• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Forkball said:
I don't care what you think, I'm buying Fable III.

When it hits $5.

2065634-burning-5-dollsj3e.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Syphon Filter said:
How is deus ex:HR? Is it similar to the original?
Pretty much. Good level design, sneaking around is fun, some things are streamlined and work better (hacking and lockpicking combined in hacking minigame), some don't (i hate the new BE system) and it has equally shitty asian voiceovers.

I like it.

Sinatar

Syphon Filter said:
How is deus ex:HR? Is it similar to the original?

It's a really good game and about as close as you can expect a modern game to come to Deus Ex but it abandons the "play how you want" mantra of DX and pretty much forces you down a stealthy hacker play style.

Blizzard

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
Is Heroes of Might & Magic VI going to have that lame ass Ubisoft persistent online connection required drm?
I believe it was announced that it would NOT, but I do not have a link. I still haven't got around to trying the demo.

Sinatar

jaundicejuice said:
Is Heroes of Might & Magic VI going to have that lame ass Ubisoft persistent online connection required drm?

Yep.

EDIT: Or at least the beta does.

Steam store page says this:

3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft Online Service Platform

Yeah, no thanks, die in a fire Uplay. Guess I'll add it to my wishlist and wait until it's 10$ and/or the anti-consumer drm is patched out.

jaundicejuice said:

Yeah, no thanks, die in a fire Uplay. Guess I'll add it to my wishlist and wait until it's 10$ and/or the anti-consumer drm is patched out.

If it's the same shit that From Dust launched with, they can suck my unit. I usually overlook DRM, but that really got on my nerves.

ezodagrom

morningbus said:
Wait, am I reading that correctly? Sega Classic pack and all the Sonic the hedgehog games just for preordering Generations?
I think it's only the Sonic games, the SEGA Classics part is most likely the application that is used to run the Mega Drive (Genesis) classics.

Blizzard

Banned
jaundicejuice said:

Sinatar said:
Yep.

LocoMrPollock said:
If it's the same shit that From Dust launched with, they can suck my unit. I usually overlook DRM, but that really got on my nerves.

From the demo thread:
LastWindow said:
According to a post on the first page, it's mentioned there's a video of Ubisoft where they say it won't have the "always online" DRM. All it's require is a one-time online activation and after that you're fine.

Sinatar said:
Yep.

Blizzard said:
I believe it was announced that it would NOT, but I do not have a link. I still haven't got around to trying the demo.

LocoMrPollock said:

Well I downloaded the demo and am giving it a shot now. What makes this bleakly hilarious is that Ubisoft, apparently, have killed off their PC business model with this aggressive drm strategy of theirs. According to Michael Pachter, they've lost 90% of the business with no upswing in the console side.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/07/opinion-ubisoft-piracy-and-the-death-of-reason/

Absolutely brilliant.

Blizzard said:
From the demo thread:

Why is the demo saying I'm in offline mode and can't use certain features in the campaign? I have to connect to the conflux, whatever that is.

Fuck it, I uninstalled the demo and removed the game from my wishlist.

Blizzard

Banned
Again according to the thread:

the demo you guys can play is actually the first beta release.

Right now we are at 1.4 and there have been already several changes.

The devs are really listening to us and they also promised to give us back town screens, but still they don't know if they will be able to do it in time for release or if they will have to patch it later.

Even if the game is published by ubisoft there won't be an always-online DRM (they say it even on the official website).

the only thing they did is introduce conflux, that basically gives you some cool stuff if you play online... seems kinda like that they finally understood how to do this kinda things properly.

I don't know what "cool stuff" is if you play online, however.

Joe Molotov

I played the demo of Sonic Generations at Gamestop, and it seemed pretty good. Also, Sonic Colors wasn't a complete travesty so maybe they've finally got their act together now.

Blizzard said:
Again according to the thread:

I don't know what "cool stuff" is if you play online, however.

They said From Dust wouldn't require a persistent internet connection and was simply a one-time activation too. Although that was a forum post by a community rep of some sort and not from an official website.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
jaundicejuice said:
After this weekend Rage will continue to sell, Fable 3 will drop back to whatever abyss it resided in previously.

Of course, but that doesn't make its current position any less disconcerting. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
UnluckyKate said:
Yeah so is Rage. But Dead Island is at regular ?

Some publishers see the value in avoiding the arbitrary "Aussie Tax". Deep Silver, apparently, is one of them.

JaseC said:
Some publishers see the value in avoiding the arbitrary "Aussie Tax". Deep Silver, apparently, is one of them.
Same with Sidhe, I strongly recommend that AusGAF reward our New Zealand friends by grabbing Jonah Lomu. We don't have many options for Rugby games either, so it's a winner on that front too.

Gravijah

if you don't own the binding of isaac, buy the binding of isaac, and then play the binding of isaac.

the binding of isaac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom