• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this seems to be some sort of hidden daily deal... Bohemia Interactive's Take On Helicopters simulator is 66% off for the next hour and change.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65730/

Seeing as how they're fairly reluctant to drop prices on their games, this could be the best deal the game gets for some time.

They also recently released free DLC which merges content of Arma 2/OA into Take On if you own both, meaning you can fly around in Chernarus as well. The DLC is out for retail copies but it should come to Steam soon.

Xanathus

Well apparently the bug has been there for months now with no fix.

For those who don't know about the game you basically have to collect different kinds of fluids to use them in other places and there's an accidental 'exploit' that gives you all the liquid you want. It's so easy to do that it's impossible to ignore and it basically breaks the whole game.

What a fucking shame, game really seems fantastic

They didn't patch it because Microsoft would charge them tens of thousands of dollars to re-certify the game.
lol fez

epmode

For those who don't know about the game you basically have to collect different kinds of fluids to use them in other places and there's an accidental 'exploit' that gives you all the liquid you want. It's so easy to do that it's impossible to ignore and it basically breaks the whole game.

I don't know what the exploit is and I don't want to know.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that none of the purchasable upgrades are required to finish the game so it's not exactly gamebreaking.

edit: Oh, it gives infinite fluids, not upgrades. Yeah, that could be bad.

But I've seen similar problems with other games and I'm pretty good at ignoring such exploits so I'll do the same thing here. Vessel really is a great game!

Salsa

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that none of the purchasable upgrades are required to finish the game so it's not exactly gamebreaking.

It works for water so you wouldn't even need to collect water any more and you can create all of the water creatures you want, it breaks a fundamental part.

As for what the 'exploit' is its better if I tell you since it's bound to happen by mistake (unless you don't experience it for some reason) : it happens when you change liquids while shooting (as in, without letting go of the trigger). Ridiculous

Nabs

Vessel is a great game, you should stop breaking it.

Tech_Junk

Neo Member
Great game, just finished it last month. Wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. If you haven't picked it up yet, it's worth it.

robotnik

The first person to quote this post with a picture of your favorite modern 2D/2.5D game mechanic gets Rochard.
sTAYl.jpg

Wok

The first person to quote this post with a picture of your favorite modern 2D/2.5D game mechanic gets Rochard.

I am not quoting for the game. I like the game mechanic in MɪʀʀФяяɪM ("mirrorrim"), and it is a good opportunity to show a picture from this game.

Salsa

Vessel is a great game, you should stop breaking it.

Dude if you switch 'ammo' (liquid types) while shooting you literally get an infinite amount of each. Am I supposed to go through the game pretending I don't have water and go fetch it when it's one button away? It's not my fault that the game has such a fucking terrible impossible to not–pull–off game breaking bug that the developer hasn't been able to patch in 6 months.

I wanna love this game and I was on my way but seriously what the fuck.

Nabs

Dude if you switch 'ammo' (liquid types) while shooting you literally get an infinite amount of each. Am I supposed to go through the game pretending I don't have water and go fetch it when it's one button away? It's not my fault that the game has such a fucking terrible impossible to not–pull–off game breaking bug that the developer hasn't been able to patch in 6 months.

I wanna love this game and I was on my way but seriously what the fuck.

Salsa, the game gets really good. You should stop breaking it and just enjoy it. You'll thank me.

Salsa

Salsa, the game gets really good. You should stop breaking it and just enjoy it. You'll thank me.

But dude I'm not doing nothing to break it, I'm switching water types. I can solve every puzzle ignoring its rules. It's like saying I should play dark souls even though there's this glitch where you can't die. It just takes the fun away

I know the game is good and that's why I bought it, but this just bums me out

I didn't think about it before but XCOM and Dishonored being released on the same day really, really pisses me off. I'm even thinking about delaying my XCOM purchase since I won't have time to play it anyway between Dishonored (since I pre-ordered it already) and my backlog.

Dota 2 is still half-closed beta though.

I know, I was just joking ;)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Friend backed out on four-pack of Torchlight 2, but I bought it anyway. Got an extra copy for $15. Anyone?

Also got four copies of the first game, for whomever. I'm assuming someone out there still doesn't have this.
Do you still have a spare copy of Torchlight? Could I ask you for one?

Nabs

But dude I'm not doing nothing to break it, I'm switching water types. I can solve every puzzle ignoring its rules. It's like saying I should play dark souls even though there's this glitch where you can't die. It just takes the fun away

I know the game is good and that's why I bought it, but this just bums me out

The only way I can get the glitch to happen is when the water tank is empty. I don't know if it's different on your end, but it doesn't seem like that big a deal.

flowsnake

Same here, I should probably get back to it.

Oh yeah, IGN Prime is giving away copies of A Virus Named Tom. Good game!

Does IGN Prime still include 15% off at Gamersgate forever? I see it still has it, but perhaps it's restricted to the length of the subscription now. It it still lasts then it's really tempting. The reason I didn't do it before was because people saying cancelling the free trial was difficult, but there's an option just to buy one month now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. Steam info's in my profile, just send me a friend request.
Thanks a lot! I'm not at home now, would you mind if I added you tonight and sent an MP to let you know?

Actually, I have the Steam Android app installed. Gonna check if I can add you from there.

Edit: Thanks a lot Semblance, you rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom