• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

How bad is The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (Gamefly), now is $4.99 but with a voucher you can buy it for $3.99, should I buy it or no?

At it's core it's a solid hack n slasher but the port is horrible, one thing I still can't get over is the intentional voice echo they add to the chat when you're in cave like areas and you can't disable it or the in game chat at all so simply switching to an external program isn't possible.

Alien8

It's basically Race 07 and a bunch of expansion packs. You can download a Race 07 demo on Steam (Brands Hatch, which IMO is the best track in 07) if you wanna get a taste. It's hardly a looker, but it's made by Simbin and as such, has very nice physics.

EDIT: You never mentioned if you had a wheel. I have no idea how it plays with a controller. If that's how you plan on playing, I'd especially recommend the demo. Because PC sims aren't like Gran Turismo where lots of effort is put into controller playability.

Thanks, I'll give a try to the demo, since even though I have a wheel, I'd probably play more often with a controller.

mr. grape

How bad is The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (Gamefly), now is $4.99 but with a voucher you can buy it for $3.99, should I buy it or no?

The game's netcode is horrible. If you're gonna buy it, be prepared to use Tunngle or Hamachi to play online. Other than that, it's an ok hack n slash game, but nothing special. Worth $4 if you've got friends to play with, not very fun in singleplayer though.

amrod

During a panel pitching Steam and Greenlight to indies at Fantastic Arcade, Valve presented some numbers representing the usage of the service.

According to the slide, 949,156 users have participated, casting 9,998,476 votes toward getting games onto Steam. 3,195 games have been posted to Greenlight for consideration, of which 1,110 got banned so far, for various reasons ranging from content considered inappropriate to just being a joke.

Finally, there are around 800 "Legitimate, Publicly Visible Items" on the service. And of those, of course, ten have been officially "greenlit."

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/21/steam-greenlight-by-the-numbers/

Lyonaz

I see Resident Evil 5 being discounted on Origin and that Gamestop PC site for $9.99.
But no Steam discount it seems.

I loved RE5, so am kinda interested in playing the better PC version.

The game's netcode is horrible. If you're gonna buy it, be prepared to use Tunngle or Hamachi to play online. Other than that, it's an ok hack n slash game, but nothing special. Worth $4 if you've got friends to play with, not very fun in singleplayer though.

Damn, I don't have any friends that have the game :(

I see Resident Evil 5 being discounted on Origin and that Gamestop PC site for $9.99.

Gamefly has it for $9.99 too :D

mr. grape

The PC version is great. The only thing it's missing is the DLC. Aside from the DLC, it's the best version IMO. Second best would be the PS3 version, I love playing it with a move controller.

Echoplx

It's highly likely it will go on sale during the Halloween sale next month so if you don't need to play it right now just wait.

Shantom

Is anyone interested in a Worms Revolution 4 pack then? Assuming that the 1GFT82012 code can be used for the pack on Gamefly it would be $36, so it would be less than £6 each meaning that in the UK the game, along with Worms Armageddon, could be had for less than half price. We would need a US gaffer to host the pack however.

Tomodachi

The PC version is great. The only thing it's missing is the DLC. Aside from the DLC, it's the best version IMO. Second best would be the PS3 version, I love playing it with a move controller.
Yep, it's amazing with Move support, the only game so far that actually gets better with it. Heavy Rain is much worse and I had to switch to dual shock towards the end.
It's also a pity that the DLCs aren't on the PC since the second one is REALLY good, especially for fans of the RE1 and Code Veronica. Thank you very much Capcom :(

dorkimoe

So i havent known my steam password for the last year probably. But i havent needed it as I have stayed logged in. But i wanted to link it to runic for torchlight 2. So i tried to change it in steam but you need to know the current password to change it. So i logged out thinking there would be a reset option outside of steam, and there is. But you need to know the secret question (having 2 verified emails isnt enough apparently) . the question is a joke it asks "whats your school?" not specifying grade, highschool, college. So now I cant play anygames until they answer my ticket. just great...and on the weekend too...first weekend with borderlands 2 and torchlight 2 *sigh*. They really need a phone support for this

Wok

So i havent known my steam password for the last year probably. But i havent needed it as I have stayed logged in. But i wanted to link it to runic for torchlight 2. So i tried to change it in steam but you need to know the current password to change it. So i logged out thinking there would be a reset option outside of steam, and there is. But you need to know the secret question (having 2 verified emails isnt enough apparently) . the question is a joke it asks "whats your school?" not specifying grade, highschool, college. So now I cant play anygames until they answer my ticket. just great...and on the weekend too...first weekend with borderlands 2 and torchlight 2 *sigh*. They really need a phone support for this

Next time, use KeePass for your passwords. I don't know my Steam password, it is a really long random password made by Keepass, but I know the password to decrypt my Keepass key holder.

mr. grape

Nope. And apparently should stay away if you're on an AMD card. I didn't play it though, because of the lack of local co-op mostly.

There is a fix for some AMD cards. I have stuttering in full screen, but it plays smoothly when I switch to windowed mode using my Radeon HD 7970. In general, windowed mode fixes many issues with the game, regardless of what type of GPU you have.

PaulLFC

Sorry this is off-topic but since this is probably the most active PC-related thread I thought I'd ask and hopefully it's a question that can be answered easily by someone who knows: What's the program for Nvidia cards that lets you create profiles for games so you can set v-sync, triple buffering, AA etc?

Edit: Found it, turns out I'm an idiot - downloaded Nvidia Inspector, couldn't find the profile settings, possibly because I didn't click the settings icon. D'oh.

legacyzero

Banned
If you dont own KF and like Co-op games. Well...... You... You SHOULD.

I recomend RO2 for those that like complex tac shooters too.

The Steam forums are down as well.

foWMU.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
Has anyone else been told they had to choose either their steam cloud save or their local one before being able to play a game? I've lost internet connection and steam connection quite a bit in the last few days but it never made me do that with Borderlands 2 until now.

Exuro

wow I just found out my comcast internet speed was increased. Restarted my modem and am getting nearly double my speeds now O_O. going from 1 to 2.5mbps may not sound like much but I feel like I'm blazin on steam downloads now :p

Taffer

Has anyone else been told they had to choose either their steam cloud save or their local one before being able to play a game? I've lost internet connection and steam connection quite a bit in the last few days but it never made me do that with Borderlands 2 until now.

I had that plenty with Torchlight, ended up disabling Steam Cloud just to stop the prompt virtually every time I played it. That and the "where'd my save go?" threads on SPUF where people were getting rolled back to earlier saves. This was when Steam Cloud was brand new, it may have improved but I don't play on any other machines so I'm happy without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom