• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Oh lawd, this aint lookin good

A tonne of Saints Row 3 DLC is in the registry and a 'Season Pass' entry has been put in recently

:/

On the plus side Arkham City pre-order is in, with LEGO Batman package option as well

Ceebs

jim-jam bongs said:
Wow, Dungeon Defenders ticks a lot of boxes. Steamworks, 4-player drop-in co-op which can be played with a combination of local and online people?

Madness.
Are there any 4 packs being organized? I would probably bite for 10 bucks and some change.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh shit, Revelations is up for pre-order.

Edit: And there's no Aussie Tax! Oh, Ubisoft, you occasionally magnificent buggers.

Card Boy

Banned
JaseC said:
Oh shit, Revelations is up for pre-order.

Edit: And there's no Aussie Tax! Oh, Ubisoft, you occasionally magnificent buggers.

Ubisoft are friends of Australia, they are one of the only big publishers left that have never price gouged us
yet

Blizzard

Banned
I was excited, then I remembered I probably own LEGO Batman already. I still basically don't have any interest in Arkham Asylum (tried the demo and passed up however many sales), but I'll probably get the new Batman game. Good reviews COMBINED with Catwoman! And to think I know someone who was like, they might buy DLC that would remove Catwoman from the game, if such DLC existed.

Ledsen

Blizzard said:
I was excited, then I remembered I probably own LEGO Batman already. I still basically don't have any interest in Arkham Asylum (tried the demo and passed up however many sales), but I'll probably get the new Batman game. Good reviews COMBINED with Catwoman! And to think I know someone who was like, they might buy DLC that would remove Catwoman from the game, if such DLC existed.

If you have any interest in Arkham City you should run like the wind and get Arkham Asylum, it's brilliant. It makes no sense to be interested in one but not the other seeing as they're supposed to play identically.

Salsa

played about 4 hours of Costume Quest straight, game's fantastic. Im at the last area but i still have the DLC ahead of me, so sad to see that it isnt doing any better :/ should be a top seller.

Salsa

3chopl0x said:

A tonne of Saints Row 3 DLC is in the registry and a 'Season Pass' entry has been put in recently

Jesus :/ ugh, knew this was coming but it still fuckin sucks.

Also WTF at the store page for Darksiders II being already up? game comes out like December next year.

Also as expected (with the game being GFWL) Arkham City is nowhere to be seen in my region. Glad i got an Nvidia key.

edit: oops dp

SalsaShark said:
Also WTF at the store page for Darksiders II being already up? game comes out like December next year.
What the hell? (ha)

That seems like a game that would do better if released in the summer time, IMO.

SalsaShark said:
played about 4 hours of Costume Quest straight, game's fantastic. Im at the last area but i still have the DLC ahead of me, so sad to see that it isnt doing any better :/ should be a top seller.

It really is great. One thing though, I must be slow or something because I took about 12 hours for the main game and the DLC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gez said:
Ubisoft are friends of Australia, they are one of the only big publishers left that have never price gouged us
yet

That's great. I hadn't noticed since the only (current) franchises they offer that are of interest to me are Assassin's Creed, Beyond Good & Evil (ahahaha) and Rayman. :p

Salsa

jim-jam bongs said:
It really is great. One thing though, I must be slow or something because I took about 12 hours for the main game and the DLC.

what

that's definetly weird

though i havent even scratched the DLC yet

im skipping a lot of stuff (not text) victory screen on battles, trick or treat door "cutscenes" etc. Still, 12 hours is too much wtf, and im doing all the sidequests as well.

Echoplx

SalsaShark said:
Also as expected (with the game being GFWL) Arkham City is nowhere to be seen in my region. Glad i got an Nvidia key.

It's not on the store yet, just added (or updated recently) in the registry.

Salsa

3chopl0x said:
It's not on the store yet, just added (or updated recently) in the registry.

ah, i see

i still doubt i'll see it. Arkham Asylum shows up but that took a bit (ended up playing a retail version first), every other GFWL game doesnt.

wilflare

I really wanna play some games.
but I have 5 deadlinesss. -sputters-

-just thought i'll drop by to say hello to GAF, be nice pls-

MNC

3chopl0x said:

On the plus side Arkham City pre-order is in, with LEGO Batman package option as well
I think the season pass was already discussed in another thread? THQ explained a few things about it.

Hi wilflare. Same situation here. Have about 3 coding projects that need to be done by the end of this week. Also backlog of 150+ games. I want to diminish it :(((

I did play an hour of from dust last night, feels good to actually play a single player game and finish a level or two.

I finished the main game of Costume Quest and even got all of the achievements which is a the first game I've done that with. I didn't even go out of my way to get any, they just came from what I was doing. Steam says it took 5 hours and that feels about right. I'm going to go through Grubbins On Ice tomorrow. It's a really fun and charming game. I'll probably start playing it every October now.

Sober

3chopl0x said:
Already preordered elsewhere but this is interesting. Dunno about getting it on Steam instead since it's GFWL anyway. This is seperate from the nvidia codes right?

Sigh.

I avoided buying all three Tomb Raiders, knowing how huge my backlog was. Then yesterday morning, I dropped in at a charity shop where I found Tomb Raider Underworld for 75p. "Glad I didn't buy that on Steam", I uttered smugly as I installed and booted my newly purchased game. I quickly encountered a confusing cutscene.

Then I went on Steam and bought Legend and Anniversary anyway.

STEEEEEAM

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
jim-jam bongs said:
It took me 4 hours to get all the Trophies in the PS3 version... So yeah.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I thought Dungeon Defenders came out today. Dammit. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tomodachi

Stupacabra said:
Sigh.

I avoided buying all three Tomb Raiders, knowing how huge my backlog was. Then yesterday morning, I dropped in at a charity shop where I found Tomb Raider Underworld for 75p. "Glad I didn't buy that on Steam", I uttered smugly as I installed and booted my newly purchased game. I quickly encountered a confusing cutscene.

Then I went on Steam and bought Legend and Anniversary anyway.

STEEEEEAM
There's a neat recap movie of Anniversary and Legend inside Underworld, though. It's in the extra stuff.
Anyway anniversary is a pretty good game and probably the best of the lot so no damage done :)

^ Heh, yup - I found it afterwards. Not bothered though, they all seem really good.

Anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy an Arkham City Steam key?

Derrick01

Banned
3chopl0x said:

Oooh I like this. I've never played more than the first level of that and I'm kind of addicted to those lego games. Hopefully it also goes up for $45 instead of 50. Honestly it should be 30 or 40 as an apology for treating us like shit.

Blizzard

Banned
Ledsen said:
If you have any interest in Arkham City you should run like the wind and get Arkham Asylum, it's brilliant. It makes no sense to be interested in one but not the other seeing as they're supposed to play identically.
I tried the demo and didn't like it. I don't like the graphics, don't like the character style much, hated not being able to bunny hop like a FPS or third-person shooter game. I felt like I was glued to the floor.

The difference is that Arkham City has Catwoman. Who doesn't like cats!

Anilusion

Syphon Filter said:
Anyone added warcraft 3 as a non-steam game? Jut curious to see how it looks with icons shown.
ZpO9H.jpg

Volcynika

DMPrince said:
Renegade ops coming out tomorrow? I bet it doesn't lulz. i want a refund on this gifted game if it is delayed.

If someone gifted it to you, they're going to have to give you money back, Valve won't. :p

(Gifts have to be refunded to the one who gifted it).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Blizzard said:
I tried the demo and didn't like it. I don't like the graphics, don't like the character style much, hated not being able to bunny hop like a FPS or third-person shooter game. I felt like I was glued to the floor.

The difference is that Arkham City has Catwoman. Who doesn't like cats!
You wanted to hop around in a Batman game? The goddamn Batman doesn't hop around.

Blizzard

Banned
Fuzzy said:
You wanted to hop around in a Batman game? The goddamn Batman doesn't hop around.
You insist on knowing my reasons, but I never said they were good reasons. I buy whatever games I want to for whatever reasons. 8D

drizzle

Axel Hertz
3chopl0x said:

A tonne of Saints Row 3 DLC is in the registry and a 'Season Pass' entry has been put in recently :(
Why is DLC for a game a bad thing?
Why is a way to get all that DLC that you would have bought in the first place for a discounted price a bad thing?

MNC

DLC for a game could mean they have the content ready, but think it's better for them to sell that content for extra money instead of pack it with the original game. Season pass is a stupid concept alltogether but then again so is DLC imo.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Rufus said:
Hello drizzle, where have you been these past few years?
Buying DLC for games that deserve it (Mortal Kombat stuff) and not buying DLC for games that screw you over for it (Oblivion Horse Armor)?

I really don't get the hate for DLC. It's usually trivial shit. Look at Just Cause 2: Half of it are overpowered weapons that make the game easier.

If these DLC are just that, don't bother with it until it hits a sale and costs like 98 cents a piece (like the Just Cause stuff). If you want these things, Season Pass it up and get it all for a discount (like I did with Mortal Kombat).

I really like the Season Pass thing.

Gravijah

drizzle said:
Why is DLC for a game a bad thing?
Why is a way to get all that DLC that you would have bought in the first place for a discounted price a bad thing?

because the rumored list had a ton of stuff that looked like it was basically cut from the game and sold as dlc. the rumored list also pointed towards you not being able to get every single upgrade/etc in one playthrough, though you could buy what you don't get as dlc. lol.

drizzle said:
Buying DLC for games that deserve it (Mortal Kombat stuff) and not buying DLC for games that screw you over for it (Oblivion Horse Armor)?

I really don't get the hate for DLC. It's usually trivial shit. Look at Just Cause 2: Half of it are overpowered weapons that make the game easier.

If these DLC are just that, don't bother with it until it hits a sale and costs like 98 cents a piece (like the Just Cause stuff). If you want these things, Season Pass it up and get it all for a discount (like I did with Mortal Kombat).

I really like the Season Pass thing.

i don't own any dlc this gen because it's all a ripoff.

mrgone

With all this DLC on the table doesn't that mean, at the very least, that they have a reasonable amount of confidence in the port? The way the port of Saints Row 2 was handled, I've held off even thinking about SR3 until there's first-hand experience that it's not a sloppy drive-by port (Johnny Gat does not approve of sloppy drive-bys!)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gravijah said:
because the rumored list had a ton of stuff that looked like it was basically cut from the game and sold as dlc. the rumored list also pointed towards you not being able to get every single upgrade/etc in one playthrough, though you could buy what you don't get as dlc. lol.

i don't own any dlc this gen because it's all a ripoff.

Fallout New Vegas DLC was anything but a rip-off. Buy better games, bro.

Gravijah

morningbus said:
Fallout New Vegas DLC was anything but a rip-off. Buy better games, bro.

have they been packaged together yet? i mean, i picked up new vegas for 10 bucks, so spending 10 dollars on 5 hours of dlc kind of sucks in comparison.

edit: er, talking about the ps3 version, don't mean to bring da consoles into the steam thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom