level releases won't usually get AA comps.

Gvaz

Banned
Stallion Free said:
7 zip wishes it was as good as winrar.
7zip is so much better than winrar it's absurd. It's faster, it works faster and utilizes multicore better, and it's free.

Plus it even does .rar files! 7zip does everything, and better than the alternatives.

Mairu

Gvaz said:
7zip is so much better than winrar it's absurd. It's faster, it works faster and utilizes multicore better, and it's free.
Kind of bizarre that this debate is going on in this thread but this is the correct statement. I have no idea why anyone would prefer winrar over 7zip unless they paid for it years ago and just have to justify paying for extraction software console-war style :p

Oh man. Hope Costume Quest goes on sale for Halloween. It's almost time to play it again and if it goes under $10 I'll double dip for the superior race. If not, it's time to play a console for the first time in a good while.

Mairu said:
Kind of bizarre that this debate is going on in this thread but this is the correct statement. I have no idea why anyone would prefer winrar over 7zip unless they paid for it years ago and just have to justify paying for extraction software console-war style :p

I use Winrar just because I'm used to it and it does what I need it to do. 7zip may be better but that would require me looking it up, installing, uninstalling Winrar and while it doesn't seem like much, it's more than staying content. :p

Blizzard

Banned
Mairu said:
Plus it's free, open source, you presumably know it doesn't contain viruses, and you can make it better yourself if you want!

On-topic, I think I already own all the Tomb Raider games AND the Max Payne games! Steam sales, you need to personalize yourself to me better!

LiquidMetal14 said:
Damn I had to look up that Max Payne sound error on Vista/7.

FIX HERE for those who just bought it on sale.
Just used it, works like a charm. Unfortunately, i'm having these weird issues when shooting in bullet time. Frames per second going down to zero as I shoot. Like small hiccups.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SteelAttack said:
Just used it, works like a charm. Unfortunately, i'm having these weird issues when shooting in bullet time. Frames per second going down to zero as I shoot. Like small hiccups.
I just patched mine so I will have to retry it and see if I get that glitch.

EDIT - Tried it now and it felt normal. At you launching it from the .bat file?

Ceebs

speculawyer said:
I must say . . . if you don't have any of those Tomb Raider games, but them. Buy them all. they are great.
I kinda wish there was a 3 pack to make it easier to double dip on them.

Chesskid1 said:
meh wasn't costume quest like 4 hours long and how much was it originally on the 360? idk if $15 is high.

For a year old game yeah... And after Psychonauts being avaible for Mac, I thought it would be too... I'm gonna wait.

Salsa

Boo-urns people. Everyone bitchin about DoubleFine not releasing on PC and once they test the waters you refuse to support!

IceMarker

When Civ V was last on sale, was the DLC also on sale? If so, I regret missing it, I finally booted up Civ V and now I'm getting hooked.

Chesskid1

Banned
lttp but just got the max payne bundle.

i remember max payne 2 when it first came out there was a shower scene and you could get like a brief glimpse of a nude woman (the main girl in the game) and you couldn't see much at all. the full player model is in the game and there's some mod to unlock it! it is very detailed model iirc.

i remember it had really good phyics for the time as well. time to max it out and hopefully it's as fun as i remember.

Card Boy

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Boo-urns people. Everyone bitchin about DoubleFine not releasing on PC and once they test the waters you refuse to support!
Should of being $9.99 for a 1 year late port with a discount of $8.49 for buying it in the first couple of days. I don't accept console sloppy seconds with no reward for the wait.

Salsa

Gez said:
Should of being $9.99 for a 1 year late port with a discount of $8.49 for buying it in the first couple of days. I don't accept console sloppy seconds with no reward for the wait.

reward for the wait is the DLC (wich you have to pay for in the console version) being free on PC, its a full blown second campaign.

SalsaShark said:

I bought Psychonauts on hour One and regret not a single cent or any seconds of it.

SalsaShark said:
At $10 I would've bought it with a second thought, but at $15 it's harder to justify buying it since I already bought it and the dlc day one on PSN. Everyone who hasn't played it yet has no excuse not to as it's worth every penny. I'll be sure to buy Psychonauts this weekend after I finish Persona 4 and Rage.
MrMister said:
When Civ V was last on sale, was the DLC also on sale? If so, I regret missing it, I finally booted up Civ V and now I'm getting hooked.
Nope, last sale on the DLC was during the summer sale. Though the DLC doesn't add much to the gameplay so you shouldn't feel bad about not having it.

Salsa

QuantumBro said:
At $10 I would've bought it with a second thought, but at $15 it's harder to justify buying it since I already bought it and the dlc day one on PSN. Everyone who hasn't played it yet has no excuse not to as it's worth every penny. I'll be sure to buy Psychonauts this weekend after I finish Persona 4 and Rage.

oh yeah, i was talking mostly about people who hadnt bought it yet.

confused

Banned
I'd like to thank Steam for not putting anything interesting on sale now I'm broke.

Usually when I'm broke all kinds of cool games go on sale, but not this time.

Praise the GABE.

Eusis

SalsaShark said:
reward for the wait is the DLC (wich you have to pay for in the console version) being free on PC, its a full blown second campaign.
I never DID get that DLC and never got far in the original release anyway, so that admittedly makes it tempting.

Awesome. I got FXAA working in Costume Quest with the injection mod:

001.png

confused

Banned
Just another shout-out to let you all know that the Dawn of War titles are cheaper in Europe

DoW platinum $7
DoW 2 $7
Retribution $14
Soulstorm $5

Add me on Steam as Zaangamer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
snoopeasystreet said:
Does Max Payne hold up? I loved them back in the day but I'm afraid they won't hold up and my memory of them tarnished.

I haven't replayed 1 since maybe 2004 or 2005 but I replayed 2 last summer and felt like it held up. I mean, there are sections of the game that drag (the construction site goes on forever) but that was true at the time. I found it was a little bit of an adjustment to get used to being more mobile and spamming dive rolls to stay safe versus the modern convention of hiding in cover in one place and not moving until the enemies were dead, but a welcome adjustment nevertheless :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom