• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallagin

Hey my good friends at Ironhide games just put up Kingdom Rush up on greenlight.

Maybe you know the game since it was a top selling app on iOS for quite a while and Ron Gilbert and Felicia Day were raving about it on twitter.

If it passes it would be the first Uruguayan game on Steam, so that's pretty cool.

It's basically a tower defense game but with some twists and a nice art style.

it's good, vote it dudes. They put up a nice video just for this and all.

Greenlight link

Looks good, it reminds me of pixel junk monster.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
I guess I got 3 giftable copies of the original Torchlight with my T2 purchase. Anyone want a copy?

So, I'm thinking about format C: any moment now. When I'm installing Steam again, should I install it on the SSD or the HDD?

I got it installed on the SSD right now but about 90% of my games are on the HDD, with symbolic links from the SSD. Should I be able to keep them there and just install Steam on the SSD and re-create the symbolic links in some way?

ShaneB

I had a fairly stressful week so I feel like doing something nice. I'm about to buy a Torchlight 2 4-pack for me and the next 3 people that PM me. No payment required.

[Update] All taken.

Little sad I missed this(but maybe not since I already too many games I should be playing anyway), but just saying that you've got a great avatar, and you've done charitable things today. You're a winner in my book! :)

Santiako

If your problem is the coordination of both players, activate the voice chat. Plus, learn how to use the pointer.

I don't like playing with random people and can't coordinate with any of my friends to get and play it, not coordination in the game itself.

Wok

I don't like playing with random people and can't coordinate with any of my friends to get and play it, not coordination in the game itself.

I feel your pain. I was lucky I could coordinate in real life to play with someone I know, otherwise it would have been really difficult with random players or my other contacts.

I had a fairly stressful week so I feel like doing something nice. I'm about to buy a Torchlight 2 4-pack for me and the next 3 people that PM me. No payment required.

[Update] All taken.

In July, I received Borderlands as a gift from Dupy. This is a nice GAFfer.

[Update] All taken.

I've had a shitty week, too, so it's nice to see someone give things away because they had one. I wish I had the money to do it. ):

HoosTrax

Little sad I missed this(but maybe not since I already too many games I should be playing anyway), but just saying that you've got a great avatar, and you've done charitable things today. You're a winner in my book! :)
Were you looking to get a copy of Torchlight? I've had one sitting in my inventory for ages. Add me (Steam name in profile) and it's yours.

ShaneB

Were you looking to get a copy of Torchlight? I've had one sitting in my inventory for ages. Add me (Steam name in profile) and it's yours.

Torchlight was one of the first games I bought on Steam :p I was sad I missed the free Torchlight 2! :p The offer is much appreciated though, thank you!

Hey my good friends at Ironhide games just put up Kingdom Rush up on greenlight.

Maybe you know the game since it was a top selling app on iOS for quite a while and Ron Gilbert and Felicia Day were raving about it on twitter.

If it passes it would be the first Uruguayan game on Steam, so that's pretty cool.

It's basically a tower defense game but with some twists and a nice art style.

it's good, vote it dudes. They put up a nice video just for this and all.

Greenlight link

I already played Kingdom Rush. Loved it! One of the best TD games ever!

I see it will have a new campaign!

Got my vote and purchase! :)

Big Rig, if you're reading, I really think your problem is the same I had, I think your client is acting like it's in compatibility mode and thus refuses to connect (even though it's not telling you)

So follow the steps in my previous post and let us know what happens.

Decado

I do not get this greenlight thing. This game is finished and is good. WTF won't Valve just sell the damn thing? Why the popularity contest?

I see some of my older favs in the greenlight lists like Silent Storm. Game was awesome; I have no idea wth it has to go through this voting process.

Valve seems to be incredibly slow at updating games to the new content system. I guess I could move the stuff to my SSD and move it back with Steam Mover but I'm not in a hurry so...

gaby pls

So how does this whole 4 pack thing work? Looks like 4 can get Torchlight 2 for $60 instead of $80.

I have me and each of my sons wants it as well. So I need a 4th. If I've got this figured right. Would I just buy the 4-pack, then send the extra copies to my sons + 4th person? Assume paypal to get back the $15 from the 4th?

Quote this post for a key of Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition. Cool of you Dupy giving away those copies of Torchlight 1 and 2, at times random acts of kindness brightens up my day as well.

Salsa

I do not get this greenlight thing. This game is finished and is good. WTF won't Valve just sell the damn thing? Why the popularity contest?

I see some of my older favs in the greenlight lists like Silent Storm. Game was awesome; I have no idea wth it has to go through this voting process.

Well in this particular case the game isn't finished, they are working on the pc version right now and adding a lot of extra stuff to it. It'd be way better for them to do all this having the guarantee that they'll be on steam once they're finished.

CRS

Torchlight 2 4-Pack
  1. CRS
  2. SalsaShark
  3. comrade
  4. Ingueferroque

If you guys want the Torchlight I code, let me know and I'll send them but if not, I'll give them away here.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So FTL must be a pretty good game, eh? It's the 10th most played game on Steam right now and is beating out L4D2 and MW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom