• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyong

Banned
Except it's a sale that has only existed for two years. People are extrapolating supposed start times of said sale using two data points, and then get disappointed when their prediction is wrong.
Two years in a row in sales is establishing a pattern...or setting consumer expectations. Call it what you like. We aren't talking global warming here.

If they intend to switch things up significantly, some communication would be nice. They read the boards...they know we're expecting it (it's going to happen).

Wok

The fact that a game called Analogue: A Hate Story is the Steam daily deal convinces me someone at Valve reads NeoGAF....

I'm glad I downloaded the demo. $6 saved.

We are guinea pigs in a cage under the scrutiny of Gabe. This is not a game, Valve, this is not Bad Rats, this is life.

Binabik15

Guys, seeing Dawn of War 2 made me remember to install my new copy (gave the old one to my brother), but activating the cd key with Steam didn't work, went to the installation mu on the disk, it went through until a Steam window for the key pops up, but it still says invalid key. Now it's also a GFWL title, but the installation manager surely would bring up the GFWL window for me to put the key in, not Steam if it has to go there, right?

If not, I open up GFWL myself, put in the code and Steam gets the info, or what? Never had a dual game before.

It's a UK retail copy and German Steam, though, will this make it not work, or what? Never had troubles before, except for SR3, which has a special retard cut for Germany, but that worked with a little tunneling magic. Germany doesn't have a special DoW2 version.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
WTF is DoW 2 really GFWL or is it just for the multilayer? I don't want DRM on my DRM, but I will only be playing singleplayer.

louiedog

Requirements:

Earning the coupon funner than playing the reward confirmed.

Well, the reward is the coupon, not the game. I don't think it's designed to be fun. ;) Now, Coupon: The Movie: The Ride is designed to be fun and totally nails it.

I haven't played the game, but if it the game is 75% off in the next month (please come soon, Steam Sale) and the coupon stacks that'd bring it down to $2.50. Not too shabby, even if it isn't amazing.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
How long is Analogue? And by extension, how long is it's predecessor Digital: A Love Story?

Analogue is a bit longer than Digital, but still pretty short. About four-ish hours, I think? There are two very different story routes though, so it can be replayed for more.

ShaneB

Well now I'm just bummed out, and ready to spend 40 dollars on a game I'd actually play :( I'm not sure if I should feel bad, or good that I'd actually play something.
KuGsj.gif

:(

Petrie

Banned
So now I want to buy something. How is the new Penny Arcade game if you aren't a huge reader of the comic, but occasionally dabble?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Steam clan... Dawn of War II... will playing Dawn of War I first benefit my DoW II play through?

I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on the lot of it.

Thanks!

volturnus

Banned
But they don't activate on Steam...so I can't buy the DA games! I pass on a lot of sales if there is no Steam Key. I am so weak.
I understand when it's some kind of garage store and you don't know how long will you be able to download it again, e.g. people that don't buy non-steam games on GMG, but Amazon isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and their customer service is fucking miles ahead of steam.

The wizard Nigiro has spirited away all the games from the Steam Kingdom in a misguided effort to protect their IPs—but now, hidden away from everyone, they've begun to fade into obscurity and will eventually disappear. Beseeched by King Gaben, you are tasked to find and return them so the Sacred Summer Sale can commence. Join forces with the ogre Gog, the priestess Desura and G.G. the rog—

There we go, honorless has fleshed out a deep and rich story already.

Petrie

Banned
Looking through my Steam, I apparently still have a bunch of giftable copies of games I bought too many of during the last sale. Anyone have anything they're looking to swap? Have a bunch of copies of Sequence, Worms, Napoleon Total War, Empire Total War, Dungeon Defenders, Saints Row 2, Strong Bad Season 1, and Alien Breed 2. Shoot me a PM or something.

I understand when it's some kind of garage store and you don't know how long will you be able to download it again, e.g. people that don't buy non-steam games on GMG, but Amazon isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and their customer service is fucking miles ahead of steam.

Don't want to have a bunch of different stuff from different stores. Blizzard is the only exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom