• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads-up on that Origin60 deal: it also applies to their points cards, so you can get 60% off of the BioWare cards, which means 60% off of any current and future BW DLC :).

Salsa

heads up:

heads-up.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DyslexicAlucard said:
Just a heads-up on that Origin60 deal: it also applies to their points cards, so you can get 60% off of the BioWare cards, which means 60% off of any current and future BW DLC :).

Where can I find BioWare cards?

confused

Banned
Do GTA 1 and 2 have pretty icons ? Contemplating the full pack just for GTA 1,2 and 3. I already have the rest.

Also contemplating gifting the pack to my brother, how well does GTA 4 run on an I3 530 + AMD 5770 ?

SalsaShark said:
heads up:

http://www.eclecticinspiration.com/quotes/proverbs_data/heads-up.gif[/IMG]

He really has his head up his ass......

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GuiltybyAssociation said:
Madness Returns is significantly better. First Alice hasn't aged too well. :(

Yeah, I attempted to play through it prior to Madness Returns, but was thoroughly put off.

derFeef said:
Still my favourite GTA games. Yes - I said that.

Nothing wrong with that. GTA 1, 2 and the IIIlogy are awesome.

Edit: Yup, Salsa is right though. If you don't like Chinatown Wars you're a bad person.

Small anecdote: A friend recently chatted to someone from Rockstar Leeds who worked on CW and one of the difficulties they had during development was toning down the drug dealing for various reasons. He really thought they had done enough but everybody who played the game knows that it's the fastest and easiest way to make money.

Kerrby

Banned
derFeef said:
Still my favourite GTA games. Yes - I said that.

How well do they play today, never played GTA 1 or 2.

I ask this because GTA III and Vice City don't stand up that well to me, they control pretty badly.

confused

Banned
Glass Rebel said:
Nothing wrong with that. All GTA games are awesome.

Fixed that for you.

Kerrby said:
How well do they play today, never played GTA 1 or 2.

I ask this because GTA III and Vice City don't stand up that well to me, they control pretty badly.

Controller support ? doubtful, I know but a man can hope.

Salsa

derFeef said:
Can't play CTW sadly, but I always thought it looked dope because it is so close to the first two games.

oh man, if you loved the first one then go grab a cheap DS/PSP/Phone whatever and give it a whirl. Its like the perfect marriage of everything good about the old games with the good inclusions on the newer games + addicting drug dealing minigame.

I oughta play it again on PSP, i even bought it after i already beat the DS version.

I've bought $50 worth ($20 payed) of BioWare points so far. Should I keep going? I'm curious if TOR will have expansions or anything purchasable via BW points... Hmmm.

Worst come to worst, I can just buy all of the DAO and ME2 DLC, right?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm just trying to figure out where I can actually find the Bioware Points I bought....

Nevermind, it's there when I go to buy Bioware ME2/DA2 DLC. Will save for later.

So do we think Batman Arkham Asylum and the GTA packs will be on sale again in Christmas time? Like will there be a Rockstar pack and a WB pack like the other publisher's packs?

Narag

Arkham Asylum goes on sale all the time, GTA pack has been on sale most every major sale. Might even be a rockstar week between now and xmas, who knows? Usually there are large publisher packs during the Christmas sale too.

Snuggler said:
I'm just trying to figure out where I can actually find the Bioware Points I bought....

Nevermind, it's there when I go to buy Bioware ME2/DA2 DLC. Will save for later.

It's kind of an effed up system, but you can check them in-game (with DAO, at least, not sure about ME2) or go to BioWare.com, log into your BW account, and click (add BW points) on that screen, when choosing how many points to buy, it'll sure your current BW point balance.

This is really dumb. Oh well, 60% off all future BW DLC is worth a bit of dumb interface issues!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DyslexicAlucard said:
It's kind of an effed up system, but you can check them in-game (with DAO, at least, not sure about ME2) or go to BioWare.com, log into your BW account, and click (add BW points) on that screen, when choosing how many points to buy, it'll sure your current BW point balance.

This is really dumb. Oh well, 60% off all future BW DLC is worth a bit of dumb interface issues!

Heh, yeah it is a terrible system. I feel like I'm an accidental button push from buying something when I try to check my points. It's so sleazy. But I know that I will want to buy Bioware DLC at some point or another, so I would regret passing on this deal when the time comes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
dave_m123 said:
GTA is an amazing price. Pity I've got them all already :) on steam in previous sales.

Buy the pack and stash it in your inventory. You should be able to trade it for something with a greater value in the future.

Rekubot

Dambrosi said:
That GTA Complete UK price...that's got to be a mistake...right? Right?

BRB, need to get some quick cash.
Seriously, that's fucking insane. So tempted but when the hell am I going to have time to play them all?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anyone in the UK willing to gift the GTA Complete pack? Since I own the PS2 GTAs, I really only need GTAIV an its expansions (GTA1 and 2 can't hurt), but the $5 difference just makes the difference.

Can paypal right away.

I'd be glad if somebody could hook me up with the UK GTA complete pack. It's almost half price compared to € price.

As of yet I don't own any of those games for the PC and I won't be able to play the GTA4 stuff for some time, but the price is just too tempting ;)

Edit: I guess I'll better put my request in the global distribution thread, I'm new to this.

Bumhead

Banned
How is the PC version of IV, and are the expansions worth playing?

I already have the Classic pack but £5 for IV and Liberty City Episodes seems like a decent deal.

Tomodachi

Did they really have to go with unskippable deals weeks before black friday and Christmas sale? What the hell, give me some time to save :(

Hey guys, I have a problem with steam!

My credit card is been declined on Steam since I did the thingy with russian vpn (stupidest thing I ever done).

I need an honest gaffer to help me gift me the GTA pack! (all of them)

Of course I ll pay the honest gaffer who volunteer in advance via paypal. (GTA price plus of course an extra)

Can somebody help me?

PM please!

Anyone who's Paypal'd me and NOT received the GTA pack, if you're able to, reverse the payment. Steam do not seem to have taken kindly to me gifting the same thing multiple times to various regions, and have frozen my payments.

Really sorry for the hassle, this is a tremendous pain and an awful thing to happen now. If you're not able to reverse the payments, let me know and I'll refund you immediately.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Stupacabra said:
Anyone who's Paypal'd me and NOT received the GTA pack, if you're able to, reverse the payment. Steam do not seem to have taken kindly to me gifting the same thing multiple times to various regions, and have frozen my payments.

Really sorry for the hassle, this is a tremendous pain and an awful thing to happen now. If you're not able to reverse the payments, let me know and I'll refund you immediately.

How strange. I haven't heard of anybody encountering this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom