• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Inkblot said:
Hey, anyone know why there aren't any Namco games on Steam?

because.. they're a japanese company that.. doesnt really make.. PC games?

what?

edit: oh you mean publishing

well there's Puzzle Quest 2

Wallach

I worked on a couple PC games Namco-Bandai published (Warhammer games) so I know they do. Maybe they stopped? Either way Steam does not carry them.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
wutwutwut said:
Well, there's the Witcher 2...

If I remember correctly, Scamco only distributed the retail version. I wish they were more involved with the PC scene, Dark Souls and Tales of Vesperia would be welcome editions to Steam/PC gaming.

Wallach

Snuggler said:
If I remember correctly, Scamco only distributed the retail version. I wish they were more involved with the PC scene, Dark Souls and Tales of Vesperia would be welcome editions to Steam/PC gaming.

I thought Atari handled retail for TW and TW2?

Inkblot

Yeah, well, they should, the PC market's gotta be at least as big as one of the consoles?

Reason I mention it is I thought the new Ace Combat would be on PC :/

Eusis

Snuggler said:
Given what's happened with a lot of games that went up on Steam, I think Dark Souls would have to be (and SHOULD be) FromSoftware's responsibility alone. That'd be nice on PC just so Blighttown isn't guaranteed to dive into embarrassingly bad framerates.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Hmm gamersgate has the complete GTA pack for 75% off so $12.50 for every game. Kinda tempting since steam may not ever have it as cheap and apparently the ienhancer mod doesnt work on the steam version anyway.

MRORANGE

Nelo Ice said:
Hmm gamersgate has the complete GTA pack for 75% off so $12.50 for every game. Kinda tempting since steam may not ever have it as cheap and apparently the ienhancer mod doesnt work on the steam version anyway.

Steam version is 1.0.7 , for ienhancer to work you need 1.0.4 although the ienhancer team are working on it plus I think they have a few builds already.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nelo Ice said:

Go for it. That's a good deal just for the current gen GTA games, all the old ones are a bonus. They use GFWL so it's not like Steam does them any good, it's just one more layer of DRM.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Snuggler said:
Go for it. That's a good deal just for the current gen GTA games, all the old ones are a bonus. They use GFWL so it's not like Steam does them any good, it's just one more layer of DRM.

Yeah im extremely tempted, i'll take the cheaper price anytime steam or not. Plus I just launch non-steam games through steam anyway so I can use the overlay.

Also stupid PC games have ludicrously cheap prices im spending way more than I should and it doesnt help that I cant just cover it with gift cards like I usually can with console games.

Sober

MRORANGE said:
Steam version is 1.0.7 , for ienhancer to work you need 1.0.4 although the ienhancer team are working on it plus I think they have a few builds already.
From what I read you can patch 1.0.4 onto the Steam version of GTA4 as long as you stop it from updating again.

gray_fox224

Stallion Free said:
I beat the trilogy with mouse/keyboard as I bought them before I started hooking up my 360 pad to my PC. It worked surprisingly well.
So can just plug in a wired 360 controller and games with recognize it?

kafiend

gray_fox224 said:
So can just plug in a wired 360 controller and games with recognize it?

Yes. Install the driver - plug it in and go. You could also try JoyToKey to enable controller support for games that don't naturally support it.

I'm going to try this 360 controller emulator (x360ce I think is called), but I have a question regarding if I can get Vac banned for using it or something.

Just checking, I don't want any surprises.

MRORANGE

Madrugador said:
I'm going to try this 360 controller emulator (x360ce I think is called), but I have a question regarding if I can get Vac banned for using it or something.

I assume it's safe but steam support is your best bet to ask (although most likely they would not tell what gets you vac banned in the first place) as long as it does not modify the game files you should be fine in MP games.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
ArjanN said:
Inversion (published by Namco) is coming to PC. They confirmed it on their twitter.

The word "typically" modifies the sentence, changing its meaning.

I'd put a sarcastic little semicolon and a parenthesis or something to show that I'd just being playful, BUT THAT'S NOT HOW I ROLL.

MRORANGE

Cfuentes said:
Come on, sell your soul!

lW8wR.png

MRORANGE said:
I assume it's safe but steam support is your best bet to ask (although most likely they would not tell what gets you vac banned in the first place) as long as it does not modify the game files you should be fine in MP games.

Thanks, I'll ask support eventually.

For now I'll just use it for The Guardian of Light, TR: Anniversary and Batman AA.

Blizzard

Banned
Madrugador said:

You're welcome to ask support yourself, and please let us know if you get any response.

From personal experience (I wrote some drivers for the wired 360 controller + chatpad and was asking something very similar), however, they will not answer your question and will merely refer you to the normal Steam webpages which tell you nothing.

PRESUMABLY it's safe as long as it doesn't modify game files or DLLs or inject into DLLs, but that's one of my big gripes, you have no idea. I was concerned in my case, as with yours, because controller drivers/emulators have the potential to directly be used as cheat devices. Thus, it wouldn't be totally unreasonable for anti-cheat programs to check for that, I figured.

MNC

Glass Rebel said:
I somehow missed the THQ/Tomb Raider sale. It's probably better this way.
I already regret buying the Tomb Raiders. Not that they're not good; I just am too busy not playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom