• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

In conclusion, I'd be apt to get it for cheap now, or not at all.

Either buy if for cheap on day one or not buy it at all. That is a stance difficult to please if one of your hobbies is related to video-games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is Renegade Ops any good? I mean, I won't be able to buy anything till the bank clears my CC's next monday, but I'll think about it next time the game goes on sale.

You're a Steam user; you're supposed to buy it anyway. :p

The intro to the game sold me so i bought it without even waiting for the free weekend to end.

FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME. Who wants to co-op!?

Also, any way to optimize the game's performance graphically? ingame settings arent too advanced.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have no idea how my cousins can afford to be gaming in AnythingCanAndWillKillYouLand.

Wages here even the playing field. Well, mostly; there are always exceptions...

PfAqW.jpg

but it's only 66% off! :(

Psh, excuses!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The intro to the game sold me so i bought it without even waiting for the free weekend to end.

FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME. Who wants to co-op!?

Also, any way to optimize the game's performance graphically? ingame settings arent too advanced.
I've never even started it yet. If you want to play co-op sometime, just add me to steam (ID's the same as my GAF username).

Ledsen

Is Renegade Ops any good? I mean, I won't be able to buy anything till the bank clears my CC's next monday, but I'll think about it next time the game goes on sale.

Best top-down shooter I've ever played. Simply fantastic. Also the vehicle controls and physics are so satisfying the game could easily be a great rc pro am-like racer.

dot

SR3 is AMAZING.

Co-op is insanely fun and hilarious, i haven't had this much fun in a game in a looong time. I'm gonna play this for the rest of the day with a friend to make the most out of the free weekend, hehe.

I was already planning on getting this before but now i'm definitely gonna buy this game later when it's cheap.

JustinBB7

Apparently Borderlands 2 made enough people login to set a new record concurrent Steam login peak, 4,876,615 accounts.

It peaks well above 5 million weekly, especially on Sundays.

SR3 is AMAZING.

Co-op is insanely fun and hilarious, i haven't had this much fun in a game in a looong time. I'm gonna play this for the rest of the day with a friend to make the most out of the free weekend, hehe.

I was already planning on getting this before but now i'm definitely gonna buy this game later when it's cheap.

It's 66% off right now, it's worth the money imo, so much fun in co-op.

It peaks well above 5 million weekly, especially on Sundays.

Aye. I'd like to imagine Dota 2 is really bringing home the bacon for Valve, since it's probably going to be the game to beat once it finally enters open beta. If they include the inevitable Chinese variant of Steam & Dota 2 with their figures, then I will give them six months after the release of Chinese Dota 2 before 15 million becomes the norm.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So Saints Row 3 only wants to run in DX9 mode, and decides to crash when using DX10. Anyone else had this problem, and was able to fix it? Google has failed me.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't install DX manually, but the game automatically installed some version it came with. And I haven't updated the GPU drivers in quite some time, I'm afraid that something may randomly stop working after doing that.

I didn't install DX manually, but the game automatically installed some version it came with. And I haven't updated the GPU drivers in quite some time, I'm afraid that something may randomly stop working after doing that.

Maybe you need to update your GPU drivers I think that it will fix your problem, but maybe it could be another issue!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
OK, long story short I'm giving away some games. Email me (hint: quote this post!) with anything off the list and I'll send a gift on back to that e-mail address if I've still got the game. Yes, you can ask for as many or as few as you want, but no multiple copies.

edit: All gone!

Proooobably gonna be first come first serve but if one of you asks for ten games and someone else asks for one of those ten games like a minute later, the first one might end up with nine so the second can get one. Spread the wealth a little, y'know.

didamangi

OK, long story short I'm giving away some games. Email me with anything off the list and I'll send a gift on back to that e-mail address if I've still got the game. Yes, you can ask for as many or as few as you want, but no multiple copies.

Sent an email :)

edit: Thx a lot honorless :)

grkazan12

OK, long story short I'm giving away some games. Email me (hint: quote this post!) with anything off the list and I'll send a gift on back to that e-mail address if I've still got the game. Yes, you can ask for as many or as few as you want, but no multiple copies.

• BIT.TRIP BEAT
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER (Humble Store)
  • Botanicula
  • Dungeons of Dredmor Complete Pack — Only includes the base game and Realm of the Diggle Gods. I bought this before Wizardlands was a thing, sorry!
  • Dynamite Jack
  • Eufloria
  • Gundemonium Collection
  • Hamilton’s Great Adventure
  • Humble Indie Bundle 6 (Humble Store) — Includes BTA extras.
  • Jamestown Deluxe Pack
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • LIMBO
  • Magicka
  • PixelJunk Eden — 2 copies available.
  • Rochard
  • Sequence
  • SpaceChem + 63 Corvi DLC — 2 copies available. I can split these out if you've already got the base game and just want the DLC.
  • Splice
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
  • Terraria
  • Titan Attacks
  • Tobe’s Vertical Adventure
  • Trine
  • Trine 2
  • VVVVVV
  • Waves — 2 copies available.
Proooobably gonna be first come first serve but if one of you asks for ten games and someone else asks for one of those ten games like a minute later, the first one might end up with nine so the second can get one. Spread the wealth a little, y'know.

Sent you a PM for bit trip beat w/ my email.

• BIT.TRIP BEAT
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER (Humble Store)
  • Botanicula
  • Dungeons of Dredmor Complete Pack — Only includes the base game and Realm of the Diggle Gods. I bought this before Wizardlands was a thing, sorry!
  • Dynamite Jack
  • Eufloria
  • Gundemonium Collection
  • Hamilton’s Great Adventure
  • Humble Indie Bundle 6 (Humble Store) — Includes BTA extras.
  • Jamestown Deluxe Pack
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • LIMBO
  • Magicka
  • PixelJunk Eden — 2 copies available.
  • Rochard
  • Sequence
  • SpaceChem + 63 Corvi DLC — 2 copies available. I can split these out if you've already got the base game and just want the DLC.
  • Splice
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
  • Terraria
  • Titan Attacks
  • Tobe’s Vertical Adventure
  • Trine
  • Trine 2
  • VVVVVV
  • Waves — 2 copies available.

Going to send you a mail for Terraria. Thanks!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Taking a short break from sending things off to say please don't quote my post! I did this via e-mail to avoid cluttering up the thread with a million quotes. Thank you!

OK, back to work. You all are as fast as I feared. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom