• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

I decided to be a useless piece of shit and play Binary Domain all day.

Holy crap what a ride.

$10 is a steal for it.

It's also the best dating sim I've ever played. It's the only dating sim I've ever played so...
Is Binary Domain the stairs in this story then? Were you told of them?

Crayons

Banned
It's really hard to believe we've known the date all this time but a lot of us refused to believe it until a few days back.

I TOLD YOU BRO

etc

Now that that's out of the way, does "ride" mean cinematic style stuff like Uncharted or is it a great all around game?
it keeps happening

It has very few uncharted like cinematic setpieces. Can only remember like 2. Other than that you just shoot stuff. And talk to your teammates. So great all around game. I really liked the story (end game spoilers
but fuck did it fall apart at the end there. I feel they could have done something really cool with like the first 95% of good story and then it was just sort of a fart of an ending.
) sort of asimovian. I loved the characters. The shooting was like an 8/10. Better than competent and definitely fun. It still had some issues. You could tell it was like a first attempt, but it was still great. I'm thinking about playing it again, there's some choose your own adventure type stuff in it, that's made me curious enough to see how big the differences are.

Xyber

All this BD talks really makes me want to play it. Hopefully Steam will have it for 10$ too during the sale.

Why not just buy it on Amazon.com for $10 right now? =/ It activates on Steam anyway. If you don't live in US you can still make an account with a fake address and buy it.

Finally got around to beating Borderlands, two years after I bought it and all of the DLC in a sale. Played entirely solo and beat it with Brick. Game got really fun when the weapons started getting ludicrous and my skills with them were high enough about midway through.

Any particular order I should tackle the DLC?

Blizzard

Banned
Finally got around to beating Borderlands, two years after I bought it and all of the DLC in a sale. Played entirely solo and beat it with Brick. Game got really fun when the weapons started getting ludicrous and my skills with them were high enough about midway through.

Any particular order I should tackle the DLC?
I've never played the DLC, but the one common thing I seem to hear is that Fort Knox is the best, and Mad Moxxi's is the worst. :p

Salsa

Well I wasnt able to finish Binary Domain by saturday as Tony hoped (I blame the mp JC2 mod) but I did finished it today, and it was fucking awesome.

On the gameplay side it has some really satisfying shooting and great huge bosses and set pieces, but what really seals the deal for this game is the exposition.

The characters are awesome, memorable and just the right amount of goofy, lovable cliche b-movie types. As stated in the LTTP thread it reminds me of the Aliens crew for some reason. The story has some real interesting aspects and takes on the material it works upon, while still being batshit insane in a true SEGA way.

This is the Dreamcast 2 game we never got, buy it. Cant wait for Binary Domain 2.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
steam_money0hibg.gif
Can we get a Canadian version where they throw Loonies and Toonies at a laptop and them breaking the screen?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've never played the DLC, but the one common thing I seem to hear is that Fort Knox is the best, and Mad Moxxi's is the worst. :p

Oh, now I see why I was having trouble with the The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC -- it raises the level cap and I played it immediately after finishing the original campaign. This whole time I thought it was first out the door. :p

Looking at a wiki the order the came out in was The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mas Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knox and ClapTrap's New Robot Revolution. I think that's the order I'll play them in.

Mayyhem

Man, it figures that the year I finally decide to get into PC gaming, and build a PC for the first time is the year that steam sales don't happen at the end of June (I heard they usually happen around then).

I need to catch up on some PC gaming, Diablo III is starting to get boring. I hope the sales don't come in August or something

edit; btw I have 0 steam friends so if anybody wants to be a bro and add me to steam that would be nice :) ID is Mayyhem

Man, it figures that the year I finally decide to get into PC gaming, and build a PC for the first time is the year that steam sales don't happen at the end of June (I heard they usually happen around then).

I need to catch up on some PC gaming, Diablo III is starting to get boring. I hope the sales don't come in August or something

Nah, it'll be the 12th more or less, guess people didn't want to listen. I know this thread is for DD aficionados but if anyone lives in the U.S and wants a free Assassins Creed pack (AC1, AC2, Revelations) DVD's quote this post. It came with my Zotac 680 and I will never play them.

*edit* PM sent JetBlackPanda

Nah, it'll be the 12th more or less, guess people didn't want to listen. I know this thread is for DD aficionados but if anyone lives in the U.S and wants a free Assassins Creed pack (AC1, AC2, Revelations) DVD's quote this post. It came with my Zotac 680 and I will never play them.

Me?

Edit: Thanks Iblis you are awesome!

Look RIGHT UNDER the system requirements in the Product Description. Also many of us (myself included) successfully activated, it's been required for all Sega games as of late.

Oh wow, I thought it would be in the additional info slot like steam has it. My mistake, I'll be buying the game now.

Sober

Can we get a Canadian version where they throw Loonies and Toonies at a laptop and them breaking the screen?
If they get to throw Andrew Jacksons why can't we just throw Elizabeth II's at it? Answer me that!

(what I'm saying is fund me a new laptop and I will throw any amount of loonies and toonies at my old laptop)

If they get to throw Andrew Jacksons why can't we just throw Elizabeth II's at it? Answer me that!

(what I'm saying is fund me a new laptop and I will throw any amount of loonies and toonies at my old laptop)

If I had a better camera, I'd gladly throw some loonies at my old laptop. Really, it wouldn't get THAT beat-up.

Looking at a wiki the order the came out in was The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mas Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knox and ClapTrap's New Robot Revolution. I think that's the order I'll play them in.

That's probably the best way to do it. Claptrap's revolution should definitely be done last because of some of the character's in it. Moxxi's is truly awful and I'd suggest you'd skip it unless you get online and play it with others. It's nothing but arena challenges, and the longer ones are 100 rounds long. They can take hours and you have to do each of them in one sitting.

That's probably the best way to do it. Claptrap's revolution should definitely be done last because of some of the character's in it. Moxxi's is truly awful and I'd suggest you'd skip it unless you get online and play it with others. It's nothing but arena challenges, and the longer ones are 100 rounds long. They can take hours and you have to do each of them in one sitting.

Yeah, Mad Moxxi just sucks. The battles are long and tedious and you get no experience and no loot from enemies. It also scales all the enemies to your level no matter how many people you're playing with; if you play solo it can get incredibly hard (or at least time consuming) and if you play with other people it gets easier the more you have in your party.

I can't even remember what the benefits of the DLC are; there's the bank which is nice, and I think you might get a few extra points to spend on abilities, but that's it.

Salsa

somehow the just cause 2 multiplayer mod gave me an INSANE craving for DayZ, even more so than before.

c'mon dammit

Megasoum

Banned
Why not just buy it on Amazon.com for $10 right now? =/ It activates on Steam anyway. If you don't live in US you can still make an account with a fake address and buy it.

Uh... Why not just buy it from Amazon?

I can't buy anything on Amazon right now. I'm in Canada and because my bank is run by a bunch of stupid people I can't use my CC right now. And since they don't support paypal then I can't do anything.

Believe me, I'd love to support Tony who's been doing an amazing job here.

I can't buy anything on Amazon right now. I'm in Canada and because my bank is run by a bunch of stupid people I can't use my CC right now. And since they don't support paypal then I can't do anything.

Believe me, I'd love to support Tony who's been doing an amazing job here.
Maybe someone nice will buy it for you and you can send them the money via paypal.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Random Steam codes, quote:

BEEP

Xotic

Sideway New York

Humble Indie Bundle #3

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Whoops, forgot some. Current Indiegala Steam codes, quote:

Commandos Behind Enemy Lines

The Void