• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA

*rips a hole in spacetime from laughing so hard*

ACR is better than AC by a large large margin.

Very much disagree. AC at least gets credit for being the original while ACR is a totally unnecessary sequel.

They're all pretty bad games. 2 and Brotherhood were just good at hiding it but people finally copped on in Revelations. They're all still beautiful to look at and explore, though.

eyeless

The great thing about Assassin's Creed 1 is if you've completed one assassination assignment, you've basically played them all.
actually, i'd say that's true for every game but the first. after the first game, there really is no more "assassinations", just killing dudes.

Big-E

If I just watch youtube clips of the AC story am I good? Tried playing AC couldn't get into
at and I have AC2 but I am not starting that because I feel I will be lost.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
no. No mention of it anywhere

Odd that it's apparently the RU version of the Season Pass, then. As mentioned, an e-mail to Support should sort out the issue.

If I just watch youtube clips of the AC story am I good? Tried playing AC couldn't get into

Yeah, YouTube'ing the cutscenes is often the recommended way of "playing" through the game.

The other option is somebody could summarise the entire plot of all the games so far into about two lines for you.

Don't be worried about missing things, they have about 2 minutes of story at the end, and what is there is completely stupid.

I'm not a huge fan to be honest.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's really sad that not too many people know about Steam.

Then again, maybe it's a good thing it doesn't cater to the lowest common denominator.

camerooni

Neo Member
Wait is the Spiderman game really coming out tomorrow?

That was my question - it's apparently up on Impusle tomorrow - from what I read it was Steamworks?

Since it wasn't on Steam yet (though could be added from the retail disc), I was enquiring if anyone knew yay or nay that it would be out on the 25th (it's currently the 25th here, but we're advanced :p)

Oh and anyone interested in screenshot/video spoilers - Gamehub is here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/212580

Blizzard

Banned
It's really sad that not too many people know about Steam.

Then again, maybe it's a good thing it doesn't cater to the lowest common denominator.
On the bright side we can be Steam hipsters.

"Oh this old thing? I'm just playing Left 4 Dead on Steam, you've probably never heard of it."

Gvaz

Banned
default skin is just fucking ugly and takes up so much space.

I hate how far away from minimalism they're going. I don't need BIG FUCKING BUTTONS to click on, that shit is for mobiles and tablets. My desktop needs to min/max every fucking pixel of available space, not for your shitty ribbons, and not for your shitty design UIs either.

The point of this is: Minimal Steam for life.

Cramoss

9Bjoc.gif

JaseC

Damn, Second Sight was pulled from Steam. I was looking at it about 2 weeks ago.

It is still on gog though.

I'd like it if Valve were a little more transparent about games being removed from Steam. Sometimes it's obvious, such as EA wanting to have its cake and eat it too as far as DLC is concerned, and Wolf09 disappearing when Acti's publishing rights expired, but in cases such as Second Sight, where the game disappears even though it's still being actively sold by its current (and original, no less) publisher elsewhere, it's just strange.

Edit: Another strange example is the 2009 Ghostbusters game. I picked it up during last year's Halloween sale, IIRC, but it was removed earlier this year and is still sold outside of Steam (e.g. it's currently half off over at GamersGate).

I'm glad I got Wolfenstein 09 and Prey but fuck whoever removed NWN2 and Outrun :(

Ahahahahahaha

*cough*

dock said:
Compared to the iOS / Android or Mac store, or even the Nintendo eShop, or Amazon... this looks like it is designed for a 17 year old boy. It might as well come with press on tribal tattoos. The dark grey background is part of it, but also the layout and style of images used throughout. Even stupid stuff like the stat boxes and graphs are overtly male.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wok

Damn, Second Sight was pulled from Steam. I was looking at it about 2 weeks ago.

It is still on gog though.

During the summer sales, this game was not discounted as heavily as what we could have expected. Maybe it was a sign.

JaseC

Prey is probably the strangest case, because it's no longer sold via DD anywhere, but 2K still occasionally prints retail copies (Edit: for budget labels rather than its own), at least in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom