• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to make a huge mistake with five bucks, unless that mistake leaves you with a venereal disease. I hated L.A. Noire but I'd say you are probably fine.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hard to make a huge mistake with five bucks, unless that mistake leaves you with a venereal disease. I hated L.A. Noire but I'd say you are probably fine.

Don't buy Fray or Eternities Child, not even for 1$. Believe me, its a mistake.

Wok

Don't buy Fray or Eternities Child, not even for 1$. Believe me, its a mistake.

Believe this guy. I tried the demo of Eternity's Child and I also did not like it. Not every cheap game is worth your time. Sometimes, games need to be polished to be fun.

People blow LA Noires faults way out of proportion.

It's got issues, but it's still a good time.
Yup. Fun game, especially if you play with a friend. Sitting on the couch, discussing whether you think the person is lying or not. Drinking if you get it wrong. Def. worth the $5 price tag.

Weenerz

Banned
Ok, this buying PC games with deep discounts is going to be my financial ruin. :p

I just saw Just Cause 2 for $3.74 at GamersGate - http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-JC2/just-cause-2

Im seriously thinking about getting it even though I have already played the hell out of it on PS3.

:-D

Also, Orcs Must Die - $7.50. Good price or it will be cheaper during Summer Sale?

Wait for the sale with Orcs Must Die, I mean it's worth it at regular price, but the sale will be here soonish and I think it was like $3 during winter.

Gav47

The game itself is great imo but as I found out above apparently the PC port is poor.

Its always ran fine for me although I have seen posts that suggest it doesn't run well on AMD cards. I'm guessing most people label it a poor port because it runs at 30fps because of the way the facial animations were recorded. Its definitely worth $5 imo.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Ok, this buying PC games with deep discounts is going to be my financial ruin. :p

I just saw Just Cause 2 for $3.74 at GamersGate - http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-JC2/just-cause-2

Im seriously thinking about getting it even though I have already played the hell out of it on PS3.

:-D

Also, Orcs Must Die - $7.50. Good price or it will be cheaper during Summer Sale?

So buying Just Cause 2, thank you! I already beat it and sunk sooo many hours into it on 360, I'm willing to do the same again.

Also, if the Steam sale isn't tomorrow it would be the perfect time for Amazon to do some massive sales. ;) Please Amazon. PLEASE.

Wait for the sale with Orcs Must Die, I mean it's worth it at regular price, but the sale will be here soonish and I think it was like $3 during winter.

Yeah, its better to wait.

Just Cause 2 is amazing on PC. Get it for mods!

Oh man! Dont tempt so much! :(

I fear for my sanity during the summer sale. :D

So buying Just Cause 2, thank you! I already beat it and sunk sooo many hours into it on 360, I'm willing to do the same again.

Also, if the Steam sale isn't tomorrow it would be the perfect time for Amazon to do some massive sales. ;) Please Amazon. PLEASE.

We're all just addicts reinforcing each others vice arent we? :)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Already played through Just Cause 2 on consoles, might buy it to give it a go on PC.

Never bought anything on gamersgate yet, i guess it's safe ? Wonder if it can go cheaper during the steam summer sale.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Been playing some Sonic 4 Episode 1, and its not to bad. The game isn't that well crafted, but it is a nice 2 hour platforming romp. The dessission with the sound just confuses me though. Their boss music is too happy, there is no music on the special stages, and they mixed Sonic Adventure Sounds, classic sounds, and some really crappy new sounds effects (The Life sound is just dumb). Physics are wonky like others have said, but the game is not annoying hard, or boring. I would say the game isn't a bad buy for $2.50.

kami_sama

Already played through Just Cause 2 on consoles, might buy it to give it a go on PC.

Never bought anything on gamersgate yet, i guess it's safe ? Wonder if it can go cheaper during the steam summer sale.
I don't think it will go cheaper, and yes, gamersgate is safe, it's owned by paradox, bought some things there and I had no problem.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
3.75 for Just Cause 2 is a good price. There's a chance that it'll be cheaper on the Summer Sale, but it won't be much cheaper. Then again, who can complain about 1,25 price difference? Sure, it's the DLC... but it's one Dollar!

Orcs must Die is hella expensive at 7,50. Just wait for the Daily Deal.

For three dollars 74 cents, probably worth it even if you only grab a trainer and use that to muck around with. Infinite ropes a go-go.

Blizzard

Banned
Do NOT buy Orcs Must Die for $7.50. That game has been thoroughly devalued by steam sales and is now not worth more than $2.50.
I can't even tell who's joking about this anymore. I know EA started it but I'm not sure if it went through some sort of metajoke stage to a serious thing.

I mean yes, it may well be cheaper on sale, but it's probably still a decent game that's "worth" $7.50.

dLMN8R

I can't even tell who's joking about this anymore. I know EA started it but I'm not sure if it went through some sort of metajoke stage to a serious thing.

Yeah......

Orcs Must Die is a great game, easily worth $7.50. It might go on for sale cheaper, it has been on sale for cheaper previously, but if you want to play it now, you can't go wrong for $7.50.

3.75 for Just Cause 2 is a good price. There's a chance that it'll be cheaper on the Summer Sale, but it won't be much cheaper. Then again, who can complain about 1,25 price difference? Sure, it's the DLC... but it's one Dollar!

Orcs must Die is hella expensive at 7,50. Just wait for the Daily Deal.

For three dollars 74 cents, probably worth it even if you only grab a trainer and use that to muck around with. Infinite ropes a go-go.

People! People! Im already convinced. You can stop selling.

I think game developers should just pay us. We do a better job at marketing than they do. :D

steam_summer_sales_toj2q5n.gif

Koroviev

Have never had any issues with GG. Just grab the key and register the game on Steam.

1-D_FTW

After thinking about it, it would make sense for the sale to start with the 4th. A major holiday and it is in the middle of the week. At least if that were the case we only have to wait one more week. That's not so bad right?

I go the other way. I think there's a lot to be said for not having to run such a massive operation during the heart of the summer holiday. If they've backed things up, it's because they've wanted to get away from that. I find it hard to imagine they would delay things and then start it on the 4th.

I mean yes, it may well be cheaper on sale, but it's probably still a decent game that's "worth" $7.50.

It's worth $10.

Buy the fuck out of it.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD

It's so much better on PC. I put like 50 hours or so into the 360 version, probably much more actually, and then I bought it for PC this spring. It's my most played game on Steam by far. The mods make it great, but the game is a STUNNER on PC. It's incredibly good looking. I mean, it was pretty on the consoles but it can't come close to the majesty of it running on PC.

I find when I want to play a more involving game I wind up firing Just Cause up instead and dinking around for a couple hours. It's a great sandbox but it serves to ruin my plans for other games too often. It's super easy to pick up and put down.

Smash88

Banned
So........

What's with the people spouting the Steam sale is mid-July without any pictures or quotes to back it up?

You know what, I heard some Devs talking and they said mid-August is when the Summer Sale is....

You heard it here first folks!

Smash88

Banned

Yeah....I'm going to believe when I see it. Plus I kind of want a confirmation from Valve, not a random 3rd party dev that could potentially be trolling.

EDIT:

Oh look at that Nabs, what do we have here.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31270801&postcount=14

If you don't want to open the link, Dev just said he is guessing to as he heard it from another Dev.

Derrick01

Banned
More amazon news on the sale they're going to have pretty soon, within the next week I guess.

Amazon Video Gamer said:
P.S. Did I mention Spec Ops the Line for 50% off at the same time?

The game just came out too. Craziness.

It's steamworks too by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom