• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sye d'Burns

I just realized we were in OT3. Man, Dark Souls / Demon's Souls revisited has really consumed me.

1p7L4.png

I caught a glimpse of the Who Posted? image and thought, "no way I posted that much." Typically, I don't do double takes because there's an avatar by the name. This one caught me off-guard though.

It amazes me how much some people have to say.
I kid. I kid.

Gravijah said:
unlike salsa i don't shill for every single indie thing in existence.
I've gone indie crazy since the humble bundle 3 (and 2 at the same time) and because I'm away from my ps3 with only MacBook for 6 month. I must say I'm a sucker fo every indie games around the corner.

UnluckyKate said:
I've gone indie crazy since the humble bundle 3 (and 2 at the same time) and because I'm away from my ps3 with only MacBook for 6 month. I must say I'm a sucker fo every indie games around the corner.
no can do mate!
you can't abandon a ps3 for a macbook.. master race we might be, but there's only so much gaming on ibook and such :p

witchedwiz said:
no can do mate!
you can't abandon a ps3 for a macbook.. master race we might be, but there's only so much gaming on ibook and such :p
I'm 8000 miles away from my pS3 and it was way too heavy for the suitcase. But it's okay, i'll have 10 games to catchup plus 15 more with this season releases. I have to agree that too few games come for Mac... But Steam and humble bundle does a great job at this

Gravijah

UnluckyKate said:
I'm 8000 miles away from my pS3 and it was way too heavy for the suitcase. But it's okay, i'll have 10 games to catchup plus 15 more with this season releases. I have to agree that too few games come for Mac... But Steam and humble bundle does a great job at this

8000 miles? did you go to the moon?

Gravijah said:
8000 miles? did you go to the moon?
France to Korea, haha. The moon? Can you imagine how hard would it be to contact Customers service to let me buy from orbit? Maybe they have more taxes than australia there!

MNC

I'm starting to warm up as a whole to Binding of Isaac. Not that I didn't like it at first, the gameplay is simple with a certain great depth that makes it great for quick sessions of play. But I'm talking more about the package as a whole; the music, story and graphics, this game is so ridiculously dark and corrupt, if I stop to think about it, it almost makes me feel unsettled!
I forgot where I read it, but alot of the bosses/things down there are Isaac's siblings right? So crazy.

The religion, the locking away of childs in basement... The dark music. Damn!

Gravijah

MNC said:
I'm starting to warm up as a whole to Binding of Isaac. Not that I didn't like it at first, the gameplay is simple with a certain great depth that makes it great for quick sessions of play. But I'm talking more about the package as a whole; the music, story and graphics, this game is so ridiculously dark and corrupt, if I stop to think about it, it almost makes me feel unsettled!
I forgot where I read it, but alot of the bosses/things down there are Isaac's siblings right? So crazy.

The religion, the locking away of childs in basement... The dark music. Damn!

alright, you convinced me, i'm gonna play some more isaac.

Nabs

Any word on when the Isaac demo is releasing? I need to convince more people to give it a shot.

Valygar

Archie said:

That's awesome. I love these alternatives to traditional tower defense games, now I have to choose between this and the awesome "Orcs Must die". :(

I'll probably wait for a sale of any of them, Dungeon Defenders needs more people to play with and my friends won't buy it at that price, and Orcs Must Die is single-player at the moment.

But man, that video is awesome.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Stallion Free said:
Dungeon Defenders still looks pretty sweet but I don't know if I can get three other friends behind it.

Heh, same. My friends are pretty picky, I doubt one of them will be interested, let alone three.

MNC

Leonsito said:
I heard Gemini Rue was added to the Steam registry, how many days till it's out for sale ?
Gemini Rue? That pixalart point and click sci fi awesome kind of thing?! Awesome!

Nightz

Stallion Free said:
Dungeon Defenders still looks pretty sweet but I don't know if I can get three other friends behind it.
Same here. Got my brother on it and we're still trying to convince two of our friends to jump in.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Archie said:
Well, hopefully the PC version is different, but the iPad one is absolute crap. The UI was a mess, the gameplay was sluggish and the controls were really unresponsive. Overall, it just wasn't a fun experience.

MRORANGE

Brazil said:
Well, hopefully the PC version is different, but the iPad one is absolute crap. The UI was a mess, the gameplay was sluggish and the controls were really unresponsive. Overall, it just wasn't a fun experience.

well the mobile version were going to have problems with controls. Pc version should be a lot better.

there is a prototype demo which they made some time ago if anyone wants to try Dungeon Defenders, it's very early stage development so do not expect everything to be here like in the full game.

Echoplx

Brazil said:

You can't be serious, right?

All those issues can directly be attributed to the platform and not the game itself.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Glass Rebel said:
Would you guys recommend buying RAGE from intkeys?

Intkeys is fine. They give you a legal key. Some keys require activation through a Russian or Eastern Europe (CIS) VPN. Do you have access to one of those?

Stumpokapow said:
Intkeys is fine. They give you a legal key. Some keys require activation through a Russian or Eastern Europe (CIS) VPN. Do you have access to one of those?

No, sadly not. They don't mention if it's the russian version, though.

Edit: Oh, when I try to check out it does. I'd need Paypal anyway and they don't seem to like me so whatever.

Brazil

3chopl0x said:
You can't be serious, right?

All those issues can directly be attributed to the platform and not the game itself.
How am I not serious? Are you serious?

You're saying the gameplay is sluggish and the game itself isn't fun because it's on the iPad? Have you even played it?

Echoplx

Brazil said:
How am I not serious? Are you serious?

You're saying the gameplay is sluggish and the game itself isn't fun because it's on the iPad?

You never actually gave any reason as to why it isn't fun though, you listed technical issues and a very vague statement on the pacing..

Action RPGs are pretty much designed for PCs and trying to squeeze it onto a mobile device is not going to give you the full experience.

Brazil

3chopl0x said:
You never actually gave any reason as to why it isn't fun though, you listed technical issues and a very vague statement on the pacing..

Action RPGs are pretty much designed for PCs and trying to squeeze it onto a mobile device is not going to give you the full experience.
I'll give you that.

But, yeah: the game's pacing is fucked up. Sometimes stages end up fairly quickly, but sometimes they drag on for over an hour because the difficulty curve refuses to follow any logic of steady progression. Also, at least when I played it originally, there was no way to save the game during these long stages.

The tower-placing and managing mechanics also aren't as satisfying as the ones in Sanctum, for example. I'd recommend that over Dungeon Defenders.

Other than that, I have absolutely no faith in the developers. The game crashes a lot, and not only they've managed to create one of the most inconsistent UIs I've ever had the displeasure to deal with on my iPad, but more than once game updates they released simply deleted all saved character data.

BioHazard

I think I'm going to slow down on buying so many games, and take a loooong break, I may even skip the holiday sales *gasp* I think I'll just stick to BF3, Skyrim, MW3, Arkham City, etc for the rest of the year!

1300 is too much

If my brother lives in Russia, can I give him my Steam account to buy cheap games ? Or should he buy them and put the key in the account after that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom