• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Director of The Cabin in the Woods did an AMA recently
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/109ik5/hi_im_drew_goddard_director_of_the_cabin_in_the/

slight movie spoilers
We actually were going to do a downloadable L4D2 expansion pack,
where you'd fight in the Cabin world
, but then MGM went bankrupt so the delay squashed it. But the people at Valve were still cool enough to
let us use some of their monsters to fill the cubes in the background (I had a lot of cubes to fill.)

By the way -- the game was gonna be amazing. You were gonna be able to play in both the upstairs "Cabin in the Woods" world and the downstairs "facility" world with all the monsters.
Believe me, I HATE all video games based on movies, they always suck, but porting Cabin into Left For Dead felt like the right fit. It pains me that it didn't happen.

Sysgen

So I'm reformatting my computer as I'm getting an SSD tomorrow. Should I install Steam on the SSD or the HDD?

Install on the SSD for boot purposes. The games can optionally be installed on the HDD as an option within Steam on per game basis at install or linked via symbolic link to the Steam installation directory.

Anyone have Quake 1? I put the highest resolution but the health,ammo indicators section is smaller. is there a way to make it bigger or i must have a worst resolution for it to be bigger?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Huh, well I was going to buy a Torchlight 2 4-pack and give all 4 copies away but Steam won't let me do that since I already own the game.

So I'll just go ahead and give away copies to the first 4 people that PM me.

[Update] All gone.

zkylon

zkylewd
Huh, well I was going to buy a Torchlight 2 4-pack and give all 4 copies away but Steam won't let me do that since I already own the game.

Wow, that's crazy awesome. I'd ask you for one if I was sure I was gonna play it.

Exuro

Please?

EDIT: whoops read that as quote for some reason. pming you.

Question, do all new Steam releases use the new content delivery system?

Already own it, but just wanted to chime in on how awesome you are.

Voidguts

PM'ed you.. hope I was fast enough. thanks!

Milamber

[Update] All gone.
Thanks again Dupy.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Sorry to those I didn't PM back. Things picked up after I got 4 replies:/

Maybe next time!

lol should I do a Magic Crystals giveaway? Nah too creepy.

I don't even know why I own that game. Where did it come from?

EDIT: Oh I think it was in one of Steam's own early indie bundles.
I should really play it some time.

EDIT2: This is Salsa's review of the game
a meteorite falls on earth and a doctor finds out it gives special powers to horses, turns them into unicorns
Is that real? Sounds fucking awesome.

Hmm... I'm currently eyeing the Saints Row 3 DLC's as they are 66% off. Which would give me more bang for my buck here guys?

Get the shark gun, spend the rest on firecrackers.

saints-row--the-thirdd4pv3.gif

Also if you are wondering if you should buy the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR14LUXaL0M

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hahahaha, oh steam

I accidentally clicked on a game I didn't want to play (right-clicking steam icon in tray shows games you recently played), but then I immediately canceled it, causing Steam to go in a fritz lol

mAcOdIn

I was really late to Saints Row: The Third but I love the game.

First, I made a female character and I love her voice work. Really nice work.

Second, I love the fact that all the missions really get you playing quickly, you're never really hampered by too long of cutscenes just so when you're playing the game you're playing it most of the time not sitting with the controller, or keyboard, in your lap.

Third, the opening ten minutes are fucking awesome. I was not really sold at the intro but once you get to the plane sequence about ten minutes in I was hooked. That shit was nuts, completely unrealistic but fucking awesome.

I really like the game.

One of the only redeeming things about the game.

Come at me, GAF.

It's 5am and I got nothing to lose.

You may be right...but then you can shoot girls in bikinis with fish guts causing a shark to burst out of the ground to eat them.

This makes the game ok.

Meanwhile I didn't even know company of heroes 2 existed. The joy only lasted till seeing the extra helping of the Australian tax...but maybe GMG will come through yet again.

SparkTR

Maybe it does but no fuckin way am I paying $60 for that game.

GMG has it for cheaper than $60 and they don't sell you shady Russian CD keys. The main reason I don't use those sites is that if they file an account dispute and Valve asks for proof that the account is yours, they're the ones with the box and supportive evidence, not you.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

GMG has had deals to get it as low as 35$ for a long ass time and they are a legitimate seller. That is not a legit seller and the reason they are banned is because keys sold like places by these get removed from accounts.

But yeah, fuck common sense!

1-D_FTW

Jeez. If only it'd been on sale for 36 or 37 dollars constantly. I mean, it's 10 dollars more than these box ripper openers are charging, but there's also no fear of getting the game pulled because it's region exploiting (or worse, a stolen key).

Gvaz

Banned
GMG has had deals to get it as low as 35$ for a long ass time and they are a legitimate seller. That is not a legit seller and the reason they are banned is because keys sold like places by these get removed from accounts.

But yeah, fuck common sense!
Sorry, my limit is low $30s or less for PC games. Borderlands 1 did not really fill me with enjoyment single player (and I can't find anyone to coop with me = never finishing the game), so why would I pay $60 for a game I'll likely end up playing 10 hours and stop.

Additionally I'm too busy to play shit right now, and by the time I do, everyone will be done playing it and I'll have no reason to buy it even at $10 anyways. So in conclusion, I'd be apt to get it for cheap now, or not at all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Additionally I'm too busy to play shit right now, and by the time I do, everyone will be done playing it and I'll have no reason to buy it even at $10 anyways. So in conclusion, I'd be apt to get it for cheap now, or not at all.

Good job completely failing to underrstand the warning.

Also that line of reasoning doesn't make sense.

Gvaz

Banned
Yeah it does. I get it cheap now, I shove the game in my schedule. If it's too much money, it's not worth forcing it in my schedule. If I wait until it's cheap, no one will play it so it's not worth it to get it anyways.

MNC

Sorry, my limit is low $30s or less for PC games. Borderlands 1 did not really fill me with enjoyment single player (and I can't find anyone to coop with me = never finishing the game), so why would I pay $60 for a game I'll likely end up playing 10 hours and stop.

If you don't think you'll enjoy the game, why even want to buy it? Just don't buy it. That simple.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah it does. I get it cheap now, I shove the game in my schedule. If it's too much money, it's not worth forcing it in my schedule. If I wait until it's cheap, no one will play it so it's not worth it to get it anyways.

You needed a whole second post to make sense of it.

jediyoshi

That's the part. Right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom