• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM me for a copy of Torchlight 1. Still available until this post is edited.

EDIT: That was fast. Blows my mind some people don't have it yet, but happy to spread the love.

PM me for a copy of Torchlight 1. Still available until this post is edited.

EDIT: That was fast. Blows my mind some people don't have it yet, but happy to spread the love.

Dang would have loved a copy of torchlight 1. The reason I haven't had it yet is mostly because it has seemed to be hidden by many other games (both old and new) that I've been enjoying. I was addicted to baldur's gate when it first came out and have moved on to BF3, Dota 2, and most recently Dark souls and FTL.

It looks like a pretty game but I wonder without co-op how high it would rank on my list since co-op seems to add a lot of enjoyment (or pain... dota2 and angry teammates I'm looking at you)

Javaman

FTL: Faster Than Light has 15,853 people playing it right now. Sick.

Great game. I usually hate roguelike games but this one tickles a totally different fancy. Really the only similarities are permadeath and luck for encounters. Anyone remember the Buck Roger's Countdown to Doomsday SSI game? This one takes the space battles up to level 11.

Ahhh how I love PC gaming. I got Borderlands 2 for $35 + season for $22 - combined that is still less than console version stand alone lol.

I did better: £8 for the base game (GMG boxed copy promo + allowed me to trade in free junk for credit) and £8 for the Season Pass (Steam mis-price). Total £16, or roughly US$26. The downside is that I have to wait for GMG to send a box, and I have a suspicion that won't arrive until the week after release.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dang would have loved a copy of torchlight 1. The reason I haven't had it yet is mostly because it has seemed to be hidden by many other games (both old and new) that I've been enjoying. I was addicted to baldur's gate when it first came out and have moved on to BF3, Dota 2, and most recently Dark souls and FTL.

It looks like a pretty game but I wonder without co-op how high it would rank on my list since co-op seems to add a lot of enjoyment (or pain... dota2 and angry teammates I'm looking at you)

Send me a friend request on Steam and i'll send you Torchlight.

Does anyone else have an issue with the latest steam beta client where you scroll in the main window it BARELY scrolls down...really annoying and only does it in steam.

Bread

Banned
Decision time, Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars expansion or Deus Ex HR? I've already played HR, but it was on PS3, and it seems like it would be worth a second run through for 7 bucks.

Sajjaja

That's the answer I was hoping for, but how is the community? Still going strong?

6500 played on Steam today. So yes. But there are a lot more who play the non-steam versions. Not to mention the massive mod support for it. If you want a more RPG leveling experience, check out cRPG. You level your character and specialize weapons and what not. Pretty cool.

1-D_FTW

Metro 2033 certainly is an interesting game. Atmosphere out the wazoo. Little more scripting than I was expecting though.

What do you mean? If you remove all the games from a category, it disappears. If you're looking for a more elegant solution, it'll have to come from someone else.

kurahador

So GAF, XCOM or Borderlands 2?

-Never played an XCOM game, but from the gameplay videos this game is totally up my alley.
-Played about 5 hours of Borderlands these past 2 days, and I'm starting to like it.

wxChN.png
Yep.

Ledsen

-Never played an XCOM game, but from the gameplay videos this game is totally up my alley.
-Played about 5 hours of Borderlands these past 2 days, and I'm starting to like it.

Why would you buy Borderlands 2 if you're only 5 hours in on the first one?

NIN90

What do you mean? If you remove all the games from a category, it disappears. If you're looking for a more elegant solution, it'll have to come from someone else.

Yeah as of right now I have to remove every single game from a category for it to disappear which takes a long ass time. Thought there is a more elegant way.

Depends. Are you an apple or orange kinda guy?

1-D_FTW

I think we'll see B2 reduced to $20 or $30 by early next year - XCom might hold its price a bit longer.

So yea, get XCom.

Dude, no. You follow the sales. X-Com is going to bomba (sorry) and will be hitting budget prices quickly. BL2, however, will follow the Skyrim model of slow and gradual reductions.

Derrick01

Banned

Xcom is getting a lot of positive buzz in the recent weeks but if you're in NA like me then for some reason you can't use the GMG code on it, whereas you can still get Borderlands 2 for around $36 I believe.

That is a whole lot of Balder's gate playing!

I just re-read my comment and saw how it could mean 'addicted to baldur's gate since it(BG) came out' when I really meant when torchlight came out I had just gotten into baldur's gate (living in China with a very limited pc)

Dude, no. You follow the sales. X-Com is going to bomba (sorry) and will be hitting budget prices quickly. BL2, however, will follow the Skyrim model of slow and gradual reductions.

Why do you think XCOM will bomba? All previews I've seen are very positive and the game has been in top 10 sellers since it's been available afaik. Maybe on console it will bomb since this basically for PC gamers anyway. PC gamers have been waiting for this for quite some time.

Derrick01

Banned
Why do you think XCOM will bomba? All previews I've seen are very positive and the game has been in top 10 sellers since it's been available afaik. Maybe on console it will bomb since this basically for PC gamers anyway.

Yeah Xcom will probably bomb on consoles but not on PC, it's going to do Civ numbers probably. Waiting for bomba price for PC is probably not the best idea to go with.

1-D_FTW

Why do you think XCOM will bomba? All previews I've seen are very positive and the game has been in top 10 sellers since it's been available afaik. Maybe on console it will bomb since this basically for PC gamers anyway.

Maybe that's a little harsh. But moderate sellers like Deus EX:HR (which had pretty good numbers), were having real good deals by the end of the year. I just don't see it holding its price that long. It takes something extraordinary for that to happen. BL 2, on the other hand, has all the signs of being a massive seller.

EDIT: Hmm. It seems people are raving about the multi in XCOM. So maybe it will do really good numbers. Still, I don't think anyone would really wanna bet money that's it's going have the same demand as BL2 (even if it is the better game).

Maybe that's a little harsh. But moderate sellers like Deus EX:HR (which had pretty good numbers), were having real good deals by the end of the year. I just don't see it holding its price that long. It takes something extraordinary for that to happen. BL 2, on the other hand, has all the signs of being a massive seller.

Oh there is no doubt BL2 will sell quite well but PC gamers love strategy games like XCOM. Like I said, I think it will bomba on consoles but not PC. I mean you can take this for what it's worth but looking at most anticipated at gamestop XCOM is nowhere to been seen:
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0,135

But steam it's been top 10 since available. I think the console versions are a waste of resources TBH. I'm sure most console only owners never heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom