• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

alright who wants beta

betamax.jpg

I got the 2 to give away

If anyone else has a beta invite to send me that's be awesome.

Also if anyone wants a Dota 2 invite, I have one in my inventory. I'm pretty sure everyone already has that though.

Question about CS GO

I have the beta in my library, when I go to purchase the full game I get a note saying I already own the game. Anyone else run into this?

had my first GFWL experience with GTAIV.....and fuck GWFL.

Can't save without logging into GWFL, which can't connect to it's server. so i can't save my game at all? super awesome

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Same here. Has it been confirmed that beta participants won't be getting it for free?

If that were going to happen, early beta participants would have received the game when it became available to pre-order.

The latest changelog for the Steam client beta:

Steam Client Beta Available

There's a new Steam Beta client available. To access the Beta, go to File -> Settings. On the Account tab press the Change... button to open the Beta Participation dialog. Then Select "Steam Beta Update", and allow Steam to restart itself. Here are the specific changes:

- Fixed creating shortcuts for games with Unicode names
- Better Mouse Scrolling on Mac when using mighty mouse or trackpads
- New content system now supports preloading and shared content
- Grid view supports more kinds of PNG images (e.g. grayscale, grayscale with alpha)

8/13/2012

- Fixed back/forward buttons not working correctly when searching in the store or viewing workshop discussions
- Fixed accidentally deleting shared content (eg Quake 3 Area and Quake 3 Team Area)
- Fixed creating shortcuts for games with a “?” in their name
- Fixed finished preload getting stuck in “Preload suspended” state

8/14/2012

- Fixed tools appearing in games page
- Fixed “Open link in new tab” in overlay browser

8/15/2012

- Reduced disc load while updating games using the new content system

8/16/2012

- Fixed broken offline mode if Steam process didn't shutdown correctly
- Reduced disc usage while applying game updates

Sajjaja

How do I get this layout?

Also, I have a low end laptop: AMD Dualcore P320 2.1ghz, ATI Radeon Mobility 4250, 3gb Ram. Could I run Alan Wake reasonably well? For $10, seems like a really good deal, especially with all the praise GAF gives it. It's cheaper now than in the sale correct?

Smash88

Banned

Also, I have a low end laptop: AMD Dualcore P320 2.1ghz, ATI Radeon Mobility 4250, 3gb Ram. Could I run Alan Wake reasonably well? For $10, seems like a really good deal, especially with all the praise GAF gives it. It's cheaper now than in the sale correct?

You need to get beta access to get the layout.

And no you will not be able to run it reasonably well.

xJavonta

Banned

I get 30 FPS with my 5670 1gb. You won't be able to run it well.

Blizzard

Banned
8/15/2012

- Reduced disc load while updating games using the new content system

8/16/2012

- Fixed broken offline mode if Steam process didn't shutdown correctly
- Reduced disc usage while applying game updates
These are awesome news. :D I was literally just thinking tonight that I should try that Windows 7 hotfix, but maybe I'll hold off a month or so and see if the client improves on its own.

AlexBasch

I'd love if someone gifts me the coupon for Portal 2, I'm still kicking myself for holding out on buying it during the sales waiting for something else and then missing it entirely. ):

I get 30 FPS with my 5670 1gb. You won't be able to run it well.
What is the rest of your specs? I have that same card and I'm kinda curious about how well it would run. I'd be fine with at least stable 30FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom