• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I, for one, have gone on record numerous times saying Garshasp is objectively better than God of War.

ArjanN

I could never tell if you guys were serious or not about this franchise.

Says the guy with a pony avatar. :p

They're not serious. It's a mediocre God of War clone that got a funny Giant Bomb quicklook. It's somewhat redeemed because it was developed by a handful of dudes in Iran with mostly free software tools.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Let me break down the ways in which GOW3 is owned by Garshasp:

-1080p and higher? 4k support? Check.
-60-120 fps? Check.
-Supports more than the Dualshock 3? Check.
-True 3D with Nvidia technology? Check.
-Uses Persian mythology rather than the over-used Greek myths? Check.

ArjanN

-60-120 fps? Check.

Joking aside, even if it's a clone I do appreciate them even attempting to make a game in this genre and not just another quirky retro 2D platformer.

God of war would have most of those things if it was released for the pc and not baby's first computer.

Heh, time to check your sarcasm detector.
Even with better IQ and higher FPS it doesn't look nearly as good, it's also buggy, doesn't control very well and is even more simplistic than God of War.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ugh, so annoying. Wolfenstein 2009 has English voice-overs but all the menus/text are in German for me. Playing with the config file or using the command line doesn't do shit for me either, maybe I need to change the location in Control Panel...

Wolf09 is a fun little romp, not unlike Rage in the vague sense that it has a classic FPS core with a few modern trimmings. RIP Raven. :(

-60-120 fps? Check.

Incorrect. GoW III also supports the Sixaxis.

So Steam hit 5.3 million concurrent today, which is a record. Odds it'll hit 6m during the holiday sale?

I'm thinking we'll first see it surpass 6m when Dota 2 opens up.

Though with the holiday sale, people buying steamworks titles at retail and launching on a new platform I guess we could see it sooner.

Derrick01

Banned

-60-120 fps? Check.

Ok now how about the actual game?

inky

So Steam hit 5.3 million concurrent today, which is a record. Odds it'll hit 6m during the holiday sale?

Last year everybody was expecting it to hit 5 million, with Skyrim being still relatively new and the sale, but it didn't happen until early 2012. I think the odds are low, but Steam has been growing steadily so I'd love for it to happen.

JaseC

Now that Acti has Raven on death row Call of Duty duty, the least it could do is release a DD version of Heretic II.

I'm just glad they're at least somewhat safe as long as they have to work on CoD. Sadly they'll probably never work on an original game again :(

JaseC

I was also pleasantly surprised by Singularity (I've been meaning to run through it again, this time on the PC), but that sewer room with all the phase ticks is ridiculous on Hard. You only have to run 50m to a ladder but each phase tick attack takes off a third of your health and although you can use time bubbles and such to assist you, they're not much help against the dozens of the buggers and foashfuiasifhifysafu8oysuiohnfas.

anyone have this issue? i am using the detailed view with icons. My game list scrolls a bit down all the time even when i scroll all the way up. its not my mouse because i tried to scroll and see on other places and it doesn't do it.what could it be?

I was also pleasantly surprised by Singularity (I've been meaning to run through it again, this time on the PC), but that sewer room with all the phase ticks is ridiculous on Hard. You only have to run 50m to a ladder but each phase tick attack takes off a third of your health and although you can use time bubbles and such to assist you, they're not much help against the dozens of the buggers and foashfuiasifhifysafu8oysuiohnfas.

I played the game on Normal and didn't have any issues but I can see how it'd be annoying. If I ever play it again I'll make sure to go through it on Hard to experience that frustration.

I remember that part like it was 5 minutes ago.

Sanjay

I had no idea this shit still fucking goes on:-

untitledi2l4p.png

I've not even started the game yet :mad:

It took me weeks bouncing between Steam, Microsoft and Warner Bros Customer support to get Arkham City to simply activate. When pirates have an easier time playing your game than paying customers, you're doing it wrong.

Derrick01

Banned

untitledi2l4p.png

Yeah arkham city has like 18 different kinds of DRM in it. 19 if you bought it on Steam :p

But yeah it's terrible and WB/Rocksteady should be ashamed of how they handled the PC version.

Sober

untitledi2l4p.png

Yeah, that pisses me off, especially if they aren't going to remove it anytime soon. I want to replay it but if I move it off my main driver and put it away for later, it bugs out and wants me to activate it again. Pretty sure I only have 2 left, but not willing to try by activating it again.

kamspy

Wolf 09 and Singularity are both great games. Too bad it seems we're getting less of these types of FPS and level full games by Raven. I wonder if Raven is doing any of the SP content for MW4.

Finally finished Assassin's Creed 1 after abandoning it in 2007. Those last two "missions" were so shit.
yeah, just throw one fight after the other at me. Because those were definitely the best part about the game.

JaseC

Assassin's Creed > Assassin's Creed 2 ~/= Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood > Assassin's Creed: Revelations

JaseC

wait

what the actual fuck

and ive been talking to you all this time

I approve of just about every improvement to the general formula that was introduced with AC2, but I love the non-linear approach to assassinations in the original that little bit more. Objectively speaking it's certainly the roughest entry in the series, but it's also, thus far, the one that succeeds the most at making the player actually feel like an assassin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom