• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
People on the steam forums are reporting large updates for many games installed:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31376689&postcount=2181

http://i.imgur.com/eRUkM.jpg

SO IT BEGINS!

Yes! OH GOD yes!

ibxQDA3KKc1zh1.gif

Crayons

Banned
Even at 25% off I'd still bite for it. They could get away with 10% off and probably still sell a ton and be on the top end of the charts.

But you don't have it on Steeeeeem!!!

Its already on the top of the charts.
They could increase the price by 10% and it would still be there.

Flunkie

Banned
Its already on the top of the charts.
They could increase the price by 10% and it would still be there.

I know. I meant that during the sale, a popular game on sale for 75% off will probably rise to the top of the charts, pushing ArmA 2: CO down a little bit.

anddo0

Even at 25% off I'd still bite for it. They could get away with 10% off and probably still sell a ton and be on the top end of the charts.

But you don't have it on Steeeeeem!!!

It doesn't have Steam achievements. So the decision was easy. The only thing that sucks is manual patching.. Man we're spoiled.

Salsa

almost done with the FAQ, took me all day

F.A.Q.

Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

gdt

Top of my head, games I'm getting.

Max Payne 3 (will be $30 on Amazon, steam version)
Galactic Civilization II
Q.U.B.E.
Cryostasis
mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe ARMA II

I think thats all I have in mind at this point. Of course, I'll buy way more than that. Not to mention a bunch of indie games I'll probably never play.

RetroMG

Top Five Most Wanted Games

Assassin's Creed Revelations
Batman: Arkham City
Skyrim
Magic: The Gathering 2013
Sims 3

Games I would also like to Buy
Rayman Origins
GTA: Vice city
Payday: The Heist
Fallout: New Vegas
Dead Rising 2
Mass Effect 2

And then there's a laundry list of other games that aren't as crucial, but that I'll buy if the sale is good.

Those packs got added because they got new content. Sega added a new game (that Viking one), The Path got a soundtrack, and the others got some unknown stuff. 1C and Stardock got Summer sale updates, but it doesn't mean the sale is coming tomorrow.
You can't stop the sale train, baby!

inky

I think I just want both Alan Wakes (missed the GMG sale, and I even have like $15 credit there =/) The problem is I don't see myself playing what I get. 80% of the stuff I bought and really wanted to play during the Christmas sale is still uninstalled. That said, I've made like $200+ from Diablo so I know I'll buy something else...

Ok guys, I just built a gaming pc about a month ago, first one I've had in years. So I got steam and have been enjoying the daily deals/midweek/weekend sales. I keep hearing about the big summer sale though, but what's the deal? I take it that a large swath of games will be heavily discounted all at once but how does it work? Are regular discounted games discounted further during daily deals during the sale? If there are some games that I want that are discounted at the beginning, am I safe to wait until the end of the sale to see if they pop up on the daily deal and if not just buy them then, or is there a chance they will become undiscounted during the sale? Thanks

Ok guys, I just built a gaming pc about a month ago, first one I've had in years. So I got steam and have been enjoying the daily deals/midweek/weekend sales. I keep hearing about the big summer sale though, but what's the deal? I take it that a large swath of games will be heavily discounted all at once but how does it work? If a game is discounted, is it discounted for the length of the sale, and if so at the same amount? Are regular discounted games discounted further during daily deals during the sale? If there are some games that I want that are discounted at the beginning, am I safe to wait until the end of the sale to see if they pop up on the daily deal and if not just buy them then, or is there a chance they will become undiscounted during the sale? Thanks

This is 99.9% safe...except for obvious mistakes or very, very occasionally a game running out of keys. Wait for the daily deals, on the last day, buy anything left. In the worst case, you will just need to wait a couple of months to the next one. You will have more then enough games to tide you over.

This is assuming the sale works the same as all the past ones and it also assumes there will be a summer sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ok guys, I just built a gaming pc about a month ago, first one I've had in years. So I got steam and have been enjoying the daily deals/midweek/weekend sales. I keep hearing about the big summer sale though, but what's the deal? I take it that a large swath of games will be heavily discounted all at once but how does it work? Are regular discounted games discounted further during daily deals during the sale? If there are some games that I want that are discounted at the beginning, am I safe to wait until the end of the sale to see if they pop up on the daily deal and if not just buy them then, or is there a chance they will become undiscounted during the sale? Thanks

Virtually everything has a general sale discount, and many of these games are picked to be Daily Deals, in which case a greater albeit temporary discount applies. Also, the last day of the sale brings together some of the more popular Dailies for those who missed them earlier.

Edit: The Golden Rule of "Wait for the Daily Deals" stems from the fact that you're not losing anything by waiting to see if a game you're after becomes a Daily, whereas if you're impatient, you'll find yourself burned if the game you've hastily purchased at the general sale price is discounted further as a Daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom