• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

dLMN8R

Borderlands 2 has practically twice the numbers of Torchlight 2, like 100k peak vs 50k peak. Unless that's because Torchlight 2 came out afterwards...maybe more people like FPS games than overhead games.

Torchlight 2 has barely been out for a few hours. The vast majority of people who want to buy it or have already bought it in the US are still working.

dLMN8R

T2 doesn't require Steam like BL2 does though right?

EDIT: There's Runic and Steam versions, although I'm guessing not as many people bought from Runic, Perfect World, or Daedalic for that version.

This is a good point actually - TLII can be purchased and not tied to Steam, so the direct comparison isn't really fair.

When does BL2 unlock for the rest of the world? An hour or two?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing all these guys with such high internet speeds makes me wanna cry. And now I came home to find out that my cable is down, and so is my internet :/

Sad day indeed.

1-D_FTW

Seeing all these guys with such high internet speeds makes me wanna cry. And now I came home to find out that my cable is down, and so is my internet :/

Sad day indeed.

Sad thing is, nothing in here is even that impressive. Usually guys are posting stuff that's insane.

Usually something that meh would get crushed.

Sysgen

Usability note to Valve: Given the amount of dlc many games have, please notate next to each piece of dlc if I own it or not.

Probably very late on this but the tiered rewards seem to be the new thing, CoH2 uses it as well... but the real worrisome thing is that it seems to be loaded with DLC up the wazoo. THQ gonna THQ I guess.

And my iPhone was loading iOS6 earlier, this should be more accurate...

2192467410.png

Nabs

I've been playing They Bleed Pixels and it's pretty cool. Great platforming, wallsliding, and an awesome checkpoint system. The thing that gets to me is the difficulty spike and level length towards the end. It's still good though. Not Dustforce or SMB good, but good. This last level is kicking my ass.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2192475998.png

Well, my internet just came back. So here it is, behold my breathtakingly fast connection speed!

2192470256.png

pfft, this is what happened when my internet came back and stayed that way for a week.

1983953960.png

What's more surprising is that says slower than 82% of GB which means there's an 18% that are really suffering out there.
This is the speedtest thread, right?

Just noticed there was a Secret Files 3 demo released on steam, alongside the game. Giving that a download now.

As for greenlight, Syphon Filter. I believe you just click on Most Recent (under Games You've Voted For) and it lists all the greenlight games.

TheBez

Hey Steam-GAF I was having a bunch of issues with Steam, it just was not connecting! I moved my steamapps folder and reinstalled steam then moved my steamapps folder back. However, my games aren't showing as being installed how do I fix this?

feel

Of those party chat things (ventrillo, teamspeak, mumble, etc) is there one that is clearly better than the others or they're all the same??

Blizzard

Banned
This is pretty standard behavior for the Steam thread.
Don't you ever wonder how many Steam games other Steam users own? Or how much those Steam users would have paid for them, if they had bought those Steam games at full price? It'd be totally interesting for us all to compare something like that.

Joe Molotov

Don't you ever wonder how many Steam games other Steam users own? Or how much those Steam users would have paid for them, if they had bought those Steam games at full price? It'd be totally interesting for us all to compare something like that.

I want to know what my collection is worth in copies of Dirt 3.

Sanjay

Make a thread? or not if its not interesting enough.

Make a thread? or not if its not interesting enough.
It's pretty hard to detect sarcasm on the internet, but I'll be damned if Blizzard's post wasn't just that. It has been done to death. We actually have a chart for this thread from memory, it just goes round in circles. lol.

Personally, I would like to see the games owned to games actually played ratio for Gaffers on Steam. Totally.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quote for the following:

Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
Worms
Worms Blast
Worms Crazy Golf

catabarez

I just a G27 and am loving it so far :D (Except I am doing horrible at NFS: Shift) Does anybody know if it's compatible with Sega All Star Racing? I haven't been able to figure it out :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, still no news about Assassin's Creed 3 pre-order? I hate it when I want to give my money to a company but they won't take it!

I find it odd that Far Cry 3 is nowhere to be seen on Steam given it's releasing about a week after AssCreed 3, which itself has been up for several weeks now. Incidentally, they're the last two games of the year that I've been meaning to pre-order, so get on it, Ubi!

Got the first Broken Sword, thanks :)

Always wanted to try them out.
Got Worms, thank you!
Took Worms Crazy Golf, thanks.
Took Broken Sword 3. Thanks JaceC!
got worms blast, thanks.
Got Smoking Mirror, very appreciated dude!

No worries. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom