• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

How? I didn't know, I just got it free with an AMD card.

You haven't done anything wrong and if you don't frequent this thread often, you would have never known. But people have long memories of the Dirt 3 debacle (where a gaffer collected 100+ codes) and are rightly skeptical when a "Prison Currency" item pops up for sale in a Steam thread. Probably not your best place to try and sell it. A title of that "quality" would be much more likely to be given away for free in here.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't this cheaper before?

According to Steamprices, this is the lowest it's been.

that's nice of you but I got connections, my man.

*waves pimp hand*

tnw83.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Don't forget, if you ever buy a bunch of Humble Indie Bundle for $0.01 or something, make sure you try to sell/trade them in here as well. People love that.

Tomodachi

Get Alice for 5$ guys, it's so worth it.

DON'T EVER, EVER get it from the euro store. Just ask someone to buy it for you in the States and throw some extra change in their paypal account instead, let's try to send a message here. If they sell x copies in the US market and x/100 in the Euro market they should be able to take the hint unless they're monkeys (and that is a scenario I actually pondered many times).

Edit: it's not the game that drags, it's the single levels. They last about twice as much as they should but you'll feel compelled to go on at the beginning of every new level. The game itself isn't even that long, it's about 10 hours. Not a masterpiece but really enjoyable. Also, go for a higher difficulty than normal, combat is pretty rewarding but it's a bit ruined at the lowest difficulty settings since you don't really have to use everything it offers.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just coming in here to mention that FTL (new release) is a really good game. Has tons of replayability too. I also think its rather unique in its focus on ship management instead of ship space exploration (You do explore the universe, but its a straight line).

One might get a first impression of a flash game (buy upgrades etcetc), but it really has more depth to it and more feels like a roguelike in overall gamedesign than anything else. I also really like how they integrated long term achievements tied to bonuses like new ship designs. Fun game. Just lost 2 hours without noticing.

ftl1.png

MRORANGE

hey now. To clarify (and ive been through this with dem mods) I wasnt port-begging. I know it's not allowed and i'd never do that really. I confused a thread and got in into what was basically a ban hotspot. You know when a thread gets hectic and shit goes down. There were two Rayman Legends threads at the moment and I thought I was posting in the one talking about its wiiU exclusivity and I wasnt, so my comment came off as really off-topic and unnecesary since no one was talking about that.

My bad.

I hate those threads it's like playing Russian Roulette, but they replaced the revolver with a machine gun.

welcome back, btw!

Just coming in here to mention that FTL (new release) is a really good game. Has tons of replayability too. I also think its rather unique in its focus on ship management instead of ship space exploration (You do explore the universe, but its a straight line).

One might get a first impression of a flash game (buy upgrades etcetc), but it really has more depth to it and more feels like a roguelike in overall gamedesign than anything else. I also really like how they integrated long term achievements tied to bonuses like new ship designs. Fun game. Just lost 2 hours without noticing.

ftl1.png

First impulse buy in ages, as you can see above. I think I'm gonna try Easy first, I feel like I'm gonna play this several times anyway.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
First impulse buy in ages, as you can see above. I think I'm gonna try Easy first, I feel like I'm gonna play this several times anyway.

For a beginner "Easy" doesnt seem to be "too" easy anyway. Unlocking the ship designs with the achievements on normal would take way, way longer.

Salsa

FTL looks interesting but it seems like the kind of game that would require my whole attention and there's a lot of stuff I bought coming up, so yeah, will wait on it

Salsa

how much a piece does a torchlight II fourpack come down to? may take two spots (one for a buddy) if someone does one, still not sure.

Never got around playing the first one much but co-op makes it 10x more interesting, then there's the whole diablo 3 burn and all that makes me want this all that much more

JaseC

how much a piece does a torchlight II fourpack come down to? may take two spots (one for a buddy) if someone does one, still not sure.

Never got around playing the first one much but co-op makes it 10x more interesting, then there's the whole diablo 3 burn and all..

$15 per head.

Toma

FTL looks interesting but it seems like the kind of game that would require my whole attention and there's a lot of stuff I bought coming up, so yeah, will wait on it

Eh, not really. Once you got the basics (which should take you about 10 minutes to learn) its a pretty fast paced pick up and play type of game. Start a run, fail miserably within 25 minutes, play something else.

VALIS

Random question, about to go on our honeymoon in Aruba. There should be no problem accessing my Steam account and any/all games from a country you don't live in, is there? I didn't think Steam cared so much about IP addresses as long as you verify yourself via e-mailed code.

And before you say, "fuck games, go spend time w/your new wife on a tropical island, dummy" we're gonna be there for three weeks and I'm sure there will be a lot of downtime bumming around our hotel.

JaseC

Random question, about to go on our honeymoon in Aruba. There should be no problem accessing my Steam account and any/all games from a country you don't live in, is there? I didn't think Steam cared so much about IP addresses as long as you verify yourself via e-mailed code.

And before you say, "fuck games, go spend time w/your new wife on a tropical island, dummy" we're gonna be there for three weeks and I'm sure there will be a lot of downtime bumming around our hotel.

Yeah, as long as you verify your account from an IP address within that region you should be fine. Prior to signing in via the website, just clear your active logins/cookies and you'll be forced to submit a verification code.

Edit: Unless, of course, you haven't signed into Steam via your browser, in which case you can just attempt to sign in once you've touched down and needn't clear said data.

For a beginner "Easy" doesnt seem to be "too" easy anyway. Unlocking the ship designs with the achievements on normal would take way, way longer.

Eh, not really. Once you got the basics (which should take you about 10 minutes to learn) its a pretty fast paced pick up and play type of game. Start a run, fail miserably within 25 minutes, play something else.

The tutorial + first sector as demo would do wonders for this game I think. It's all you need to get hooked on the concept.

I have a buddy that just got on Steam and I hooked him up with Portal 2 since I had a 75% off coupon. But the problem is he hasn't played Portal 1 yet.

Does anybody have a coupon for Portal 1 they'd be willing to part with?

Hahaha oh god fuck solar flares my whole ship burnt to a crisp.

BUY FTL: FASTER THAN LIGHT YOU TURKEYS

Edit: I also unlocked my first ship layout.

Speevy

Banned
Alice: The Madness returns is an interesting game.

The first person who replies to this post with their Steam ID and gets on Steam gets Alice: The Madness Returns.

Toma

Hahaha oh god fuck solar flares my whole ship burnt to a crisp.

BUY FTL: FASTER THAN LIGHT YOU TURKEYS

Edit: I also unlocked my first ship layout.

What do you need to do for that?

Toma

Damnit lol. Alice is 13€ for us during the daily and I was refreshing this thread for another reason every 10 seconds and just now realized the content of Speevy's giveaway post. Sheesh.

Enjoy the game, fellow random Gaffer!

Edit:
But seriously... 13€ in Germany vs 5$ in the US? -_-

Toma

You have to complete specific objectives. I unlocked the
Engi Cruiser
by reaching Sector 5.

Ah thanks. Played 2 hours earlier and the farthest I got was sector 3 I believe.

MNC

Crosspost from Buy/Sell/Trade thread:

To sell:

Sleeping Dogs: £15

Nexuiz: DBRTA-NTEGV-FCW3Q

Dirt: Showdown: £10

All Steam codes btw.

Still have Sleeping Dogs? Not sure if want to buy, just wanting to make sure I even want to contemplate it :p

Wok

Damnit lol. Alice is 13€ for us during the daily and I was refreshing this thread for another reason every 10 seconds and just now realized the content of Speevy's giveaway post. Sheesh.

Enjoy the game, fellow random Gaffer!

Edit:
But seriously... 13€ in Germany vs 5$ in the US? -_-

I did not notice too. The post lacked the keyword: "quote".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom