• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. If I pre-order a game on Steam with pre-order items as a gift, do I get the pre-order bonuses if I activate the gift after the release date? I'm thinking of getting Sleeping Dogs.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I just bought it; I am part of the problem. :(
Is the framerate in Iron Brigade locked to 30?

nvm, it is. So much for that.

Iron Brigade PC is locked to a max of 30 fps. This makes me very angry. What can I do about it?

As of this writing, Iron Brigade PC is a faithful port of the console version and is capped to 30 fps. There is no way to work around this setting, but Double Fine is trying to find the time to modify our engine to support uncapped rendering. If and when we do this, it will be made available on all Buddha engine games (Stacking, CQ, etc).

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/7466/

HoosTrax

I have an ultra-awesome powerful GPU and want to run Iron Brigade at the absolute maximum quality settings. How can I do this?

First off, select the maximum resolution that your monitor suppors. Then, launch the game with the secret command line options -ssaa2x or -ssaa4x. This will run the game with super sampled aliasing, either double the base res or quadruple the base res. It’s the finest anti-aliasing money can buy.
This doesn't look like a very demanding game. Why make typical AA settings "super secret" instead of just putting them in the graphics menu.

Is the framerate in Iron Brigade locked to 30?

nvm, it is. So much for that.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/7466/
Hmmm...

*Iron Brigade PC requires Games for Windows Live, but I hates it! It burns! Why do you require GfWL? Why?!?*
Iron Brigade PC uses Games for Windows Live at the request of our publisher, Microsoft. IB PC uses Games for Windows Live for matchmaking, achievements, friends lists, and rich presence. It also guarantees that fans of IB on the 360 will have a very similar experience on IB PC.

JordanKZ

http://steamcommunity.com/communitycontent

This been posted yet?

Steam Announces Major Update to Steam Community
Press Release - Valve
New features announced each day this week, beta access available soon

August 13, 2012--Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced a major update coming to the Steam Community.

This update focuses on highlighting and enabling the best user-created screenshots, videos, and Workshop items for games across Steam while making it easier for the community to discuss their favorite games.

Every game on Steam will have a new Game Hub. The Hubs highlight the most popular user-created screenshots, videos, and Steam Workshop items as rated by the community and combine it with related news, discussions, and comments for the game all in one central location.

"The New Steam Community is all about showing off the best content that gamers have created," says Emily Kent at Valve. "With over 89 million screenshots, videos, Steam Workshop maps, levels, mods, and items, plus news articles and product updates, the community has created an unbelievable wealth of content around their favorite games."

Steam is a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC and Mac games and digital entertainment, with over 40 million accounts around the world and over 2000 titles offered.

Check back each day (August 13-16th) for a preview of a new set of features at www.steamcommunity.com/communitycontent.

HoosTrax

Grrr, the remote installer is no-worky. I hit the download icon and it just goes from light gray to dark gray without initiating a download.

That reminds me -- no more buying games until I get some more hard drives. Maybe it's acting flakey because I only have a few dozen gigs left.

eyeless

started bulletstorm and it crashed right at the end of what seemed to be the introductory section

should i expect crashes to be a regular occurrence, anyone else have this problem, is there a way to fix it?

HoosTrax

Faithful console port, herp derp.
I'll have to remember that one if I ever decide to make no effort in making a good PC port.

Edit: Well I tried using the remote control to install RotMM (only 40MB), and that worked. So maybe it's just being uncooperative if I try to install anything large. Or I'll get home and find that it actually did start downloading the other games and I'll have no HDD space left.

HoosTrax

I would like them to improve the categorization (is that a word?) of the Steam catalog. Maybe community generated tags or something. Basically make it easier to find games of specific genres. Lumping Activision's Prototype 2 together with point-and-click games both under "Adventure" is useless.

started bulletstorm and it crashed right at the end of what seemed to be the introductory section

should i expect crashes to be a regular occurrence, anyone else have this problem, is there a way to fix it?

I haven't had this issue. Have you done the usual verifying game files and what not?

I would like them to improve the categorization (is that a word?) of the Steam catalog. Maybe community generated tags or something. Basically make it easier to find games of specific genres. Lumping Activision's Prototype 2 together with point-and-click games both under "Adventure" is useless.

Yeah, that makes browsing annoying to do.

Valve conspicuously omits genres they obviously should have, like first and third person shooters, you can find those under Action or Adventure. You'll also find 4x strategy games, tower defence games, top down racers, Japanese schmups, puzzle games and platformers under Action or Adventure.

The categories on the store front are giant, lazy catch-alls. I don't understand the reluctance to have more specific ones that would make navigating the store faster and easier.
There also desperately needs to be a way to filter out every free to play game they add to the store.

HoosTrax

Valve conspicuously omits genres they obviously should have, like first and third person shooters, you can find those under Action or Adventure. You'll also find 4x strategy games, tower defence games, top down racers, Japanese schmups, puzzle games and platformers under Action.

The categories on the store front are giant,m lazy catch-alls. I don't understand the reluctance to have more specific ones that would make navigating the store faster and easier.
There also desperately needs to be a way to filter out every free to play game they add to the store.
Yeah if they're not going to do it properly themselves, they should allow people to add "games similar to this" recommendations and genre tags on a game's product page.

Damn Binary Domain is an annoying borefest.

ibkbbhSvSQB0ph.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom