• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scribblenauts Unlimited was already confirmed to be PC, so its that. Its one of the titles I'm looking forward to this Holiday Season <3.

I think WB is publishing though, so would 5th Cell be added if they were just the devs? Also Hybrid was built on Source, so there's still a good chance it could be put on Steam.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think WB is publishing though, so would 5th Cell be added if they were just the devs? Also Hybrid was built on Source, so there's still a good chance it could be put on Steam.

Hybrid will come for sure. But it wouldn't be in the system less than a week after XBLA release

rjc571

Banned
Does the PC version of Mutant Blobs Attack run at 60 fps? I was extremely disappointed when I saw that the Vita version only runs at 30.

Levyne

Banned
I still don't have that one badge because I've never posted a screen shot or commented on a friend's page or screen shot.

DTKT

Everything is so slow. And there is so much unused space.

I really can't see myself using the community feature.

PORTAL 2 PUZZLE MAKER GETS CO-OP
Free Update to "The Perpetual Testing Initiative" Adds New Features

August 16, 2012 -- Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today released a free update to Portal 2's in-game puzzle maker that lets users design and publish co-op test chambers.

Since its release on the PC and Mac in May, 2012, community map makers have used the Steam Workshop and Portal 2's in-game editor - called the Perpetual Testing Initiative - to create and share more than 170,000 single-player test chambers. With this update, the community will for the first time be able to design puzzles that require two players working cooperatively to solve.

This update also introduces a "Quick Play" feature, which allows players to quickly access the top-rated maps in various categories.

To help players find a co-op partner, Valve is giving every current owner of Portal 2 a Steam coupon for 75% off a copy of Portal 2, which can be given away to other Steam users.

Portal 2 holds a Metacritic score of 95% and has been awarded numerous Game of Year awards. It features expansive single and cooperative multiplayer game modes.

For more information on Portal 2 and its downloadable content, please visit http://www.thinkwithportals.com.

Just got this in my email. Old? Even if it is, this is going to be fantastic.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just got this in my email. Old? Even if it is, this is going to be fantastic.

Oh, so that's why everyone's been getting Portal 2 coupons. But then why haven't I got one? I own Portal 2. Is it because I didn't actually buy it through Steam, but got a Steam copy by buying the PS3 version? That's pretty sucky of them in that case.

DTKT

Oh, so that's why everyone's been getting Portal 2 coupons. But then why haven't I got one? I own Portal 2. Is it because I didn't buy it through Steam but got a Steam copy by buying the PS3 version? That's pretty sucky of them in that case.

That could be it, or you might have to wait a bit longer. It seems that they send coupons in a wave patterns. I guess that sending 40 millions client notifications and everyone checking what it is at the same time = burning servers.

derExperte

Right and I did. Should I be getting the new friend tab and whatnot?

Yeah, should look like in the screenshots with 'Friends', 'Community' and the nice littlew 'new' above them. Wait, did you go into Settings, 'Beta participation' and select the one available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom