• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

That reminds me...

I'm going to make this little more interesting/annoying, because you're getting free shit. I don't want any single person to grab all of them but I'm also too lazy to make a separate post for every code, so this is how it works: Each of these have a missing character at the very end. Either a number from 0-9 or a letter from A-Z.

Quote to reveal. Get guessing and good luck, because there are some stinkers in there. ^_^

Here's three more, but because they are DLC I'll tell you upfront what they are. These codes are complete, so first come first served.

Sanctum Violator
Sanctum Penetrator
ARES Berzerker Suit

Milamber

6pHNC.png

stlobus

Whoops, forgot some. Current Indiegala Steam codes, quote:

Commandos Behind Enemy Lines

The Void

Commandos Beyond the Call of Duty

Commandos 2: Men of Courage

Ion Assault

Air Conflicts Secret Wars

Cargo: Quest for Gravity

Commandos 3 Destination Berlin

Trauma

I grabbed The Void. Thank you very much.

Finalow

The Void

Ion Assault

Trauma
ok nvm. guess I'm late.

Deques

The Void

Ion Assault

Trauma

wanted to grab ion assault. but someone else got it :/

PaulLFC

I see Eurogamer are running the "leaked" bundles story, crediting Reddit also. I guess they don't read GAF, or they might have actually reported the news on time ;)

Berto

The Void

Ion Assault

Trauma

Grabbed Trauma! Thanks =)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Last one! Indieroyale Summer Bundle Steam keys, quote:

Harvest: Massive Encounter

Serious Sam 2

Gundemonium Collection (all 3 games)

? AirMech

Desura key for entire bundle :

Another Desura key:

Deques

Last one! Indieroyale Summer Bundle Steam keys, quote:

Harvest: Massive Encounter

Serious Sam 2

Gundemonium Collection (all 3 games)

AirMech

Desura key for entire bundle :

Sorry for the spams.

really nice of you give away stuff. I grab none because i got the bundle already :p

gdt

That reminds me...

I'm going to make this little more interesting/annoying, because you're getting free shit. I don't want any single person to grab all of them but I'm also too lazy to make a separate post for every code, so this is how it works: Each of these have a missing character at the very end. Either a number from 0-9 or a letter from A-Z.

Quote to reveal. Get guessing and good luck, because there are some stinkers in there. ^_^

Here's three more, but because they are DLC I'll tell you upfront what they are. These codes are complete, so first come first served.

Sanctum Violator
Sanctum Penetrator
ARES Berzerker Suit

Took the ARES Suit, thanks.

I see Eurogamer are running the "leaked" bundles story, crediting Reddit also. I guess they don't read GAF, or they might have actually reported the news on time ;)

Is this a record for the number of rotations of the GAF => internet => GAF cycle for one story?

If the list is true, only Ys will be bought. Have almost all the other games from some indiebundles or these "Day 5: Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana" Bundles?

Rufus

That reminds me...

Sanctum Violator
Sanctum Penetrator
ARES Berzerker Suit

hygea

Neo Member
That reminds me...

Does these even work? Tried a few without any luck, it should show up as used if it worked right?

PaulLFC

Have you tried emailing these people?
I did comment on the Eurogamer article but I've not emailed them, I'm not too concerned that they're quoting Reddit as the info is publicly available, but they could at least check their facts first and make sure the bundle list is complete and correct.

xelios

Does these even work? Tried a few without any luck, it should show up as used if it worked right?

The problem is (afaik) when you try a bunch of invalid keys in a row Steam needs a break before it will recognize valid ones.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I took Harvest, Xelios. Weird thing is, it said that it was the Gundemonium Collection when I redeemed it, but it still gave me Harvest. Strange. :lol

xelios

That's weird. How long does it stay broken for?

Dunno but I have a friend who tried a used key here several times then when I gave him the key for the game he wanted from a new bundle it still says invalid, so I'm guessing that's what it is.

Dunno but I have a friend who tried a used key here several times then when I gave him the key for the game he wanted from a new bundle it still says invalid, so I'm guessing that's what it is.

U still have the Humble Bundle 3? I already have it but a friend of mine politely wants to ask if u might share it with him *haha*

Damn. Mine is broken atm. A Steam restart doesn't fix it either.

MRORANGE

My brother's friend's who's older uncle's step son who is with his ex finance who has a adopted daughter who has a unknown twin sister who knows the local grocery clerk who is friend's with the person who is a janitor at Valve HQ said that the Steam Sale is today

#legitimate source

PaulLFC

My brother's friend's who's older uncle's step son who is with his ex finance who has a adopted daughter who has a unknown twin sister who knows the local grocery clerk who is friend's with the person who is a janitor at Valve HQ said that the Steam Sale is today

#legitimate source
Good enough for me, SALE CONFIRMED

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

#legitimate source

Well I'm hyped.

PaulLFC

GAF (original lists) -> Internet (Reddit) -> GAF -> Internet (Reddit again...) -> GAF -> Internet (Eurogamer) -> GAF -> Internet (MCV)

How many more stops on the news merry-go-round?

PaulLFC

Yes I noticed! But what about the daily deals?
Those won't be known until the day of sale, they're not labelled as daily deals in the registry. The best we can do is either see which games were last updated and make guesses from there, or find the sale banner images as someone managed to do last year.

GAF (original lists) -> Internet (Reddit) -> GAF -> Internet (Reddit again...) -> GAF -> Internet (Eurogamer) -> GAF -> Internet (MCV)

How many more stops on the news merry-go-round?

Internet (MCV) -> Valve (Changes packages to troll)

#legitimate source

Spent the last 4 days or so camped in the EVO thread. Looks like I am still up to date with this one :p

Zat

Neo Member
Yes I noticed! But what about the daily deals?

Exactly. I doubt your wallet will remain unmolested after all.

What the registry can never tell us is which individual games are going to be daily deals and at how big discount. I've never been into dev or indie bundles during the big Steam sales myself; the daily deals is where it's at.

Rufus

Maybe Rufus' idea, while noble, wasn't really the best. :lol Hope we can redeem codes again soon.

Well, shit. ._.
It's a security feature, I suppose. Could have thought of that... Oh well, guess I'll just scrap the digit guessing thing.

OK, so now they are complete, but I still won't tell you what they are. Tell me which don't work so I can strike them off.

3 gone
4 (these might
5 be gone
6 as well)
7 poof

Two DLC codes left as well.

Sanctum Violator
Sanctum Penetrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom