• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

volturnus

Banned
This sucks so hard. Shitty daily. Weekend deal that everyone has. At this point I'll just expect the summer sale to be all indie games anyway. Twist the knife a little more Steam!
Meanwhile Amazon has been doing some pretty aggressive deals like the current DA combo for $10.

Apdiddy

The fact that a game called Analogue: A Hate Story is the Steam daily deal convinces me someone at Valve reads NeoGAF....

I'm glad I downloaded the demo. $6 saved.

nyong

Banned
Are some people here serious?

Its just a sale *lol*
Steam Summer Sale is like Black Friday for gamers.

Imagine a frothing crowd outside Nordstroms the day after Thanksgiving arriving several hours early, only for the store to open at the scheduled time without the slightest difference in prices/inventory.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The problem is that, for the past two years, the Steam Summer Sale has started on the last Thursday in June.

That would've meant that this is the third year in a row in which that would've remained constant.

Third in a row.

Third.

Valve.

The battle was lost before it was fought.

Finally, a reasonable assumption based off multiple data points.

The problem is that, for the past two years, the Steam Summer Sale has started on the last Thursday in June.

That would've meant that this is the third year in a row in which that would've remained constant.

Third in a row.

Third.

Valve.

The battle was lost before it was fought.

Holy shit, it all makes sense now :( cant break the spell, cant count to 3.

feel

After being a PC gamer for a few weeks, I just googled and entered the Origin website for the first time. That'll teach you Gabe. Keep it up and I might even go as far as clicking around on the website.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The reason I'm upset it isn't today is I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I WILL SPEND THE REST OF MY WORKDAY NOW.

sazzy

how does this make sense for steam revenue-wise?

the gold pack is MORE expensive than the anthology?! (gold pack + original)

how?!

J41pv

http://imgur.com/J41pv

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Steam summer sale tomorrow!

If I were to buy a DoW game which would you recommend? I or II?

I am not really big on too much micromanagement...do these games have it? I haven't played a RTS in a while.

I am not really big on too much micromanagement...do these games have it? I haven't played a RTS in a while.

And when it's not tomorrow...

Steam summer sale Saturday!

Four S's there, so it defeats the cursed number three. That must be the date!

plc268

Steam Summer Sale is like Black Friday for gamers.

Imagine a frothing crowd outside Nordstroms the day after Thanksgiving arriving several hours early, only for the store to open at the scheduled time without the slightest difference in prices/inventory.

Except it's a sale that has only existed for two years. People are extrapolating supposed start times of said sale using two data points, and then get disappointed when their prediction is wrong.

Crayons

Banned
It's the meaning of life.

It is a curious thing, the steam sales. We all know that our wallets in this world are limited, and that eventually all of us will end up penniless. And yet it is always a surprise when you refresh the page to see - nothing. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.

nyong

Banned

Just start with Dawn of War II. I'm not the biggest strategy fan, but loved DoW II for it's small squad focus and RPG elements. Plays like a mix of Diablo and Company of Heroes.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Meanwhile Amazon has been doing some pretty aggressive deals like the current DA combo for $10.
But they don't activate on Steam...so I can't buy the DA games! I pass on a lot of sales if there is no Steam Key. I am so weak.

It is a curious thing, the steam sales. We all know that our wallets in this world are limited, and that eventually all of us will end up penniless. And yet it is always a surprise when you refresh the page to see - nothing. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.
Waiting for Gabot.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Serious Sam 75% off steam coupon code reward on raptr is live. It puts the coupon in your inventory and is tradable.

http://raptr.com/rewards/75-percent-off-serious-sam-3-bfe

Expires August 1. I assume it will stack with the summer sale price... if it ever happens.

Requirements:
To qualify, you must be ranked Amateur or above in one of the following first-person shooter games. (Run the Raptr PC Desktop App to track your PC gameplay hours and automatically rank up. Details on our ranking system here.)

Serious Sam (PC)
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter (PC)
Serious Sam 2 (PC)
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter (PC)
Serious Sam: The Greek Encounter (PC)
Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack! (PC)
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter (PC)
Battlefield 3 (PC)
Borderlands (PC)
Bulletstorm (PC)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PC)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PC)
Counter-Strike: Source (PC)
Doom 3 (PC)
Duke Nukem Forever (PC)
Rage (PC)
Team Fortress 2 (PC)

Earning the coupon funner than playing the reward confirmed.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I've always thought someone should make a Steam RPG with RPG Maker where you have to collect all the games in the Kingdom of Gaben.

The wizard Nigiro has spirited away all the games from the Steam Kingdom in a misguided effort to protect their IPs—but now, hidden away from everyone, they've begun to fade into obscurity and will eventually disappear. Beseeched by King Gaben, you are tasked to find and return them so the Sacred Summer Sale can commence. Join forces with the ogre Gog, the priestess Desura and G.G. the rog—

—okay, I'll stop. :(

Yeah, I wish Analogue's art was less shitty. I've read that it's reasonably well done, but I mean...it's a visual novel. The visual part is so essential that it's nearly impossible for me to excuse it when it looks this halfassed. It makes me wish the developer had just written a book or done some kinda text adventure instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom