• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep

Banned
Working out the final details of the Steam page for Sequence now...hopefully it'll be up by the end of the day, or tomorrow at the latest.

plc268

Blizzard said:
You're welcome to ask support yourself, and please let us know if you get any response.

From personal experience (I wrote some drivers for the wired 360 controller + chatpad and was asking something very similar), however, they will not answer your question and will merely refer you to the normal Steam webpages which tell you nothing.

I forgot all about that. You're actually the reason why I signed up for gaf in the first place. :D

I'm too lazy to search, but did anyone ever make any progress with the chatpad + wireless controller?

Blizzard

Banned
plc268 said:
I forgot all about that. You're actually the reason why I signed up for gaf in the first place. :D

I'm too lazy to search, but did anyone ever make any progress with the chatpad + wireless controller?
Not as far as I know. I -still- plan to order a wireless controller + USB thing whenever I make another Amazon order, so I have the hardware to play with, but it's been months since I've worked on it. :( I haven't given up, it's just one of a huge number of projects I have outstanding, and I haven't made an Amazon order recently.

Nabs said:
What vac-enabled game were you planning on using it with

Good question, none at this moment (for some reason I thought GoL was VAC-enabled). Anyway, at some point I might use it with some VAC game, and It's good to know the consequences of this sort of stuff.

Blizzard said:
You're welcome to ask support yourself, and please let us know if you get any response.

From personal experience (I wrote some drivers for the wired 360 controller + chatpad and was asking something very similar), however, they will not answer your question and will merely refer you to the normal Steam webpages which tell you nothing.

PRESUMABLY it's safe as long as it doesn't modify game files or DLLs or inject into DLLs, but that's one of my big gripes, you have no idea. I was concerned in my case, as with yours, because controller drivers/emulators have the potential to directly be used as cheat devices. Thus, it wouldn't be totally unreasonable for anti-cheat programs to check for that, I figured.

I'll ask support eventually (and post their answer if it's useful), but I'm not really optimistic about their answer either.

zkylon said:
It's has a huge last-gen feeling i like a lot (i.e. half the environments look recycled from FFXII).

I'm pleasantly surprised by the texture-work though, it's not The Witcher 2 but Athlum is rather attractive.

epmode

Madrugador said:
I'm going to try this 360 controller emulator (x360ce I think is called), but I have a question regarding if I can get Vac banned for using it or something.

Just checking, I don't want any surprises.
x360ce is 100% safe. It doesn't modify any files after all.

zkylon

zkylewd
jim-jam bongs said:
I'm pleasantly surprised by the texture-work though, it's not The Witcher 2 but Athlum is rather attractive.
I was telling my brother just that. It all looks flat, but detailed. The texture work itself's pretty nice, even if the normal mapping reeks of gen transition ugliness.

In the end, the animations are on the stiff side, the models look like they could use a few hundred extra polygons and the cutscenes are always a little off-tune, but i find all of that kind of charming.

zkylon said:
I was telling my brother just that. It all looks flat, but detailed. The texture work itself's pretty nice, even if the normal mapping reeks of gen transition ugliness.

In the end, the animations are on the stiff side, the models look like they could use a few hundred extra polygons and the cutscenes are always a little off-tune, but i find all of that kind of charming.
The only real problem I had with the game when I played it was the MC walk/run animations. Way to stiff.

BarrenMind said:
I know both were delayed on PC, but I'm annoyed this game's page is up and Batman's isn't.

Thanks for posting though. Preorder done.

Just buy a Batman key off Ebay. You will get it for less than on Steam anyhow and you can already register the key. Paid $25 for mine =D

plc268

Oh... Arkham City got delayed for the PC? Fuck. I had a day off tomorrow and was expecting to be able to play it.

Oh well.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
nexen said:
Renegade Ops! Wherefore art thou?

:(

What did we do to deserve this, Sega? Why do you hate our guts?

I'm betting that the current date is a lark. This game is never coming out, people, it's time to face the truth.

Wow, Dungeon Defenders ticks a lot of boxes. Steamworks, 4-player drop-in co-op which can be played with a combination of local and online people?

Madness.

markot

Banned
I get too happy seeing Indie games on steams best sellers >.<

Terraria has been in the top 20 since like launch too >.>!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm excited for Dungeon Defenders. I just wish there was a preload option because my 300 kb/s connection is going to make waiting painful when it comes out.

3chopl0x said:
I'd imagine Nvidia would be pretty pissed if Valve started revoking all their keys.
Forgot about those keys... Should have upgraded my gpu when I had the funds to do it and grabbed one of those keys.

Gvaz

Banned
3chopl0x said:
I'd imagine Nvidia would be pretty pissed if Valve started revoking all their keys.
They wont. Every time this comes up, hardly anyone gets keys taken away or in trouble for it if the keys are bad.

InertiaXr

Syphon Filter said:
Anyone added warcraft 3 as a non-steam game? Jut curious to see how it looks with icons shown.

Non-steam games never have customized icons AFAIK, it will just say 'Warcraft 3' or whatever the exe is called.

InertiaXr said:
You mean like FEAR and Crysis are in this picture?

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/cooley207/steamicons.png

Or like all the other games like the Dirts and GTAs?

I've never heard of Steam auto-detecting the exe filename and adding fullsize icons like Dirt/GTA has, unless you are only talking about Fear/Crysis style?
Yea like fear but you know when you are in list view or even detail view and then the you pick icons they appear near the game title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom