• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I wonder what is going on with the Steam Software launch. We haven't heard anything since its release date passed by.

iNvid02

hey guys does anyon kn...

I've cared, but until they streamline it and have it not take in-game performance, I'll not be using it. Performance > superficial eye candy.

You don't wanna know what's in my heart.

When I scrolled down and quickly glanced at the photo, I thought "What's with the ugly dude?" Then when I focused in and realized it was a girl, also realized it was your avatar.

Oh, yeah. It's a cruel, dark place in there.

zlnUm.gif

Can't get XCOM demo to download yet, looking forward to checking it out later. EDIT: Nevermind, downloading after a Steam restart.
I got a 25% off code by "buying" Age of Fear when it was free a few days ago.

GMG didn't send me a code in the email with Age of Fear, does the 25% code stack with the trade-in discount?

Nabs

Nope, it won't stack with the trade-in. Check the order confirmation email for the code if you want it. It expires at the end of October.

Season Pass is down to $24 @ GMG (w/ -20% coupon).

Are there any dates as to when DLC will hit? Chances are the season pass will make the DLC cheaper than buying seperate a steam sale?

Really thinking of biting...

MRORANGE

So I'm stuck in one my lectures today and trying not to fall asleep, so I decided to launch l4d on my laptop, when a guy behind me starts tapping me to ask " how do you get that 360 game on your laptop"

So I'm stuck in one my lectures today and trying not to fall asleep, so I decided to launch l4d on my laptop, when a guy behind me starts tapping me to ask " how do you get that 360 game on your laptop"

Your laptop must be really good to run a 360 emulator.

iNvid02

tell him your dad works at microsoft and you get access to his uh... devkit

he'll prob ask about the new xbox, have some fun

Anybody know whether they've removed the TAGES from Chronicles of Riddick? It's on sale on GOG, but I'd rather have it on my Steam account. The store page says it's still there but they're sometimes slow updating it.

So happy I held off on getting Mark of the Ninja for Live. And it's good to know it won't be GFWL also. Why do some Microsoft published games include it while others don't?

Nabs

So happy I held off on getting Mark of the Ninja for Live. And it's good to know it won't be GFWL also. Why do some Microsoft published games include it while others don't?

Do we know if this is published by Microsoft on PC? Most 1 month exclusives are self-published.

1-D_FTW

Well if MS owns the developer, that's obvious. As for the others, I'd assume it comes down to choice. If a developer prefers to use something else, and didn't get roped into a horrible contract, they're free to do so. MS technically publishes all indie XBLA titles. So you don't want to read too much into what a MS "Published" XBLA title really is.

Do we know if this is published by Microsoft on PC? Most 1 month exclusives are self-published.

I have no idea. I was just going by the game's Wikipedia page and read elsewhere Microsoft published it.

Well if MS owns the developer, that's obvious. As for the others, I'd assume it comes down to choice. If a developer prefers to use something else, and didn't get roped into a horrible contract, they're free to do so. MS technically publishes all indie XBLA titles. So you don't want to read too much into what a MS "Published" XBLA title really is.

Ah, I see. It's always confused me because I remember Braid being published by them and it didn't have it, while Iron Brigade does, for example.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
When did Steam start asking us to which drive we wanted to install? I just noticed this for the first time with the X-COM demo.

I read somewhere that the choice to choose where to install only kicks in if you're short on space. That doesn't make any sense, but yea...

Detox

I believe you can only install where you want for games that use the new content delivery system. Eventually all games will be converted to the new system.

MRORANGE

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What'd you say?

I told it was Steam, a digital platform to download games, he gave me a blank stare for a few seconds and then said "oh".

"Try attaching some magnets to your HDD."

lol.

tell him your dad works at microsoft and you get access to his uh... devkit

he'll prob ask about the new xbox, have some fun

I should have stuck some 360 badges on my laptop and tried to sell it to him, this piece of junk is getting old.

Mairu

Here is your opportunity to convert someone to the master race!

Jzero

He probably went home and tried putting an xbox game in his laptop.

How's that Anna game.. fucking hate when dev's name their shit that makes it really hard to find in a search engine.

Seriously, don't people think of that shit when making a game?

Anyhow, horror + First Person has worked before, Amnesia was fantastic!

Yet, something seems off on this one.

It's not bad actually. I haven't made much progress in it, as I've been busy. It's a game that requires your attention and a clear head I think. It's like Scratches, and other adventure games. For that price, it's worth it IMO. Perfect game for October, the best month of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom