• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Leaderboards for challenge maps?

10 bucks for AA? I'm tempted to double dip but those 10 bucks could better serve as savings for AC. I don't think i'll ever buy a 50-60$ game anymore unless it's Obsidian's or CDPR's or STALKER 2.

Hanzou

Ceebs said:
I would be in if someone else hosts. I hate having money in Paypal.

Ill host if it was absolutely necessary but would prefer not. Any 2 other people want in on a Dungeon Defenders 4 pack? Can you host it?

Salaadin

masterkajo said:
EDIT: Also, will the PC version on steam have all the DLC? Catwoman? Robin? etc.

Trying to find a link but I think someone posted in the Batman PC thread that PC details will be in a few days....DLC info, system requirements, etc.

Tomodachi

Tambini said:
I bit on the Batman 2 pack, hopefully the 20% offer for City will be on the UK store too.
Have you tried manual search? I can see it just fine that way (on the euro store AND via client, not sure why it won't appear on a normal internet browser).

Blizzard

Banned
Salaadin said:
Trying to find a link but I think someone posted in the Batman PC thread that PC details will be in a few days....DLC info, system requirements, etc.
Catwoman is supposed to be in the main game so that had BETTER be built in. Also since I probably got Batman LEGO earlier on a sale, I'm pretty happy about $40 new game prices. :D

Sysgen

garath said:
Arkham City for $40 is absolutely splendid.

Too bad it comes out immediately after Skyrim. I'm not going to buy any games around Skyirm. I only have limited time to play and I can easily spend the rest of Nov and possibly Dec playing Skyrim.

If Arkham City was due out this week perhaps, I'd buy the hell out of it and play it until Skyrim was released.

You're doing it backwards.

Salaadin

Heres the link I was referring to:
http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/5940-Hot-Topic-2-PC

Hi all,

For PC gamers we expect the full release date to go out Tuesday or Wednesday this week, this will also include an answer about how you get DLC.

System specs will be around 21st 22nd October.

I know this is alot later than some of you expected to hear but we wanted to ensure we could give you firm details and answer your questions.

SarahMay

Also this:
Put Simply the delay was because the game was not ready, the PC version truly looks incredible and has alot of kick butt features and it meant that it took a little longer to complete.

We truly are sorry about the delay but trust me it is 100% worth it when you see how the game looks on pc.

Blizzard said:
Catwoman is supposed to be in the main game so that had BETTER be built in. Also since I probably got Batman LEGO earlier on a sale, I'm pretty happy about $40 new game prices. :D

I want the Catwoman stuff too. I watches some gameplay footage of her...I want to do that.

Sober

Snuggler said:
Hmmm, so if I buy Batman Lego's for $10, I will save $10 on Arkham City. Tough call.
You get to play LEGO Batman while waiting for Arkham City? Beats not playing anything.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Steam achievements in Batman?

Toki Tori 2?

z8wf8e7gx.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Proxy said:
Uhh guys...

We're aware. It probably relates to the DLC and/or the Catwoman Campaign, which also requires console users to be online while playing.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Snuggler said:
Hmmm, so if I buy Batman Lego's for $10, I will save $10 on Arkham City. Tough call.
I'm in the same situation, maybe a TF2 hat will help us decide...

Proxy

morningbus said:
We're aware. It probably relates to the DLC and/or the Catwoman Campaign, which also requires console users to be online while playing.

Oops, had an old version of the thread open.

Arkham City's price is $49.99 for me and I already own Arkham Asylum, damn.

LEGO Batman is tempting but $5 too expensive :/

Edit: AC is now $39.99 for me, damn you Steam :lol

Salsa

man how cheap am i that im sad i got Arkham City for 32 bucks when there are cheaper codes now.

id say the cheapest of dudes

Askani

How good or bad is the control for Batman:AA with a kb/m? I need to pick up a good controller for stuff like Darksiders and Last Remnant anyway, but I can't afford it right now.

Askani said:
How good or bad is the control for Batman:AA with a kb/m? I need to pick up a good controller for stuff like Darksiders and Last Remnant anyway, but I can't afford it right now.

It ain't the worst and it ain't the best. For what it's worth I got the shits and couldn't finish it on KB/M, but I hate controlling third-person games which don't use mouselook with a keyboard.

Salaadin

I played Batman start to finish on KB/M. Its not bad but takes some getting used to.
Should also note that the game seems to only support the Xbox 360 controller for Windows as it completely hated my Logitech Rumblepad 2.

Yeah for third-person games, if the character facing and camera controls are the same I can honestly do either without much trouble. It's only in games like AA where the left-stick/keyboard actually controls the direction the character is facing where it bothers me.

Sober

Askani said:
Either will do. Pretty much replayed the game twice with each control scheme (yes, four times) and both are great.

Askani

Cool. Thanks for the info all.

I was hoping to not spend any Steam monies for awhile, but they insist on giving me good games at good prices. Those assholes.

Tambini

I was getting between 35-60fps with all settings on max on Arkham Asylum then one corridor sent it into 4fps.

I don't know what happened D:

graywolf323

Madrugador said:
Arkham City's price is $49.99 for me and I already own Arkham Asylum, damn.

LEGO Batman is tempting but $5 too expensive :/

Edit: AC is now $39.99 for me, damn you Steam :lol

AC: Revelations? odd it's $50 for me even though I own all the AC games

Arkham City shows $40 for me and I only own the original Arkham Asylum (not GOTY edition)

Joe Molotov

graywolf323 said:
AC: Revelations? odd it's $50 for me even though I own all the AC games

Arkham City shows $40 for me and I only own the original Arkham Asylum (not GOTY edition)

It's $40 if you own Arkham Asylum or Lego Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom