• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up GTA Complete ($12.49) and Sword of the Stars Complete ($5.00). I remember waiting for GTA Complete during the summer sale, but the sale price was too high. $12.49 is a pretty good price for the GTAIIIlogy and GTAIV+Episodes.

Looks like the Arkham City pre-order deal for AA and LB owners is still active for the time being, so I'm going to think about it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Stup is it frozen or just under review? I've had it be under review before and it kicked in a few hours later.

Also, If anyone from the US is awake, Could i get alice gifted!

Alright, I think everyone's refunded now. Really, really mortified about that. My apologies to all inconvenienced.

It's most likely under review. If it starts working again, I'll be willing to help out once more. Steam have taken £4.99 for a gift and not sent it, which does not bode well. Hopefully this will work out for me.

iNvid02

just lost my DIRT 3 save game because of a GFWL malfuckup, hate this piece of shit

will arkham city have this shit too?

Echoplx

iNvidious01 said:
just lost my DIRT 3 save game because of a GFWL malfuckup, hate this piece of shit

will arkham city have this shit too?

It sure will, I've lost my Arkham Asylum save twice now thanks to GFWL. I should probably be more apprehensive over AC.

froliq

Still looking for someone to gift me Alice for 15 bucks. Can paypal right away.

I just have this feeling that this deal wont come back for christmas.

Derrick01

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
why isnt steam drm good enough for them, lets shove this garbage in here for good measure

Arkham City, the steam version at least, will have Steam Cloud support. We're not sure if it's full steamworks or a mix of GFWL and steamworks...but we do know it has steam cloud support.

jaundicejuice said:
For anyone who has bemoaned the tunnel vision of this generation and its art direction

Heh I know you meant art only, but that Alice game is the definition of being sent down one giant metaphorical tunnel, it's about as linear as you can get. There's no point in having "good" art if the game is boring.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Des0lar said:
Just quoting myself for all the people that have physX related fps dips.

The intention is admirable, however your link is broken. :p (Copied the text of the URL and not the URL itself, I assume?)

MRORANGE

Puppet Shadow said:
Anyone know anything about PAYDAY The Heist that came out on Steam today? Reminds me of my favorite GTA missions.

All you need

If you want a challenge I really do recommend getting this game, the dificulty ramp is quite amazing, from going to easy to just frantic, guns have recoil and limited ammo which always make sure your not just spraying everything. It's slightly rough around the edge's but it's a great coop shooter especially if you like l4d series

Pro's

great co-op shooter with 3 other friends
Challenging Gameplay
guns feel like guns ( lots of recoil) makes sure your not just spraying
nice variety of missions

Con's

No graphical options at all
sometimes you have no idea on what your supposed to do, lack of instructions.

XmMoR.jpg

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Bomber Bob said:
Hey guys, I have a problem with steam!

My credit card is been declined on Steam since I did the thingy with russian vpn (stupidest thing I ever done).

I need an honest gaffer to help me gift me the GTA pack! (all of them)

Of course I ll pay the honest gaffer who volunteer in advance via paypal. (GTA price plus of course an extra)

Can somebody help me?

PM please!
Did you try to buy something from the russian store or what? If so than that's indeed stupid because steam is known to be harsh when it comes to VPN. Activating codes is one thing, but buying from there is another.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bomber Bob said:
Hey guys, I have a problem with steam!

My credit card is been declined on Steam since I did the thingy with russian vpn (stupidest thing I ever done).

I need an honest gaffer to help me gift me the GTA pack! (all of them)

Of course I ll pay the honest gaffer who volunteer in advance via paypal. (GTA price plus of course an extra)

Can somebody help me?

PM please!
Just open a support ticket, say you are having trouble buying stuff. They likely won't even ask questions, and just undo what ever restrictions there are.

Card Boy

Banned
How did i know Payday wouldn't have Graphics options, i called it weeks ago. The FOV in the PC preview vids was a dead giveaway. Will wait for a $7.50 to $10 sale.

Tomodachi

confused said:
You want a Uk-GAFer for GTA.
Yeah you're right, but since it's like a 2€ difference (I already have IV and EFLC) I thought I could save some time getting them from the same person :)

Anyway if a UK gaffer is around I could use a hook up for GTA in the meantime, sure :)

Edit: got GTA, courtesy of JPR from the gifting thread (thanks!).

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Do the episodes from Liberty City run better than the main game?

Also, any graphics tweaking recommendations you guys have for maximizing my performance without losing too much visual fidelity? Do I need night shadows on? How about view distance? What should I set the target to? Stuff like that. Any help would be appreciated.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Tambini said:
Argh bought the GTA pack for £20 two weeks ago..oh well
Why? Every game in that pack, including the pack, have been on sale multiple times, and we're only a couple months away from the xmas sale.

Think about the sales when you buy your games, people...

So I bought the GTA Classic pack for 10 bucks when I actually wanted to buy the Complete pack for 12 bucks. I started a ticket with support for a refund so I can buy the one that I actually wanted, will they help me out or am I kinda screwed?

Gav47

Pandoracell said:
Does the Steam version of The Witcher 2 still redownload most of the game when it's updated?
No not anymore thankfully.

Can someone in the US help me with Alice. I will Paypal you first.

moojito

Foliorum Viridum said:
I've had the first GTA sat on Steam for ages but never played it. Now I will.

God it must've been like 12 years or something since I last played it.

I just gave it a go. I felt I was going crosseyed after 5 minutes. I've no idea how I managed to enjoy this back in the day.

moojito said:
I just gave it a go. I felt I was going crosseyed after 5 minutes. I've no idea how I managed to enjoy this back in the day.
Yeah it's really disorientating now. Just drove around for 5 mins and realised I should never touch it again and leave my fond childhood memories of it intact :p

I just found out that Alice in the US is only $15!!! D:

I see it priced at $25 in my country... so could anyone Gift it to me and I will paypal you! =D

Pretty please!!! =3

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
god I want to buy Sims Medieval so badly.. but live in Japan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom