• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Steam just jumped the shark. It is over. I am switching to Origin and cutting my hair and changing my name. Gabe no longer exists to me¡!¡!¡!

Mark this day in your calendars as the day Steam died.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Fuck yes.

Steam Sales begin early for me, baby! Dat 75% off DLC, finally! Praise the Gaben!

I really want Space Marines, but i've been waiting for it to hit the 5 buck magic price (mostly because I have a shitload of games to play ahead of it).

I'll try to hold on.

Blizzard

Banned
Looks like I should have stuck to my guns harder saying it was mindboggling for people to expect the sale today. :p Updating the 5c etc. packs really made me think it might actually happen though, especially since I didn't remember last year it came so soon after meet the medic.

Danj

The Penny Arcade Promo ending Jul 2nd was probably a tip off that the sale was not starting today, on top of the lack of registry updates. Oh well.... We can hype up Jul 2nd and Jul 5th before resigning to the fact that it will probably be Jul 12th.

Who the hell wants a sale that starts on July 2nd though? That's a freaking Monday! People want this shit to start BEFORE a weekend dammit, not after one!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Analogue still expensive ;.;

please be under 5 euros during the sale.

Koroviev

The Penny Arcade Promo ending Jul 2nd was probably a tip off that the sale was not starting today, on top of the lack of registry updates. Oh well.... We can hype up Jul 2nd and Jul 5th before resigning to the fact that it will probably be Jul 12th.

So, we're really just a bunch of false prophets? :(

1-D_FTW

And now we know why people don't predict trends using only 2 data points.

In hindsight, there was just too little chatter for us to be getting excited. There weren't the updates. There wasn't any registry updates. Should have known Valve didn't suddenly develop ninja skills.

Still, I have always wondered how big an operation these sales are. And how involved the employees running it have to be. If it requires a heavy commitment, it's kind of crappy for these guys to have to be slaving without any days off during the 4th of July celebrations. I can definitely see why Valve would want to reset things and get away from that. Heck, we don't even know if sales are good on the 4th. It could be a dip in traffic then too.

Crayons

Banned
Daily Deal - Gaben: A Hate Story $5.99

Thats+so+gaben.+lol+so+funny+yall+so+subscribe_688d2e_3661700.jpg

I'm
still not
going to origin.

nyong

Banned
Analogue: A Hate Story $5.99 (40% off)

any impression on this game?

Also, fuck!!!!
Why no sale!!!!!
I never even heard of it until just now. I went back and bought it after after looking at the description, though. Looks cool. Sort of reminds me of WonderProject J2?...one of the most memorable N64 games I played.

Martian

Hopefully there will be a huge deal on Arma II, I would start forgiving Valve for messing with us.

Plot twist: The Summer Sale will become an Autumn Sale

kswiston

If Amazon is starting some sort of big sale on Sunday, Steam may have some of their better deals scooped from them. I know that more people buy off Steam than Amazon, but Amazon somehow gets discounts that not even Steam can match. I remember getting Dungeon Siege 3 there for $5 when it was still a $50 game on Steam.

Some of my Summer Steam sale budget may be heading to Amazon.

Wow what a great set of dailies today!

I think I'm gonna get Analogue: A Hate Story, Analogue: A Hate Story, and maybe Analogue: A Hate Story. I'm also thinking of getting Analogue: A Hate Story but I'm not sure yet...

JDS 2.0

Banned
This sucks so hard. Shitty daily. Weekend deal that everyone has. At this point I'll just expect the summer sale to be all indie games anyway. Twist the knife a little more Steam!

The problem is that, for the past two years, the Steam Summer Sale has started on the last Thursday in June.

That would've meant that this is the third year in a row in which that would've remained constant.

Third in a row.

Third.

Valve.

The battle was lost before it was fought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom