• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

Sorry if this has already been asked, but any news on Stanger's Wrath HD coming to Steam? As far as I can see only the original version is available.
If it's not coming I might as well start playing it on PS3 since I'm a newly subscribed PS+ user and the game is included in the free games offer... :/

Codies sale? Let's see... Maybe OF: Dragon Rising...

wait, they finally dropped GFWL or is it just a one-off thing for Dirt Showdown?

1-D_FTW

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I got th D2D version and lost it during th transition. Still installed though. Is the there a link to a patch for the non Steam version?

ArjanN

Codies sale? Let's see... Maybe OF: Dragon Rising...

wait, they finally dropped GFWL or is it just a one-off thing for Dirt Showdown?

These are the codemasters games that just got updated in the registry:

Clive Barker's Jericho
Damnation
DiRT
Fuel
Grid
Hospital Tycoon
Maelstrom
Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
Overlord II
Rise of the Argonauts
Second Sight
Soldiers Heroes of WWII

Also, the Spec Ops The Line PC demo should be out today.

Twinduct

But guys! Sales cheapen intellectual property!

Oh and I hope Alan Wake's going on Sale. Finished it on X360, so want to double dip at a reasonable price.

If I remember correctly there was big issuses with Flashpoint right? Was it only the PC Port or the game in general?

Well if the issue was 'Shit Game' then that applied to all versions.
Although the GFWL issue was mainly PC.

HoosTrax

No, you only choose what car skin you want or what dashboard ornament you want when it comes to aesthetics.
Ah that's a shame. I remember this old, probably obscure Dreamcast game called 4x4 Evolution. Absurd rubberband AI like many racing games, but it also had a ridiculous amount of customizations you could buy with your race earnings to upgrade your truck or SUV with. And I don't mean just cosmetic items like brush bars, fog lights, lift kits, and massive off-road tires. There were tons of tuning and performance components as well.

Dirt 3 still looks interesting enough that I might get it if it goes cheap enough though. And a second copy of GRID if it's really cheap -- don't remember if my retail version has weird DRM or not.

1-D_FTW

Ah that's a shame. I remember this old, probably obscure Dreamcast game called 4x4 Evolution. Absurd rubberband AI like many racing games, but it also had a ridiculous amount of customizations you could buy with your race earnings to upgrade your truck or SUV with. And I don't mean just cosmetic items like brush bars, fog lights, lift kits, and massive off-road tires. There were tons of tuning and performance components as well.

Dirt 3 still looks interesting enough that I might get it if it goes cheap enough though. And a second copy of GRID if it's really cheap -- don't remember if my retail version has weird DRM or not.

If you don't own any, I'd honesty recommend Dirt 2 over it. Unless you game in 3D. Then Dirt 3 is a big upgrade graphically. But if you're gaming in 2D, Dirt 3 offers no enhancements over 2. And the courses in 2, IMO, are much better.

If you don't own any, I'd honesty recommend Dirt 2 over it. Unless you game in 3D. Then Dirt 3 is a big upgrade graphically. But if you're gaming in 2D, Dirt 3 offers no enhancements over 2. And the courses in 2, IMO, are much better.

the DLC system in Dirt 3 is also awful. Totally put me off to the game, which I got for free... but still.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still haven't used by 5 dollar credit in GMG.

Also, while I understand why Wizardry 8 won't pop up in GoG or Steam, how come no one wants to add Theme Hospital or SimGolf in Steam or GoG?

Boss Doggie

Yes sir. I've played it a bit for the first time recently, cute game.

Ah cool :)

Now I wonder if they made it so that it can be run on windowed in a big resolution, etc.

And I wonder if I can get it for less than six bucks.

Ah cool!

Never actually had installed any of GoG games yet so is it somehow different than their original format?

Also, when will they make a sale?

You download a file. And then you double click on it and it works. It's all in a little dosbox thing and it's super easy. Way easier than trying to get old cds to work. Sales are few and far between, especially if you are looking for one specific game. The stuff is pretty cheap so I just buy what I want when it's out. I mean it's six bucks. I know it's a different attitude than steam...

It's easy to mod this stuff too if the mods are out there. I don't know if there is a widescreen mod, but you can make the resolution pretty big without it getting too ugly. And yeah I think it's windowed by default, but all that stuff is easy to change and mess with. Check the gog boards specific to the game and there are tons of helpful links.

HBroward

Broken Sword 2 remastered just went up. It appears to be bugged, and can only be launched from the .exe in the steamapps folder.

Boss Doggie

You download a file. And then you double click on it and it works. It's all in a little dosbox thing and it's super easy. Way easier than trying to get old cds to work. Sales are few and far between, especially if you are looking for one specific game. The stuff is pretty cheap so I just buy what I want when it's out. I mean it's six bucks. I know it's a different attitude than steam...

It's easy to mod this stuff too if the mods are out there. I don't know if there is a widescreen mod, but you can make the resolution pretty big without it getting too ugly. And yeah I think it's windowed by default, but all that stuff is easy to change and mess with. Check the gog boards specific to the game and there are tons of helpful links.

Ahh I see, so it's already premade.

And I might buy it once I get some cash soon. I'm currently reserving my money for steam summer sale but I guess I can spare some 6 bucks for TH.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sales are few and far between, especially if you are looking for one specific game.

That's fairly deceptive. Sales are every weekend, and normally multiple games per weekend, and they do pretty big Christmas sales as well. I approach GOG the same way I approach Steam in terms of content sales, to be honest.

That's fairly deceptive. Sales are every weekend, and normally multiple games per weekend, and they do pretty big Christmas sales as well. I approach GOG the same way I approach Steam in terms of content sales, to be honest.

I should have rephrased that, I guess it should be: "Sales are few and far between if you are looking for one specific game."

Which I guess makes it the same as steam as well.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Valve needs to implement a system where Steam is smart enough to keep downloads going on single player games. I get annoying having to ALT + Tab out to resume a download when I am trying to play Binding of Isaac or something (it is even more worse when I'm indecisive and spent 20 minutes playing half a dozen games)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I should have rephrased that, I guess it should be: "Sales are few and far between if you are looking for one specific game."

Which I guess makes it the same as steam as well.

Sales every weekend of, some times, multiple games (on GOG) are few and far between?

Daily Deals, Midweek deals, weekend deals (on Steam) are also few and far between?

Sales every weekend of, some times, multiple games (on GOG) are few and far between?

Daily Deals, Midweek deals, weekend deals (on Steam) are also few and far between?

Just for specific games.

If I sat and just waited for something like Fuel for example (yeah I know the codemasters thing might be coming up) I'd be waiting for either the summer or winter sale and then if there was just a random publisher weekend or if it was luckily a random deal of the day.

I would say the same for if I was waiting for Giants: Citizen Kabuto (yes, I know it was on sale a few months ago) I would also just be waiting for a random weekend which might take a while or when they do their big sales. I didn't mean there weren't sales, just that if he wanted to jump on Theme Hospital he might be waiting a while. If he doesn't mind that then cool. If he wants to play it now, just buy it and it's only $6 dollars. If three dollars is worth a few months waiting for him then he is a stronger man than I.

Really interested in some first impressions on Krater, the previews looked really nice for this game.

Like diablo mixed with fallout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom