• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I'm interested to see if the Walking Dead game is any good or not. Telltale games are normally just OK but I love the comics and would like to see a decent game.

Might pick it up in the sale if it's cheap. Or I'll just wait until the whole series is out.

Pretty sure it's their most succesful game yet. Both sales-wise and critically.

Im super pumped to see what they do with Fables.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
And it's the only* scene in the game where 47 talks to a target, as well. The whole thing is very out of place!

He talks to Parcheezi--I think I missed something; Parcheezi is the head of the rival assassin agency, but he sent himself on the presidential assassination mission? Or is the Parcheezi you shoot a clone? What was the point of that speech in the Oval Office? I really have no idea what the plot of this game was Didn't I kill this guy in A Murder of Crows but his name was different then? Doesn't the FBI guy have something to do with the rival assassin agency? I thought he was against clones?

Also, question about the Heaven/Hell level:
When I got the intel about myself off the laptop, the female singer got added to my target list... so obviously she's a bad guy? But then when I waited for her to come into the room, she was clearly talking on the phone with her agent or something? I get that she maybe bumped off the originally scheduled singer. Why doesn't the game actually tell you what 47 finds on the laptop that causes the mission objective to change?
I don't remember the second part happening at all. Is that an optional part of the mission or is my memory really awful? It seems like the only story I bothered with was the very final mission. I don't know if I was missing something from the previous games, but absolutely nothing made sense.

Blizzard

Banned
Remember what I was saying about my having no faith in Valve keeping an infrastructure going when update or sale hits?

I couldn't launch TF2, so I restarted Steam. I can't even log into Steam now, and there's no option for offline mode (though it might work if I disabled my network adapter, who knows). It just froze for a while and reported a Steam network problem.

Now imagine if the sale was combined with the update at the same instant. =P *edit* Now it works again, quick recovery Valve! :D

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And it's the only* scene in the game where 47 talks to a target, as well. The whole thing is very out of place!

Also, question about the Heaven/Hell level:
When I got the intel about myself off the laptop, the female singer got added to my target list... so obviously she's a bad guy? But then when I waited for her to come into the room, she was clearly talking on the phone with her agent or something? I get that she maybe bumped off the originally scheduled singer. Why doesn't the game actually tell you what 47 finds on the laptop that causes the mission objective to change?

Honestly I don't remember. I remember her doing a cartwheel towards me and I shoved her and she died, and I laughed for about 5 minutes at the absurdity of it all.

For all Hitman: Blood Money does right, you can do a lot of things wrong.

I did do a visual Let's Play of the first level, screenshots only. You might enjoy looking at it.

http://noobtoob.com/community/showthread.php?22433-Sunny-Is-Hitman-(56k-warning)&highlight=hitman

It was dumb fun.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Why are there so many,
posts about sale dates,
and what's in the registry?

Posted sales dates visions,
but are only illusions,
and that's what Gaf is trying to find.

So we've been told and some choose to believe it,
I know they're wrong wait & see.
Someday we'll find it,
a sales date connection,
The Gaffer's, the Lurkers and me.

I'm a couple of hours late here but this was fantastic and gave me a pretty good laugh. Well done!

Salsa

Anyone else having trouble logging into Steam? The website works fine, but the client tells me it can't connect to the Steam network.

3p8PQ.png

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You know, I'm tempted for that Be Mine bundle with Hamilton's Great Adventure. I finished Ilimilo have have a hankering for some more. But I don't really want the other games either. Where I prefer spending a bit less, but giving it all to the one developer I want.

1c and Stardock summer dev packs were updated in the registry

They had it wrong. It will start on June 28. It will end on July 22! OMG.

DangerStepp

Should run a pool on how long before the first

"daily deals have nothing for me"/"sales are terrible this year"

Who the hell would be so blasphemous?

The same people whose Steam backlog is bursting at the seams with neglected product already?

Smash88

Banned
I'm ready for the people to go: "OH MY GOD I BOUGHT IT YESTERDAY AND TODAY IT IS ON SALE" posts.

Those are great, because in every Steam thread I've ever seen (including my thread) it is stated do not buy the game until the last day of the steam sale, because it will be cheaper as a daily deal.

DangerStepp

I'm ready for the people to go: "OH MY GOD I BOUGHT IT YESTERDAY AND TODAY IT IS ON SALE" posts.

Those are great, because in every Steam thread I've ever seen (including my thread) it is stated do not buy the game until the last day of the steam sale, because it will be cheaper as a daily deal.

Yeah, those are my favorite

LuffyZoro

I always hope those won't happen this sale.

They always do.

From Steam Forums with people whom are essentially doing what we are right now(speculating)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31374772#post31374772

EVERYONE LISTEN!

New schorsched (spelling) keys were added to TF2, these keys expire on 11/7/2012 or 7/11/2012 whatever.

Now, last years there were special crates in TF2 (summer crates) that could only be oppened with special summer keys, these items also expired if im not mistaken around the same time the summer sale ended.

So maybe tomorrow is a realistic possibility after all. Seems like some of you were losing hope. Believe
ibelieve.gif

Tess3ract

Banned
From Steam Forums with people whom are essentially doing what we are right now(speculating)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...2#post31374772

So maybe tomorrow is a realistic possibility after all. Seems like some of you were losing hope. Believe
ibelieve.gif
That's still july 11th

summer sales only last a week meaning the earliest is prolly either july 1st or july 4th they start the sale

That actually makes sense too, Starts wednesday the fourth, ends july 11at midnight pst.

That's still july 11th

summer sales only last a week meaning the earliest is prolly either july 1st or july 4th they start the sale

That actually makes sense too, Starts wednesday the fourth, ends july 11at midnight pst.

Depends on how long the sale is, HUSH YOU NAYSAYER!!!!

Tess3ract

Banned
It possibly could start tomorrow leading into the fourth and be FOURTH OF JULY SALES because they've done that shit before, but it's unlikely they'd end on july fourth but it's plausible.

Levyne

Banned
Do the daily deals during the summer sale still last 24 hours? Just wondering because I will be on the road for a good bit friday into saturday and wouldn't want to miss some shorter sales window or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom