• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

haikira

Assassin's Creed > Assassin's Creed 2 ~/= Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood > Assassin's Creed: Revelations

ijrzms6dqyy071fp1x.gif

Just trying to be funny.

I don't think there's as big of a gap between the two, than most people try to make out. But i definitely prefer the sequel. Not an original opinion, but i just found the original too repetitive.

Salsa

but what about all that part where it was a completely shitty game where you did the same boring shit over and over again

AC2 is MILES better. I dont think I can think of another case where a sequel improved that much over the original.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
but what about all that part where it was a completely shitty game where you did the same boring shit over and over again

AC2 is MILES better. I dont think I can think of another case where a sequel improved that much over the original.

Loved it. Especially the flag races. (Okay, not really, but I didn't mind them.)

haikira

This reminds me. I need to get around to Revelations soon, so i'm ready for 3.

Guessing it's the usual deal with the PC version, with a month or two delay?

JaseC

This reminds me. I need to get around to Revelations soon, so i'm ready for 3.

Guessing it's the usual deal with the PC version, with a month or two delay?

Roughly three weeks this time (US release date is Nov. 20th), which, to my chagrin, is a week longer than the delay slapped on Revelations.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
How's that Anna game.. fucking hate when dev's name their shit that makes it really hard to find in a search engine.

Seriously, don't people think of that shit when making a game?

Anyhow, horror + First Person has worked before, Amnesia was fantastic!

Yet, something seems off on this one.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How's that Anna game.. fucking hate when dev's name their shit that makes it really hard to find in a search engine.

Seems to be mixed feelings on the payoff of the story, the graphical presentation being great at parts and lacking in others, and the usual issues of playing a game of a somewhat point and click nature (clunky inventory, pixel hunting, etc).

Keep thinking about going for it, but I don't know.

Ionic

In the future when a company releases a game with a name that isn't likely to bring up the game on the first page of Google just type "game" in front of the game name. "Anna game" into Google pretty much gives you just the game.

Sober

ijrzms6dqyy071fp1x.gif

Just trying to be funny.

I don't think there's not as big of a gap between the two, than most people try to make out. But i definitely prefer the sequel. Not an original opinion, but i just found the original too repetitive.
First game should win just from having superior and actual assassinations.

But I loved ACBro the most from the gameplay perspective. The entire AC2 trilogy is equal in terms of story. Thought ACR fell a bit flat minus a few parts
that chase against the dudes in the boat and the bard mission
or maybe it was just too similar gameplay-wise from ACB (as opposed to AC2->Brohood) to really grab me again. Luckily they pulled through with Ezio's arc at the end.

eyeless

I approve of just about every improvement to the general formula that was introduced with AC2, but I love the non-linear approach to assassinations in the original that little bit more. Objectively speaking it's certainly the roughest entry in the series, but it's also, thus far, the one that succeeds the most at making the player actually feel like an assassin.
this guy

this is the guy

ArjanN

yeah the australian guy with bad opinions

am I rite

No. I think people don't give the first game enough credit. There's definately things the first game did better. I didn't really like them upping the collectathon elements either.

The later games might be better on their own, but by the third one I was already feeling sequel fatigue.

JaseC

yeah the australian guy with bad opinions

am I rite

ohyouvhfsk.jpg

Let the truth into your heart.

I haven't been following AssCreed 3 all that much, but I'm hoping players are required to put at least a little more effort into assassinations (hardly a deal-breaker in any case). Also, I e-mailed Ubi earlier, asking when somebody will flip the green switch on Steam pre-orders (DD pre-orders are up just about everywhere else), and enquired as to the whereabouts of Far Cry 3. I'll post the response if it's at all helpful.

Twinduct

Cortex Command sould be released on Steam this week.

Oh geez. I've bought like the game twice. First one was on a hotmail account that got hacked and second was on a previous work mail (Yeah stupid I know, but for some reason I couldn't buy it using a free mail provider).

Third time's the charm?

Grokbu

I asked this in the Borderlands 2 thread, but this might be a better place to ask.

If I order Borderlands 2 from GMG, I shouldn't have any problem installing the game on my swedish Steam account, right?

Milamber

I asked this in the Borderlands 2 thread, but this might be a better place to ask.

If I order Borderlands 2 from GMG, I shouldn't have any problem installing the game on my swedish Steam account, right?

Its a Steamworks game, the key GMG gives you is a steamworks code to activate on Steam. This is the same for any physical PC copies of the game.

1-D_FTW

I guess I never cared about big picture mode.

I've cared, but until they streamline it and have it not take in-game performance, I'll not be using it. Performance > superficial eye candy.

ohyouvhfsk.jpg

Let the truth into your heart.

I haven't been following AssCreed 3 all that much, but I'm hoping players are required to put at least a little more effort into assassinations (hardly a deal-breaker in any case). Also, I e-mailed Ubi earlier, asking when somebody will flip the green switch on Steam pre-orders (DD pre-orders are up just about everywhere else), and enquired as to the whereabouts of Far Cry 3. I'll post the response if it's at all helpful.

You don't wanna know what's in my heart.

When I scrolled down and quickly glanced at the photo, I thought "What's with the ugly dude?" Then when I focused in and realized it was a girl, also realized it was your avatar.

Oh, yeah. It's a cruel, dark place in there.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

When I scrolled down and quickly glanced at the photo, I thought "What's with the ugly dude?" Then when I focused in and realized it was a girl, also realized it was your avatar.

iInSUpEugezR1.gif

I've cared, but until they streamline it and have it not take in-game performance, I'll not be using it. Performance > superficial eye candy.

lol gold.

little late to the part but IMO AC2 >> AC1. Story, Gameplay, Scope. AC1's assassinations were a lot more detailed, but like anything....if you do it for 100 times, it starts to wear on you a little bit.

I really enjoyed Ezio's story.
....havnt done Revelations yet, burnt out from Brotherhood
. Couldn't really get into Altair's much, seems like they didn't develop it.

Anyway, can't wait to get into AC3. Gameplay looks to be the same as the jump from AC1 to AC2.

anyone else laugh when someone types 'AssBro'? no?

little late to the part but IMO AC2 >> AC1. Story, Gameplay, Scope. AC1's assassinations were a lot more detailed, but like anything....if you do it for 100 times, it starts to wear on you a little bit.

I really enjoyed Ezio's story.
....havnt done Revelations yet, burnt out from Brotherhood
. Couldn't really get into Altair's much, seems like they didn't develop it.

Anyway, can't wait to get into AC3. Gameplay looks to be the same as the jump from AC1 to AC2.

anyone else laugh when someone types 'AssBro'? no?

It's AssBroHo

JaseC

War for Cybertron seems to have been added to Steam AU at some point between the last time it was on sale and today. Better late than never, I suppose.

:(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

ibyk42xDykHMwq.gif

Nabs

I got a 25% off code by "buying" Age of Fear when it was free a few days ago.

Here's 20% off GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom