• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ze Prince

Neo Member
I have 4 keys for king arthur the roleplaying wargame i got way back on ign prime if anyone wants one quote me and i'll pm you *GONE*

gdt

syrio-forel-1024.jpg

"What do you say to Steam GAF?"

"Not today."

Enco

You are really REALLY missing out. The cut scenes are so overblown on this forum it is almost comical. Yes they are frequent but I rather enjoyed the way the made the game feel. Max Payne 3 is one of my GOTY contenders so far if not the best 3rd person shooter I have played in many years.
Yea I don't get the people that say it's a movie.

It's NOTHING like games such as MGS4.

gdt

Yeah, its a lot of cutscenes, but gameplay is all you. Pretty oldschool too. Sparse checkpoints ( >_< ), difficulty, healthpacks, etc etc etc.

Amazing PC version too.

jgminto

I actually liked the cutscenes. They served as a breather between sections of combat. And I rarely felt they went on for too long. It also helps that I really enjoy R* stories. I did have a problem with them in the arcade modes but that's about it.

Derrick01

Banned
Yea I don't get the people that say it's a movie.

It's NOTHING like games such as MGS4.

It doesn't have cutscenes as long but they're probably more frequent and more annoying. I mean there's plenty where you get control only to walk over to a door and another cutscene starts. It's inexcusable, it's like they were trying to make a parody of the type of games I hate most nowadays.

Card Boy

Banned
You are really REALLY missing out. The cut scenes are so overblown on this forum it is almost comical. Yes they are frequent but I rather enjoyed the way the made the game feel. Max Payne 3 is one of my GOTY contenders so far if not the best 3rd person shooter I have played in many years.

Next time you play Max Payne 3 do me a favour and time how long it takes from one cutscene to another. I guarantee you won't go 5 minutes without another cutscene. The issue is not overblown and deserves WAY more scrutiny.

It doesn't have cutscenes as long but they're probably more frequent and more annoying. I mean there's plenty where you get control only to walk over to a door and another cutscene starts. It's inexcusable, it's like they were trying to make a parody of the type of games I hate most nowadays.

That's good to know. I've become less and less tolerant of this kind of thing. I don't mind some decent story presentation but when it interrupts gameplay too frequently, it turns me off. Binary Domain suffers from this issue somewhat as well. Not to the point that I'm not enjoying myself but I dread the moments when the camera pulls in close and I'm only able to walk slowly.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
http://wargame-ee.com/index.php?rub=news-infos&id=122

This is also the occasion for us to announce that Wargame: European Escalation will be, this very weekend, the subject of an exceptional offer on Steam, with an incredible discount of 50%! This incredible offer starts later today and will last till Monday 9th of July. This is definitely the perfect opportunity for everyone who was still hesitating, to step forward and acquire this exceptional strategy game!

No summer sale this weekend.

BioHazard

12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th

This whole thing has me so torn. On one hand, I really want to buy more games for my new pc....On the other hand, it's hard for me to justify buying any atm knowing that they'll all be on sale soon ><

1-D_FTW

Next time you play Max Payne 3 do me a favour and time how long it takes from one cutscene to another. I guarantee you won't go 5 minutes without another cutscene. The issue is not overblown and deserves WAY more scrutiny.

Perhaps it's time for me to delete from my wishlist. Sounds absolutely horrible (no matter how good the gameplay is in-between).

12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th12th

It's starting today, you say?!!!

gdt

Perhaps it's time for me to delete from my wishlist. Sounds absolutely horrible (no matter how good the gameplay is in-between).

I guess it depends if it bothers you. I didn't mind, cutscenes/story/direction was excellent. But, lots and lots of cutscenes. I think twice there were times where you finished a cutscene, walked to the door or something, then theres another cutscene haha.

gdt

Just finished Max Payne 3. Loved it. Not as Noir as the last two games, but thats fine by me, that shit annoyed me when I played them.

This will definitely get more playthroughs. Lengthy too.

This whole thing has me so torn. On one hand, I really want to buy more games for my new pc....On the other hand, it's hard for me to justify buying any atm knowing that they'll all be on sale soon ><

What games are you looking to buy? Over paying for 1 or 2 games probably wouldn't be the end of the world if you're looking to play something on your new PC but don't go crazy buying more than a couple because you will regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom