• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but it doesn't function properly. It stretches the window across all three screens.

The only game I've dealt with so far that integrates borderless window properly and remembers window location is Dota 2.

I'm not sure what Civ V is doing but it's pretty cool that there is an alt+tab cycle where the game is still in the background and then when I click back anywhere on the screen it's instantly full screen again. Just noticed this today. It's very cool. In fact, this window with gaf open is currently on top of my "fullscreen" Civ right now.

gabbo

The sale being delayed is Gabe's way of blackmailing a knife collector into selling him a particularly rare piece. The registry updates are used to tease the collector in question. We are all pawns in this cruel game.

Maybe he's been forging that crowbar as we saw in that Kickstarter, and forgot all about everything else, the sale included.

gdt

Then again, all versions of Alan Wake on PC include the two (shitty) bonus DLC chapters, and the current Gamersgate price for the standard version is $10.18.

The "Collector's Edition", on the other hand, only has in-game developer commentary videos, the soundtrack and a PDF book in addition to those.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaat?

The DLC was the best part of the game. Great unique mechanics.

haikira

Batman Arkham City: Robin Bundle
Batman Arkham City: Nightwing Bundle
Batman Arkham City: Challenge Map Pack
Batman Arkham City - Harley Quinn

Nice. 100% buying that pack then. Already have Asylum on steam and City on PS3. But I'd love to replay City on the PC and experience all the DLC i never got. Also wouldn't mind checking out imposters. If it's currently a bit low on players, i'm sure this bundle ought to put some life in it for a little bit too.

Does anyone have the gif of money being thrown at a laptop with Steam open?

steam_money0hibg.gif

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Don't think I'm interested in a single pack. I'm tried of adding games I don't want to my account, and it holds up the prices to titles I do want. Space Marine is a good example, 5$ is the limit I set myself too for it. I didn't care for the demo, but certain members here convinced me enough to give it a real try. This pack will include all DLC and be 10$, with the base game being 7.50 once again.

Sober

So what do you guys think are the chances of a solid endless space deal? Think we'll get a 50% or a measly 25-33%?
25% would be a surprise, as I think it was 25% early on when it came on Steam for pre-order for early access. It later became 10% for early access, so anything more than 25% would be crazy.

Jzero

So can someone clear this up please. Are games that are in a pack also on sale if you buy them separately or do yo have to buy them in a pack to get the discount?

So what do you guys think are the chances of a solid endless space deal? Think we'll get a 50% or a measly 25-33%?

25-33% is the best case scenario. It's near the top of the sales chart as well so I don't think they will feel the need to discount it any further.

So can someone clear this up please. Are games that are in a pack also on sale if you buy them separately or do yo have to buy them in a pack to get the discount?

They are usually individually discounted as well, but their total cost even after the discount will be more than what you can get the bundle for.

Derrick01

Banned
It just released. Very small.

I figured as much. I do want it but spending around 22-25 for it would be more than half of my entire steam sale funds. Guess we'll see how it all unfolds, I don't expect there will be much that I want since I'm banning myself from those crummy achievement-challenge indie games.

Joe Molotov

I just checked with Gabe and he said there's not going to be a sale.

Hope that clears everything up.

Chesskid1

Banned
any particular reason why walking dead is more expensive on PC ($25) then consoles ($20)? been looking to pick it up b/c of all the glowing reviews, pretty weird to see the PC vers cost more.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
any particular reason why walking dead is more expensive on PC ($25) then consoles ($20)? been looking to pick it up b/c of all the glowing reviews, pretty weird to see the PC vers cost more.

i thought only the PS3 got a deal for 20$
Either way its worth it though!

RyanDG

Dammit.

I've been in the mood to buy a grand space strategy game and really narrowed it down to Galactic Civilizations 2 Ultimate or Sword of the Stars complete and then I see the post earlier in the thread that looks like both games will more than likely be on sale as either individual packs or in a bundle for the Steam Sale (whenever that happens).

Now I'm sitting here hovering over the buy price wondering just how long I can wait to scratch this itch... And I don't want to play through MoO again.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've been playing bits and piece of Duke for the past 6 months. I just finished up TittyCity, so I'm like 2/5 of the way done I think. Its basically a terrible game where you can clearly see how many trends in shooters it took from the past 10 years.

As stated prior, there are far better games to play, but its not a terrible waste of money either.

AlexBasch

I really enjoyed my time with DNF, I bought it for that same price and it was a fun ride. This comes from someone who enjoys FPS (aka the cancer killing gaming etc) so take it as you like.

kswiston

in a buy 1 get 1 sale, can you just get 1 item and get it free?

For Steam sales the individual games are still on sale though. You might get the pack for like 86% off while each game in the pack is 50% off, with a few getting 75% off daily deals. The complete editions will be new his time around though. Not sure how they will work.

I wish the time I spent playing Duke Nukem Forever was spent elsewhere. When I first played it I liked it afterwards because my mind was clouded from the excitement of finally playing it after so long. Once that wore off I realized what a mediocre game it is and regretted buying it. I had it pre-ordered, too, so the realization that I spent $50 on it was angering.

mr. grape

I paid $1 for it and still felt like I paid too much. The game was the true definition of a piece of shit. The fact we had to wait over a decade for it just made it even worse.

I think its more of a love it or hate it type of game. I paid $1 and enjoyed it, thought it was worth up to $5.. but I went in with low expectations which may have helped.

Einbroch

Banned
With the BB B2G2 sale on 3DS games, Blacklight, Amazon sales, and GW2 beta weekend and release on the horizon, I just don't see myself buying anything but a potential Ys pack.

Sad. But my wallet is happy.

I decided to be a useless piece of shit and play Binary Domain all day.

Holy crap what a ride.

$10 is a steal for it.

It's also the best dating sim I've ever played. It's the only dating sim I've ever played so...

Megasoum

Banned
I decided to be a useless piece of shit and play Binary Domain all day.

Holy crap what a ride.

$10 is a steal for it.

It's also the best dating sim I've ever played. It's the only dating sim I've ever played so...

All this BD talks really makes me want to play it. Hopefully Steam will have it for 10$ too during the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom