• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
As best I can tell, Playism will be selling the Steam version of Half Minute Hero and offering some extras for those who buy it from them:

http://www.playism-games.com/games/halfminutehero/
Win an original Half-Minute Hero watch and music tracks, only on PLAYISM!

All users who purchase Half-Minute Hero will receive a selection of music tracks from the game.
All users who purchase Half Minute Hero between Sep. 27th (5pm - GMT) and Oct. 5th (5pm - GMT) will receive a 10% discount and will be entered into a contest to win an awesome original game-themed watch!

HoosTrax

Well it's a good thing I got DiRT Showdown for free I suppose. I'm not sure why Codemasters felt the need to make a Flatout clone that manages to feel less fun than the real Flatout.

I meant steamworks lol. My phone has the worst autocorrect. Didn't know it was on the store again so you answered my question anyway thanks. Now to buy it when its a dollar.

Suddenly wondering how much I would pay for a Valve-developed tablet (Wii U style) that did nothing but allow remote play using Big Picture mode.

Tattooth

Crosspost from Buy/Sell/Trade thread:

To sell:

Sleeping Dogs: £15

Nexuiz: DBRTA-NTEGV-FCW3Q

Dirt: Showdown: £10

All Steam codes btw.

Exuro

Suddenly wondering how much I would pay for a Valve-developed tablet (Wii U style) that did nothing but allow remote play using Big Picture mode.
Well, they do that have a Wii U looking controller prototype thing. Dunno if theres a screen on it, but it looks like it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll chime in and point out that I don't think anybody should be buying Nexuiz for 5 quid. (I haven't played the game, but it's been around $2 in a 4-pack. And it supposedly blows.)

Basing a competitive arena-style (read: Q3-esque) shooter on CE3 was an utterly stupid move.

I'm sorry I'm not posting much in this thread lately :(

It's okay, watch this interview and you'll feel better.

HoosTrax

How? I didn't know, I just got it free with an AMD card.
There was a PAX-related promo.

As I alluded to earlier, anyone interested in the game would be better off just getting Flatout 2 or Flatout: Ultimate Carnage instead. It's pretty much the same thing with much more variety.

It feels like this game has three tracks, and they're reused over and over again.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How? I didn't know, I just got it free with an AMD card.

It was given away during a promotion at PAX and many, many, many people got it for free.

Unfortunately for you, it has destroyed its Steam Prison Economy Value (TM).

iNvid02

Not everyone got it. He's free to do anything he wants though

we had this same thing happen when several dirt 3 codes were given away free

gaf suddenly thinks it should dictate what people can and cant do

"YOU CANT SELL THAT HERE BECAUSE I GOT IT FREE A FEW DAYS AGO, YOU SHOULD GIVE IT AWAY FREE TOO"

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There is something particularly scuzzy about selling a key you got for free (and potentially deprived a person who was interested in the game from getting). It's a dick move and should be called out whenever it rears its head.

However, that's not what Tattooth did. He received his key through a GPU promotion (by buying hardware) and is just trying to sell it. I doubt he'll get 10 for it, but that's his call and there's nothing wrong with selling something you've purchased.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is something particularly scuzzy about selling a key you got for free (and potentially deprived a person who was interested in the game from getting). It's a dick move and should be called out whenever it rears its head.

However, that's not what Tattooth did. He received his key through a GPU promotion (by buying hardware) and is just trying to sell it. I doubt he'll get 10 for it, but that's his call and there's nothing wrong with selling something you've purchased.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447493

Already seen that :p

But I blame GW2.

uHxRM.jpg

Crub

I think I'm done with both Shuggy and Gateways. The cloning mechanic used in both games is so poorly thought out it ruins the games for me. You can create multiple clones of yourself by rewinding time and whenever you touch one of your clones every clone resets and you have to redo everything over.

The worst part about this is there is no high-speed fast-forwarding. Let's say you are playing Shuggy, and the first clone you create is supposed to stand on a button for its 30 second duration. In order to achieve this you yourself have to stand still on the button for 30 sec. And you have to do this EVERY time you fail to beat the level.

If this is not poor design I don't know what is.

IMO Shuggy has also gotten a lot of undeserved praise on GAF. GAF almost made it sound like it was the lost brother of Braid. To me it is just a generic platformer with a touch of problem solving. Cleaver levels are few and far between. It's a decent game at best and most likely wouldn't have gotten any recognition had it not been on XBLA.

I think I'm done with both Shuggy and Gateways. The cloning mechanic used in both games is so poorly thought out it ruins the games for me. You can create multiple clones of yourself by rewinding time and whenever you touch one of your clones every clone resets and you have to redo everything over.

The worst part about this is there is no high-speed fast-forwarding. Let's say you are playing Shuggy, and the first clone you create is supposed to stand on a button for its 30 second duration. In order to achieve this you yourself have to stand still on the button for 30 sec. And you have to do this EVERY time you fail to beat the level.

IMO Shuggy has also gotten a lot of undeserved praise on GAF. GAF almost made it sound like it was the lost brother of Braid. To me it is just a generic platformer with a touch of problem solving. Cleaver levels are few and far between. It's a decent game at best and most likely wouldn't have gotten any recognition had it not been on XBLA.

You just unsold Gateways to me. I like Shuggy except for those shitty time cloning levels. There's too fucking many of them in the second "world" and they're just. not. fun.

Wok

Levels are so short I did not notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom