• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This was a really hard level for me too.

Tried again today, solved it immediately. Taking a break from hard puzzles is often a good strategy it seems.

The rewind function is a godsend in this game, something I wish Blocks that Matter had as well.

Is there a mod for Civ V: Gods & Kings that doesn't allow the A.I. to religion bomb you without open borders? I've looked on the Civ V Steamworkshop under Improvements, Religion and Gods & Kings. People have added more religions, religious schisms, flags, new Civs, tweaked units, tweaked buildings, added wonders and so on but no one, no one has touched religious emissaries and how they can cross your border whether you want them to or not? How you literally have no recourse but to try and wall them off with you own units or sieze them and declare war. There's no diplomatic options? Really?

Can't believe I re-installed this game, I should just play Crusader Kings II or EU3.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is there a mod for Civ V: Gods & Kings that doesn't allow the A.I. to religion bomb you without open borders? I've looked on the Civ V Steamworkshop under Improvements, Religion and Gods & Kings. People have added more religions, religious schisms, flags, new Civs, tweaked units, tweaked buildings, added wonders and so on but no one, no one has touched religious emissaries and how they can cross your border whether you want them to or not? How you literally have no recourse but to try and wall them off with you own units or sieze them and declare war. There's no diplomatic options? Really?

Can't believe I re-installed this game, I should just play Crusader Kings II or EU3.

Or GalCiv2, which is either the best, or second best civ game (according to who you ask) anyway.

Sye d'Burns

Or GalCiv2, which is either the best, or second best civ game (according to who you ask) anyway.

No. Crusader Kings II!

Man, I pulled an all-nighter on that game again Saturday night. My only complaint is that it gets a little too easy to become 'big' once you've got the mechanics down. I've found new challenge in limiting myself, by trying to become the power behind the throne, rather than rule from the throne itself. It's so damned consuming.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
No. Crusader Kings II!

Man, I pulled an all-nighter on that game again Saturday night. My only complaint is that it gets a little too easy to become 'big' once you've got the mechanics down. I've found new challenge in limiting myself, by trying to become the power behind the throne, rather than rule from the throne itself. It's so damned consuming.

Haha, I dont consider the Paradox games "Civ" games, though :) They are their own little niche. Was just mentioning GalCiv2 since he actually wanted to play a Civ game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd like to know what Gearbox employees were thinking when they agreed not to include any fast travel stations in the Borderlands DLC campaigns.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Dear Steam, plz give Iron Brigade nao.

I'd like to know what Gearbox employees were thinking when they agreed not to include any fast travel stations in the Borderlands DLC campaigns.

It gets quite annoying when you want to hand in some missions, especially on Knoxx. Quicker to quit and reload when you have nothing else to do in that area.

Sye d'Burns

Haha, I dont consider the Paradox games "Civ" games, though :) They are their own little niche. Was just mentioning GalCiv2 since he actually wanted to play a Civ game.

I know. I was just saying (read screaming) "don't distract him!" I need people to feel what I'm feeling. It's lonely in ckiiGAF.

Toma

I know. I was just saying (read screaming) "don't distract him!" I need people to feel what I'm feeling. It's lonely in ckiiGAF.

Aw, makes me want to join you all the more. If I find the time after finally finishing this damn term paper.

Yep, played through the DLC missions this past week. One spawn point per DLC is absurd. Apart from this, they used every trick in the book to pad out the length of the DLCs. Infinite respawning enemies in Dr. Ned. Driving up and down long stretches of road (and being forced to disembark at times) in Knoxx. And a bonafide maze for level design in Claptrap's Revolution.

The DLCs are definitely a rung below the base game in quality.

JaseC

It gets quite annoying when you want to hand in some missions, especially on Knoxx. Quicker to quit and reload when you have nothing else to do in that area.

Ned was manageable since the areas were all rather small, but...

Yep, played through the DLC missions this past week. One spawn point per DLC is absurd. Apart from this, they used every trick in the book to pad out the length of the DLCs. Infinite respawning enemies in Dr. Ned. Driving up and down long stretches of road (and being forced to disembark at times) in Knoxx. And a bonafide maze for level design in Claptrap's Revolution.

The DLCs are definitely a rung below the base game in quality.

...this is where it really bothers me. If I quit the game right now, I'd have to work my way through a few rather long transition areas to get back to the mission marker. Utterly stupid. I think I'll just pause the game and leave it running overnight.

JaseC

Ned was manageable since the areas were all rather small, but...

...this is where it really bothers me. If I quit the game right now, I'd have to work my way through a few rather long transition areas to get back to the mission marker. Utterly stupid. I think I'll just pause the game and leave it running overnight.

And, my luck being what it is, the power just briefly cut out.

HoosTrax

It's weird for most everyone besides Stallion Free. (there may be some key detail that makes it accurate or not accurate but I'm not sure what it is)
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it keeps logging hours even when you're alt-tabbed. And it also keeps logging when you leave things like uPlay running after you exit the main game client.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it keeps logging hours even when you're alt-tabbed. And it also keeps logging when you leave things like uPlay running after you exit the main game client.

...Because it still assumes you are in-game playing??? Valve hasn't invented tech to make sure you are tabbed in and actually playing these games that use none of their features, sorry. All they can go off of is the defined .exe being open.

Fireblend

Banned
Is it me or is Steam's timekeeper functionality kinda wonky?

I've heard people complain about it but it works fine for me, or at least well enough for me to accept what it tracks. I just wish it could also track the time spent in non-Steam games, I would've easily reached 60 hours last week if it did. Also, I rarely alt-tab from a game; it seems logical that Steam can't tell if you're actually playing or not. I guess if Steam really cared it could provide developers with a start/pause API for time tracking which would allow to track actual gameplay time, but I'm sure that functionality is not exactly critical :p

Is it me or is Steam's timekeeper functionality kinda wonky?

It seems to me like they delete hours played on a game after a certain amount of time, for example, I have logged over 700 hours of Counter Strike Source on Steam via Xfire but Steam thinks I have only played for like 100 hours.

HoosTrax

It seems to me like they delete hours played on a game after a certain amount of time, for example, I have logged over 700 hours of Counter Strike Source on Steam via Xfire but Steam thinks I have only played for like 100 hours.
I haven't seen that happen. Steam has only been recording playtime for a few years. My TF2 playtime as recorded by the TF2 client itself is a lot higher than what Steam lists because I played most of my hours before Steam had the playtime functionality.

I haven't seen that happen. Steam has only been recording playtime for a few years. My TF2 playtime as recorded by the TF2 client itself is a lot higher than what Steam lists because I played most of my hours before Steam had the playtime functionality.

This would explain my Counter Strike playtime perfectly actually.

Rapstah

In some cases, Steam fails to register when you turn off a game, making it register all time as played until you do something that makes it realise you're not playing anymore. This seems to happen the most with games with weird third-party launchers (like Wings of Prey or Witcher 2). My account has 44 hours of Wings of Prey logged but I haven't played more than five.

ShaneB

Don't know if I want to play Binary Domain or Fallout New Vegas(Modded of course) next.

Weird, I'm in that exact situation. I started playing New Vegas, and while I love it in a Fallout sense, I worry it's just not the type of game I want to sink 50+ hours into right now like I did with Fallout 3 early this year. I'm 10 hours in, and whenever I play, I can't help but feel lonely and desolate.

But I was gifted Binary Domain and was playing that over the weekend, and it's far from perfect, but man it is just damn fun.

garath

So Gamestop was pretty generous to me (I know.. crazy right) especially with the $80 for my old 1st gen 360 and I ended up with $200 in steam gift cards and $10 in League of Legends RP.

Hopefully this will cover my game purchases for the next year if I play the sales right. I couldn't resist the sleeping dogs pre-order though. Too bad Dishonored has no discount to speak of. I can't bring myself to pay a $60 pre-order for a PC game no matter how much I want it.

Bring on the Winter sale! lol.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So guys.

How long do I have to play Titan Quest: Immortal Throne before it stops being boring as shit?

ShaneB

I've been enjoying Binary Domain. There are plenty of issues with it, and maybe I'm just shootered out lately, but I keep playing because it gets crazier and crazier and just over the top fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom