• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Indy 4 is indeed awesome, has a really good story to it. I assume most point'n'click fans have played it, but if not, now's a good time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I got Men of War: Red Tide some time ago and it only uses one CPU core. Kind of annoying.

DTKT

If anyone wants to buy a Men of War game, I highly recommend vanilla Men of War, Red tide and Assault Squad.

Do not buy Condemned Heroes and Vietnam. Those two are terrible games with piss poor missions design, small squad focused and stupid difficulty.

I have to add that I was playing alone. Any game might be better coop. Hell, I even had fun playing Kane and Lynch with my cousin.

Chronoja

If anyone wants to buy a Men of War game, I highly recommend vanilla Men of War, Red tide and Assault Squad.

Do not buy Condemned Heroes and Vietnam. Those two are terrible games with piss poor missions design, small squad focused and stupid difficulty.

I wish people would stop "recommending" the men of war games like this. Each Men of War game emphasises various aspects of the gameplay. Assault squad has emphasis on larger group combat while Nam focuses mainly on smaller squads, what that means is the gameplay will appeal to different people.

It was this kind of blanket recommendation that almost made me not get Men of War: Vietnam. A friend and I have played the entire campaign of the original Men of War and Vietnam coop and had an absolute blast. Vietnams focus on smaller squads play on its elements of stealth and scavenging to maximise your success and was literally the exact type of game we were looking for at the time. By contrast everyone applauds Assault Squad, and as "good" as it is it wasn't the type of game we were looking for, we didn't want large rts style combat and boring repetative skirmish style maps. If the difficulty was as such then we didn't notice because we did the entire campaign without the ability to save, failures of course result in having to redo the map but that rarely happened. You just have to think and plan your actions more instead of rushing in, with the safety net of reinforcements.

The end point is this: Judge for yourself. People who like Assault Squad tend to hate Nam and vice versa, it doesn't mean either is a truely bad game. The original Men of War campaign has a healthy dose of both types of gameplay and is the safest bet by far.

Baha

And we get another Midweek Madness deal, Games with Cubes Pack. It contains the following:

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
Blocks That Matter
Critical Mass
EDGE
Q.U.B.E.
RUSH

for $10. Oh and if you already own one of the titles in the pack, you'll receive an extra copy of that game to give to a friend!

*wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

Grim, SWAT4 and the Last Express are my most wanted for Steam. It'd be smart for someone to make an unofficial Steam wishlist poll and let thousands of users vote on it so publishers'd take notice.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Cube pack is tempting, but I really only want Q.U.B.E., and I imagine it might be cheaper than $10 during summer sale

Baha

Grim, SWAT4 and the Last Express are my most wanted for Steam. It'd be smart for someone to make an unofficial Steam wishlist poll and let thousands of users vote on it so publishers'd take notice.

Add Condemned: Criminal Origins to that list, really wondering why SEGA hasn't put that up on steam yet.

Last express is on GoG.

Swat 4 disappeared from d2d after gamefly iirc so good luck there.

And grim is well...

I just want monkey Island 3 again :(
the best monkey Island

Wok

And we get another Midweek Madness deal, Games with Cubes Pack. It contains the following:

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
Blocks That Matter
Critical Mass
EDGE
Q.U.B.E.
RUSH

for $10. Oh and if you already own one of the titles in the pack, you'll receive an extra copy of that game to give to a friend!

*wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

I attest Blocks That Matter is a really good puzzle-platformer.

Phew, thankfully my first game is...

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
2075399-awesome_2011_11_20_14_55_18_93_large.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_3lA8iFN0

OK, so I'm really enjoying this and I'm now wondering why I never bothered to really play it until now. Its simple yet addictive and somewhat complex in points. 'Extreme Puzzle' game.

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
Blocks That Matter
Critical Mass
EDGE
Q.U.B.E.
RUSH

*wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

Already own all the games except for Q.U.B.E. :|

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
Blocks That Matter
Critical Mass
EDGE
Q.U.B.E.
RUSH

*wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

That's actually a pretty good deal. Too bad I have them all except Q.U.B.E. Would have gotten the pack if I was missing a few.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
Blocks That Matter
Critical Mass
EDGE
Q.U.B.E.
RUSH

*wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

Uncharacteristic of Steam--no discounts on any of the individual games.

Bentendo

I'm sure many have said this before, and many have died trying, but...

I'm going to go through every game in my Steam Account and play it until I finish it, or in the case that its an open ended style game, played it until I no longer enjoy it.

I will do this alphabetically, starting... today with the aim to have finished before Summer Sale 2013 (providing we don't all explode in December).

How many games do you own. I'd like to do this with you once I get my laptop here in (hopefully) a week or so.

jediyoshi

Last few screenshots of Fray all look like they're from different games. Wish there was a demo up, not getting much from the trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom