• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
mrgone said:
With all this DLC on the table, doesn't that mean, at the very least, that they have a reasonable amount of confidence in the port? The way the port of Saints Row 2 was handled, I've held off even thinking about SR3 until there's first-hand experience that it's not a sloppy drive-by port (Johnny Gat does not approve of sloppy drive-bys!)

SR3's PC port is being handled by the devs this time and they've made quality ports. SR2 was being handled by a branch of CD Projekt I believe and yeah it was awful. I know red faction guerrilla and armageddon were good PC ports.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gravijah said:
have they been packaged together yet? i mean, i picked up new vegas for 10 bucks, so spending 10 dollars on 5 hours of dlc kind of sucks in comparison.

edit: er, talking about the ps3 version, don't mean to bring da consoles into the steam thread.

The DLC is longer than 5 hours. They're well worth the asking price, even if they hadn't gone on sale a few times now, for as low as $3.00 during the summer sale (for the ones available at the time obviously).

The New Vegas DLC is everything done right. Obsidian nailed downloadable episodic expansion packs.

Edit: Oh, you bought it on PS3? Well, then I return to my original assessment: buy better games, bro.

Gravijah

morningbus said:
The DLC is longer than 5 hours. They're well worth the asking price, even if they hadn't gone on sale a few times now, for as low as $3.00 during the summer sale (for the ones available at the time obviously).

The New Vegas DLC is everything done right. Obsidian nailed downloadable episodic expansion packs.

yeah yeah i'll get 'em later, i'm a poor ol' fool and my rig can't run newer games so i don't get nice deals on dlc. ;( the gtaiv episodes, beth related dlc, rdr stuff, etc are all very good "dlc" though they're more akin to expansions and mini-expansions.

morningbus

I'm sorry if this is off topic, but he did post in here fairly frequently:

Does anyone know LocoMrPollock outside of GAF? (Like, on your Steam friend list or something?) Was his account hacked? I just saw how he got banned (probably perma'd) and it just seems kind of out of character (even if we didn't get along that often).

Edit: Nevermind. I went and did some searching and it looks like it was to intentionally get banned. It also looks like he may have tried scamming some people in the buy/sell thread by starting transactions and getting banned. If that's true then fuck that guy.

mrgone

Derrick01 said:
SR3's PC port is being handled by the devs this time and they've made quality ports. SR2 was being handled by a branch of CD Projekt I believe and yeah it was awful. I know red faction guerrilla and armageddon were good PC ports.
Awesome :) I'm sure it wasn't particularly comfortable for Volition to see their game left in that state. Best to keep that stuff in-house.

masterkajo

Me not happy about Midweek Madness Batman deal... :( Why can't I buy B:AA independtly from Lego Batman? I own both games on Xbox I wanted to replay B:AA before B:AC (on PC) so I wanted it on steam...

Anyone know if I buy the bundle can I keep only B:AA and gift Lego Batman? If so anyone interested in Lego Batman and not B:AA? (a long shot, I know)

nexen

morningbus said:
I'm sorry if this is off topic, but he did post in here fairly frequently:

Does anyone know LocoMrPollock outside of GAF? (Like, on your Steam friend list or something?) Was his account hacked? I just saw how he got banned (probably perma'd) and it just seems kind of out of character (even if we didn't get along that often).
Shit Loco got banned? I liked that guy :(

Tambini

masterkajo said:
Me not happy about Midweek Madness Batman deal... :( Why can't I buy B:AA independtly from Lego Batman? I own both games on Xbox I wanted to replay B:AA before B:AC (on PC) so I wanted it on steam...

Yeah, I wish it was just AA 50% off. Been waiting on this one too.

morningbus

nexen said:
Shit Loco got banned? I liked that guy :(
Like I said, I didn't get along with him very often, but this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31791640&postcount=62 seems completely out of character.

Edit: Nevermind. I went and did some searching and it looks like it was to intentionally get banned. It also looks like he may have tried scamming some people in the buy/sell thread by starting transactions and getting banned. If that's true then fuck that guy.

Tomodachi

masterkajo said:

Anyone know if I buy the bundle can I keep only B:AA and gift Lego Batman? If so anyone interested in Lego Batman and not B:AA? (a long shot, I know)
I'm in the opposite situation, I wanted to grab lego batman :(

Asylum has been cheaper than 10$, I suggest waiting for Christmas sale.

Gully State said:
Hasn't AA been $7.50 before anyways?
It has, in July.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Gully State said:
Hasn't AA been $7.50 before anyways?

Yep it's been $7.50 more times than I can remember. Though I just noticed msrp on steam is $20 so i'll probably double dip on the pc version when it hits $5 or lower.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Black Hawk Down is pretty tempting. I played the shit out of the demo when it first dropped and loved the full game, but never beat it. Hmmm...

I guess they put in SecuROM in place of GFWL? If this is Steamworks, I think it's the first with any outside DRM.

Blizzard said:
Why would they go Steamworks but still use SecuROM? :mad: Was AA not limited installs? Maybe it won't be an issue.

AA had limited installs and the only way to revoke (that I know of) was to make a shortcut to the exe and put /revoke at the end of it.

party-time-spiderman.gif

This is the best news that could have graced the Steam thread. The delay didn't bother me anyway, now I say delay everything!

LastWindow said:
I guess they put in SecuROM in place of GFWL? If this is Steamworks, I think it's the first with any outside DRM.

AA had limited installs and the only way to revoke (that I know of) was to make a shortcut to the exe and put /revoke at the end of it.

Not the first. IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover had TAGES.

nexen

morningbus said:
Like I said, I didn't get along with him very often, but this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31791640&postcount=62 seems completely out of character.

:eek: ... oh, wow.

So...

The delay was actually to add Steamworks?

I was only kidding about that, I didn't actually think it would ever happen.

:D :D :D

LastWindow said:
Oh, I see. Well hopefully that crap gets patched out quickly.

AA had a very inoffensive implementation of SecuROM, it still sucks, but at least it's not like you're going to play the game in 2 years and find out that you're not allowed to.

morningbus

Pre-purchase for Arkham City just went up. 20% off. $39.99. That should help bring down the inflation that took over the Nvidia Key prison economy.

Edit: Really weird. It doesn't show in my browser, but does show within the Steam Client. Weird.

MNC

Awesome. Batman just got a whole lot more awesome. Delay redeemed? Hmm. Not sure. :p

lol'd at "Pre purchase batman arkham city prepurchase"

SO META

TouchMyBox said:
AA had a very inoffensive implementation of SecuROM, it still sucks, but at least it's not like you're going to play the game in 2 years and find out that you're not allowed to.

As long as there is a way to revoke I don't care.

morningbus said:
Pre-purchase for Arkham City just went up. 20% off. $39.99. That should help bring down the inflation that took over the Nvidia Key prison economy.

Edit: Really weird. It doesn't show in my browser, but does show within the Steam Client. Weird.

I believe you have to own AA or lego batman to get the discount....FML buying AA on PS3 was such a stupid mistake..

morningbus said:

Steamworks and $39.99?

Delay forgiven.

morningbus

Zero-Crescent said:
Huh, that's interesting, when I go to the store page in the browser, where I'm logged out, the price is $49.99. When I go to the store page in the Steam Browser, where I'm logged in, it shows it as being on sale for 39.99 (20% off).

Do you also own Arkham Asylum?

Zero-Crescent said:
Huh, that's interesting, when I go to the store page in the browser, where I'm logged out, the price is $49.99. When I go to the store page in the Steam Browser, where I'm logged in, it shows it as being on sale for 39.99 (20% off).

Makes me wonder if it is 20% off for people who own AA. Do you have AA?

Would make the weekend deal pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom