• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Yeah, editted my post after posting it, sorry!

Thanks for explaining. Doubt I would like it, no :p

it's still just a stain on an otherwise decent (and sometimes great) game. It's just that the whole time I was thinking what the fuck happened that someone made the decision to let that in the final game and say "oh yeah this is fun"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh also I wasnt around when they announced Trials coming to Steam so: FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The new DLC isn't included, but that should come later. And since Ubi bought RedLynx late last year, all future Trials titles/content should be multiplatform from the off.

Lain

How bad is Saints Row 2 (as a PC port/game)? After finishing (and loving so damn much) Saints Row 3 I'm curious about the second game (especially with it on sale on gmg for 4€), but I have only heard that it's a bad port.

benjipwns

Banned
How bad is Saints Row 2 (as a PC port/game)? After finishing (and loving so damn much) Saints Row 3 I'm curious about the second game (especially with it on sale on gmg for 4€), but I have only heard that it's a bad port.
Depends on what kind of machine you have. You can brute force it pretty well these days. Should run better than the console version anyway (+1080p/AA/AO/etc.) on anything recent.

It was, of course, pretty bad three and a half years ago.

If you do get it, check out the Gentleman of the Row mod: http://idolninja.com/sr2.php
Makes more improvements, adds a bunch of stuff, etc.

EDIT: Oh, and it's awesome as a game.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Home just crashed on me when I was (apparently) right near the end of it. Game has no saves of any sort, either.

Sweet.

Deus Ex sale again? $11.24 is very nice for the Augmented edition.

Doe the Augmented version include the DLC?

Does the complete collection include the Augmented or just standard? It only lists standard.

If the complete collection does not include the Augmented, I might not buy this out of spite.

JaseC

Deus Ex sale again? $11.24 is very nice for the Augmented edition.

Doe the Augmented version include the DLC?

It includes two bits of trivial DLC (two weapons packs, one of which includes a mission), but I assume you're referring to The Missing Link, which is separate but also on sale. Edit: Nope. I can't read, apparently!

Does the complete collection include the Augmented or just standard? It only lists standard.

Standard.

camerooni

Neo Member

Don't get the Gentleman of the Row patch if you want to actually play a game as intended.. it adds so much crap and detracts from actually playing the game.. The only good thing it adds is the Gampad control buttons to the UI - but you can extract that part out and specifically only mod that part into the game, as that is brilliance!

- Critter Crunch is fucking amazing and I love it. Played for about 10 hours now and it seems im still number 1 at the Adventure mode worldwide leaderboard, wuut. Love Capy.

I was ranked 12th but then I got stuck on a level with those guys who block you.

Glad you like the game and glad to see you back though, gurl.

Lain

Depends on what kind of machine you have. You can brute force it pretty well these days. Should run better than the console version anyway (+1080p/AA/AO/etc.) on anything recent.

It was, of course, pretty bad three and a half years ago.

If you do get it, check out the Gentleman of the Row mod: http://idolninja.com/sr2.php
Makes more improvements, adds a bunch of stuff, etc.

EDIT: Oh, and it's awesome as a game.

Thanks, bought it.

Don't get the Gentleman of the Row patch if you want to actually play a game as intended.. it adds so much crap and detracts from actually playing the game.. The only good thing it adds is the Gampad control buttons to the UI - but you can extract that part out and specifically only mod that part into the game, as that is brilliance!

I see. Well, at least by looking at the mod page I got some pretty useful information. I'll use the mod after firstly completing the game then.

mr. grape

It includes two bits of trivial DLC (two weapons packs, one of which includes a mission), but I assume you're referring to The Missing Link, which is separate but also on sale.

Standard.

Augmented Edition doesn't include any of the DLC AFAIK. It just includes the art book, making of video, soundtrack, motion comic, and E3 trailer + animated storyboard.

The complete collection doesnt mention the Augmented Edition, but when my friend bought it the last time it went on sale, it actually included it (without mentioning it on the store page).

JaseC

Augmented Edition doesn't include any of the DLC AFAIK. It just includes the art book, making of video, soundtrack, motion comic, and E3 trailer + animated storyboard.

Yeah, you're right. Not sure where I pulled that from.

The complete collection doesnt mention the Augmented Edition, but when my friend bought it the last time it went on sale, it actually included it (without mentioning it on the store page).

Oh, nice.

JaseC

So, um, I bought the Torchlight II pack but only received 2 giftable copies instead of 3 in my inventory.

What's the dealio?

It's some kind of bug. The missing copy should appear in your inventory within a few days (I assume Valve has to add it manually).

Edit: Restarting Steam should work. Serves me right for only reading the first half of the SPUF thread. :p

CRS

So, um, I bought the Torchlight II pack but only received 2 giftable copies instead of 3 in my inventory.

What's the dealio?

If the other copy isn't claimed, I'm more than welcome to take one from you.

Same goes for Borderlands 2, if anyone out there has one.

Hylian7

So I'm in the Big Picture beta (but not using Big Picture mode right now). I was in a game in Dota 2, and while waiting for the horn, I clicked a link to a screenshot my friend sent me in the other monitor. It tried to open it in the Steam browser, then Steam and Dota 2 both crashed. There was still a lingering Steam.exe process, but it wouldn't let me end it. I tried restarting Steam, didn't work. It would just do the "Updating Steam..." thing and then nothing.

I rebooted my computer, now all I get when I try to start Steam is "Updating Steam..." What the fuck can I do now?

Edit: I deleted ClientRegistry.blob and it seems to be working now.

Nice, during the time I was sleeping Dustforce got updated to the new content system. At this rate, in 2 weeks I might bring back the rest of my installed games back from limbo.

Edit: Also welcome back Salsa, you hot piece of ass.

Salsa

What the fuck can I do now?

Edit: I deleted ClientRegistry.blob and it seems to be working now.

uuGMb.jpg

Soi-Fong

Anyone know here if BLOPS2 will be a full worked on port and not some shoddy shit that Treyarch puts out for PC?

Haven't bought a COD title since MW2 so was hoping to get into COD again.

For anyone interested in FTL the game is launching on their website (and GOG) at 7am EST, 6 hours before it launches on Stem. If you buy from their website you get a discount and they give you a steam key as well as a DRM-Free version

Rapstah

Without any assets, I suspect all that will come out of that is a complete list of all entities that were present in Half-Life 2: Episode 3 in 2007. I guess the assumption is they've already started over a couple of times, but who knows what that'll do to the state of the project now.

Does this mean all Source licencees get partial source code for all those projects? That the Revelations 2012 guys were at one point in possession of EP3 and old TF2 source code? Why? For examples?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Is Homefront a terrible game?

Yes it is. Its not even the generic COD clone. Its CoD controls turned into a tank. They rotate so slow and awkwardly, where even with everything maxed. I still can't get it to feel right.

Coldsnap

How do you access the Deus EX DLC Missing Link? I sorta stopped playing the game, never beat it, but I think I could come back for a self contained 4 hour story DLC.

Seeing postal 2 on greenlight reminds me that I own it on gog and kind of want to mess around with it and pee on gary coleman or something. Also postal 3 never came to the us store but is greenworks right? Wonder what the story is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom