• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Necronomikon said:
I just found out that Alice in the US is only $15!!! D:

I see it priced at $25 in my country... so could anyone Gift it to me and I will paypal you! =D

Pretty please!!! =3
I'm still debating. It's always the same thing: It's an awesome price (15 bucks) but I probably won't play it until it goes up for sale again (on either black friday or christmas sales).

drizzle said:
I'm still debating. It's always the same thing: It's an awesome price (15 bucks) but I probably won't play it until it goes up for sale again (on either black friday or christmas sales).

As the OT says, buy it now play it later!!

I just don't think that in the Christmas sale it'll be that cheap (it has happened before that in Christmas's sales items are not as cheaper as in previous sales). I have BF3 waiting for me to be pre-downloaded and I already bought Batman: Arkham City and Uncharted 3 is the only one left.. but when I saw this deal I was perplexed! (considering I'm interested in Alice, but not as much as the others previously mentioned).

DAMNED STEAM!!! It makes me spent more money on games I can't even start to play =P

But as a friend of mine said:

A True Gamer is Measured by his Backlog!

Salsa

iNvidious01 said:
just lost my DIRT 3 save game because of a GFWL malfuckup, hate this piece of shit

will arkham city have this shit too?

welcome to the club. Good thing i got it for free (hopefully you did as well).

yet..

3chopl0x said:
It sure will, I've lost my Arkham Asylum save twice now thanks to GFWL. I should probably be more apprehensive over AC.

I wouldnt go with this just yet. It features Steam Cloud, as stated in the store page. For now im hoping that means Steam will take care (or at least backup) of my savefiles first.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
MrOogieBoogie said:
Do the episodes from Liberty City run better than the main game?

Also, any graphics tweaking recommendations you guys have for maximizing my performance without losing too much visual fidelity? Do I need night shadows on? How about view distance? What should I set the target to? Stuff like that. Any help would be appreciated.

HEY GAF

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Luigi87 said:
Daily Deal - Cargo! – The Quest for Gravity 66% off!

$6.79 here in the States. I have a soft spot for these weird Russian/Former Soviet Bloc games, so this is really tempting.

morningbus

confused said:
2 tribes 10-year anniversary :

All 2 tribes games 33% off, 2 Tribes pack 50% off.

The pack is a fantastic value. All 3 games, Toki Tori, Edge, and Rush, all for $6.99.

Absurd deal. I wonder if you can gift the copies you already own, because the pack is only $1.33 more than buying Edge by itself.

morningbus

Princess Skittles said:
Agreed, they're all three great games.

Usually not and it would actually note if you could.

The only reason I even hesitated to ask is because Two Tribes is really awesome and it is totally something they would do.

I'll definitely pick up Edge, though. I loved Toki Tori and Rush.

Sword of the Stars Complete for 5 Euro. Had my eyes on that one for a while. Love some space strategy and seems to be a decent one + a lot of content.

tycoonheart said:
So I bought the GTA Classic pack for 10 bucks when I actually wanted to buy the Complete pack for 12 bucks. I started a ticket with support for a refund so I can buy the one that I actually wanted, will they help me out or am I kinda screwed?
Sadly your screwed since Steam support takes 3-4 days to respond to your ticket.

ss_9b7da8abbd55fc0dec12934f25e25df8d0b314f0.1920x1080.jpg

could someone please explain what is going on in the daily deal?

Tomodachi

Any mod for San Andreas I should be aware of? Resolution seems to be fixed at 800x600 and there are no advanced graphical options. I must say it aged pretty badly, I had fond memories about its graphics :p

Nelo Ice

Banned
Tomodachi said:
Any mod for San Andreas I should be aware of? Resolution seems to be fixed at 800x600 and there are no advanced graphical options. I must say it aged pretty badly, I had fond memories about its graphics :p

Same anyone kno essential mods for any of the GTAs? I kno for IV icenhancer, first person mod, and better city textures are worth it.

zkylon

zkylewd
arts&crafts said:
ss_9b7da8abbd55fc0dec12934f25e25df8d0b314f0.1920x1080.jpg

could someone please explain what is going on in the daily deal?
The naked midgets are the citizens of this bizarro Earth. Gravity has gone poof and only way of getting it back is spending a currency called FUN. FUN is obtained kicking the naked dudes in the ass, riding with them in speedboats, playing music and such. It's all very wacky and surrealistic. You can build your own boats, hot air balloons, planes, a la Nuts and Bolts, and you use those vehicles to make these guys have the time of their life.

It's done by the guys that developed russian masterpiece The Void.

zkylon said:
The naked midgets are the citizens of this bizarro Earth. Gravity has gone poof and only way of getting it back is spending a currency called FUN. FUN is obtained kicking the naked dudes in the ass, riding with them in speedboats, playing music and such. It's all very wacky and surrealistic. You can build your own boats, hot air balloons, planes, a la Nuts and Bolts, and you use those vehicles to make these guys have the time of their life.

It's done by the guys that developed russian masterpiece The Void.
wow fascinating stuff, will try the demo

confused

Banned
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
i dont hav one signle GTA but have beatem them all..thing is ive never spent more than 10 bucks on a steam game...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It's 7 games. Less than $2 a game. If you get someone from the UK to gift it to you it comes out at $1 a game.

Twinduct

Fuck I hope my money clears before Monday! Fucking client only issued my transfer this afternoon. There is like a 1% chance it will be processed before Monday afternoon. Retarded 1 working day limit fuck!

Salsa

JaseC said:
Have you purchased Alice yet?

I actually just arrived from the bank and i was trying to give my money to Firehead in order to get him to gift me the cheaper US price but it wont let me.

Now i tried to buy a PC gamer digital magazine (the $1 one) and it wont let me either, so something definetly went wrong with the transaction.

Trying to call the bank now, ugh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SalsaShark said:
I actually just arrived from the bank and i was trying to give my money to Firehead in order to get him to gift me the cheaper US price but it wont let me.

Now i tried to buy a PC gamer digital magazine (the $1 one) and it wont let me either, so something definetly went wrong with the transaction.

Trying to call the bank now, ugh.

This is the most disconcerting news of the day. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gav47 said:
Many thanks to K.Jack for gifting me Alice. And so the Backlog grows.

Play Alice.

If I sound like a broken record, it is because I am one.

And, also, play Alice.

Tomodachi

Blizzard said:
The daily deal didn't show up on the front page for me, where did you guys see it?
This happens a lot :(
Just look at the news headlines at the bottom of the homepage.

Also, the Two Tribes deals are nowhere to be seen in the main page (except for scrolling all the specials list), I would never have known without this thread. Such a pity.

A broken record would be more like "play ali- ali- ali- ali- ali- ali..."

Anyway, Stupacabra was having trouble with payments too, sounds like Steam is playing up maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom