• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess3ract

Banned
Do the daily deals during the summer sale still last 24 hours? Just wondering because I will be on the road for a good bit friday into saturday and wouldn't want to miss some shorter sales window or something.
During summer sales there are a set of games, sometimes with a theme that are on sale for 24 hours at a time. They are for all intents and purposes Daily Deals, except they're usually AAA games for 75% off.

maybe_tomorrow1dei5.gif

Levyne

Banned
During summer sales there are a set of games, sometimes with a theme that are on sale for 24 hours at a time. They are for all intents and purposes Daily Deals, except they're usually AAA games for 75% off.

Sweet, basically check out the sales right before I leave and right after I arrive and I shant miss a thing

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sweet, basically check out the sales right before I leave and right after I arrive and I shant miss a thing
Just be aware for the illusive discount error, when shit that's supposed to be 50% off is 90% off or games that are supposed to be 34.99 are 3.49 and shit like that.

If a deal looks too good, take it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

To make things more difficult, there is usually at least one game each sale that is ultra cheap right when the new daily sales start, but they adjust the price soon after.

Levyne

Banned
To make things more difficult, there is usually at least one game each sale that is ultra cheap right when the new daily sales start, but they adjust the price soon after.

Well I have the phone app...hopefully I can check it periodically if I have signal

Tess3ract

Banned
Well I have the phone app...hopefully I can check it periodically if I have signal
He's talking generally a matter of minutes. Someone fucks up and lists a game for 75% off and 5 minutes later (while the site is being hammered mind you) it's up to only 50-66% off.

Salsa

I made an easy to use configuration for joytokey on the Isaac OT and it works perfectly. Been playing with that since release.

Bentendo

Hmm, I'm trying to download games on Steam but they're only downloading at like 10 Kbs when it should be around 6MB. Is this a problem on my end or on Valve's, because the Speed Test said I should be at 6.

Nabs

Hmm, I'm trying to download games on Steam but they're only downloading at like 10 Kbs when it should be around 6MB. Is this a problem on my end or on Valve's, because the Speed Test said I should be at 6.

tf2 update. you can try switching servers.

ShaneB

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY. Please be tomorrow, I want to spend money! I was close to paying full price for a game I already own on consoles just so I can play it right now! I've gone mad!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Not really too excited about sales, I have mostly everything I want, so a few games would be nice still.

I'm more interested in what their event will be for this one. Summer Camp last year was their best one yet, while Christmas was disappointing.

Lol, at Max Payne 3 going to be 50% off on Amazon. I don't even think its two weeks old and it already dropped down 30$.

And Spec Ops too over on Amazon, lol. It just came out on the 25th its saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom